What's your favourite RTW collection season of all time?

- FW 2002: it was such a great season.
Balenciaga by NG, Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, YSL, Lanvin, Rick Owens, Prada, Dior, Chloe, Alexander McQueen, Junya Watanabe, Margiela, Hermes, Yohji, CDG, Givenchy, Jean Colonna

- SS 2011: Tom Ford, Chanel (The feather dress), Fendi, Alaïa, Prada, MiuMiu, Versace, Balenciaga, Celine, Lanvin, Vionnet, Alexander McQueen, Margiela, Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs.

But tbh, I don’t know if there’s a season that is better than the other between 2001 to 2011. I think there was still a competitive nature to fashion and many events that shifted the POV of many designers.

My favorite Tom Ford collections were for SS & FW2001. My favorite Helmut Lang collection was for SS2001. Margiela and Prada are SS 2007. Riccardo FW2007…etc.

I think that the run from FW2007 to SS2009 offered a lot of iconic, game changing collections for a lot of brands…From CDG to Cavalli. But those weren’t my formative years in terms of fashion.
I will always cherish the early 00’s.
something was in the air in the 2000s I think people at that point really understood how much money could be made in fashion but also they were competitive just via creativity dressmaking Showmanship they had fun now they're trying to save their *** things are dwindling there's no room for creativity on that level for some large brands. Also in the 2000s creativity wise the skies were the limit you can pretty much do anything now that's over you can't talk about certain things you can't Outsource different cultures Cancel culture killed a lot of great fashion but we can always look back and we really do always look back we look back more than we look forward or equal parts I enjoy watching older fashion shows more than I watch new ones even the '70s or black and white Couture videos are more interesting not just the clothing but the models the way the audience reacted to it was just a different time

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lubom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->