When to start anti-wrinkle creams

I should post a picture of my mother, it's scary. People don't think we're related (oh, how I wish) - she looks 100 years old, and I haven't changed since I was 14 :lol:

i believe in preventative measures, using spf and a healthy lifestyle.

i'm only 36 but already i'm seeing some wrinkling under my eyes. i don't look as old as some of my friends because i'm quite baby-faced but my skin condition is not ideal. bad habits (smoking, drinking, lots of sun in my early 20s) and life in general has taken it's toll although it's not bad enough to make me cry because i have been avoiding the sun and quitting the smokes for a few years already.

now i'm getting lasers for my skin, non-ablative, more to stimulate collagen production and to get rid of pigmentation from my beachbunny days. i'm asian btw.

for all those who think it's too late, i've been smoking/drinking/eating poorly forever, there's good news! our skin regenerate so even if you have had bad habits before, if you start taking extra care and doing all the right things, your skin will improve.

and to answer the question of whether someone that young needs anti-wrinkle skincare products, my answer's "no, not yet". save your money for now, use spf and live healthy. some of my friends who did not smoke, drink or party have great skin for their age. then again i don't regret the partying and days in the sun, i only live once and i'm only young once. and i had a lot of fun. now that i'm older, i don't wish to party that much so i'm glad i did it when i wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the amount of time/money we spend worrying about wrinkles would actually put off a bit of our aging. :worried:

I mean, really... how much money and time do we invest on wrinkles? Are we vain? :unsure:

I mean, really... how much money and time do we invest on wrinkles? Are we vain? :unsure:
I have no qualms about admitting my vanity and obsession of wanting to stay looking young and wrinkle-free for as long as possible. All my money goes to skincare and exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->