When You Shop What Do You Typically Buy?

I usually buy accessories when I shop. They can change a whole outfit. The colors depend on the season I know they are on the way out but I still love metallics and winter scarfs and layering, also Im really into jackets. I have way more tops than I have bottoms

When you shop what do you typically buy?
I would have to say that I really favor unique shirts, feminine skirts and really outlandish almost "ugly" clothing, anything that varies from the typical.

What is the ratio of tops to bottoms to dresses ...etc?
5:2:1

How often do you buy swimwear?
Too much, I love bathing suits! ^_^

How often do you buy underware?
:innocent: I've wasted money on unnecessary indulgences...:blush:

What colors do you typically buy?
Any color that really pops! I suppose though that I am drawn to blues and greens mostly...

How much do you spend a month on apparel?
Around $1000-$1500.

Where do you shop most often?
Toronto, Buffalo, and online.

i end up buying a lot of tshirts/tops.. im always buying more.. i can never have enough.. i only buy jeans once in a while because its SO hard for me to find the perfect fit.... im constantly buying shoes.. lots of cheap shoes.. occasionally i buy expensive bags... *splurge*:rolleyes:

many many tops.. (i throw out the old ones.. but im constantly buying them.. so i have lotsa tops) some skirts.. lots of pants although i dont buy them often, because i never throw them away..

once a year, before spring break. i start looking around december...

How often do you buy underwear?
i stock up once a year..? or if i see something cute..

blue pink orange green purple.... anything with tons of COLOR.
i have tops in every single color / design imaginable.... except.. hmm. black maybe.

i never count.. i dont think i spend THAT much... but... still im afraid to count. it really varies a lot i think..

mostly online, but anywhere....really.. i will even shop at kmart if i see something that i like..

SHOES!!!!!!!!! + jeans and shirts
I have a lot but not to much shirts about 6 pairs of pants and many jackets...
Once a year...
Once in two months but usually I buy like 4 pairs at one time.
Everything from navy to pink!
WAY TOO MUCH!!! But it depends a lot... This month i spent about 300 euros but some times I spend 1000 euros a month (scary)
At Studio25 (a local boutigue which sells energie, 4you, diesel etc.)
Element all though I hate the satff! (a local shop which sells WE, J.Lindeberg, Tiger etc.)
Senza nema (or something? It sells Hugo Boss and Dolce & Gabbana)
+Dept stores and every where else!!! :wink:

When you shop what do you typically buy? Jeans, cashmere sweaters, bags (not so much lately though), and outerwear.

What is the ratio of tops to bottoms to dresses ...etc? I would say I have more tops than bottoms, but I wear the bottoms all a lot more often. I don't wear half of my tops.

How often do you buy swimwear? I usually buy 2-5 bathing suits a year. If I am going on a tropical vacation I buy them in the winter, but normally in early spring.

How often do you buy underwear? Probably like every two months, and I buy a lot at a time.

What colors do you typically buy? Black, grey, white, camel, red.

How much do you spend a month on apparel? It really is always changing. Sometimes I have a very expensive month, and sometimes I buy almost nothing.

Where do you shop most often? Barney's Co-Op, Scoop, Jeffrey's, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and recently (last two seasons) a good amount of Ralph Lauren.

When you shop what do you typically buy? Shoes and assesories

What is the ratio of tops to bottoms to dresses ...etc? more tops,as i have trouble finding trousers to fit

How often do you buy swimwear? i dont swim alot, i only buy if im going on holiday somewere hot

How often do you buy underware? Main load at begining of season i have a sort out, but if i buy a top which needs a certain type or colour of bra ill buy it then

What colors do you typically buy?pinks,purples,blues,white,pastels,green

How much do you spend a month on apparel? about £200

Where do you shop most often? Ebay, vintage, topshop, internet (these are the ones most readily available) basicly anywere and everywere

Bags... shoes... sneakers lol

uhhh... 10 to 3 to 1

once a year, if that.

when I see some I like?
blue, green, black, pink?

maybe 200... but probably less.... I spend more on bags

... I dunno..

jewellery, accessoires, bags, tops, shirts, jeans, shoes, jackets(especially blazers) I'm totally into shoes,bags and jewellery
hmmm I have around 20 jeans, but don't wear all of them, 15 or 20 trousers, 6 5-8 dresses, at least 20 skirts, and sure over 50 tops ( tops, shirts, polos, and pullovers ) I guess it should be ca.100 tops
my last one was like 5 years ago
when they are sale or I need new underwear
black, white, all kinds of blue, green, red, violet, some beige ( but just a few ) I just began to love brown lately , and a little bit rose
I'm just a student and my income is not as high as others, I usually buy things on sale so I guess around 0-50 € depends on if I find some nice things or not
I used to shopped a lot at GAP but they closed all their stores here unfortunately, H&M, Zara + Mango on sale, Breuninger, Vero Moda, Only, C&A, some Esprit, some S'Oliver, much stuff at traveling ( loved the markets in London and Hong Kong), Hallhuber, Görtz for shoes, I love Fred Perry but the woman fashion is not as great as for guyz, if it comes to Polos Lacoste are great , Gap got some nice too, Benetton is good as well,

tight v-necks and shirts with thin stipes. (always these two together).

Small, colourful t-shirts and the most unusual vintage polo-shirts I can find. (always these two together).

Jeans from Pull & Bear.

Only converse.

Unusual belts.

Weird jumpers!

I favour green!! I'm wearing 3 out of 5 green things today. Which is normal.

I always wear at least 3 layers of tops- that's my trademark!

I have no dresses ^_^
I have an never ending supply of various xs round-neck t-shirts.

I have 3 v-necks long sleeve and one short-sleeve.

I have about 5 pants.

I have about 5 vintage polo-shirts.

4 jumpers

4 belts.

5 converse (well 10!)

I usually but in Thrift shops and Pull & Bear ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

60's and 70's style tops-flared,bell,kimono sleeves, wrap tops. classic with little twists. Anything with Biba,Jean Muir influence.Stuff that I can wear again and again.No tacky material, ever.

i buy more tops than jeans or trousers. But then I'll spend more on trousers than I do on tops.

Almost never. Black bikini's always, every summer-with straw hat.I spend more money on the funky beach towel and bag though.

All the time.

black, grey, navy blue, white, with coloured bags-any colour balenciaga. I always spend much more money on bags. I have all different coloured accesories. And brown belts.

too much. I have an allowance and it all goes on clothes...but I live down the road from oxford street.

portobello, h&m, bags from Balenciaga.I only like stores like Harvey Nichs and selfridges for jeans and makeup-otherwise they're much too generic. Cheap bags from Jocassi. When I go to Dubai I bulk buy accessories. But if I like something, it doesn't matter where it's from-I've never shopped at Muji before but I got a scarf from there the other day.And I raid my mum's old wardrobe for silk scarves and embroidered pashminas.

Last edited by a moderator:
most of my money goes to shoes / bags and bigger pieces ie. coats, trenches, etc etc
then its watches and jewelry
i like basic pieces, so whenever i see something i like, i usually get it in all colors.

Silk Tops and purses

65%tops, 10% skirts,10% pants, 15% dresses

I only have had two bikinis for the last 5 years. I don't swim that often though.

2-3 times a year

pink, brown, pastels

sometimes $500, sometimes $4000+

Neiman Marcus, Macy's San Francisco, boutiques, online, eBay

outerwear, jeans, earrings
about equal tops and jeans, disproportionately high number of polos and short jackets, few skirts and pants (dresses preferred)
only when forced by my boyfriend, about once a year
i go months at a time without buying any, but buy them every week when travelling
black, ivory, butterscotch, gray, white. for color, i like most shades of blue, lipstick red and shell pink.
highly variable, but definitely would average in the $500-$1000 range
designer discount and consignment, just starting to get into boutique sales and handmade craft stuff

resuscitating this thread!

i either buy things on my trusty 'list' or else things that are too good to pass up.
definately more tops. mostly because they are less drudgery to try on and i am a lazy shopper. and i think it's easier to find good tops.
maybe every 5 years? ...i don't really have swimwear on my radar. i live in california and go to clothing-optional beaches! and i hate the chlorine in pools.
it totally depends, either when i need it or find something cute
i love all colors, i have a feeling i need to rein myself in a bit and focus more on some kind of a palette because i'd like to buy fewer clothes that work together. but i like olive green, dusty colors, and of course basics like black, red white and grey
it varies! at a change of season i spend more, i bet it averages about $200-500.
i have always shopped at thrift stores, and i'm trying to learn to shop in 'normal' stores better. thrift stores = one-of-a-kind, often really good construction/fabric, cheap... but there are a lot of drawbacks as well. i've been finding a lot of good stuff recently at jcrew, and i get a lot of basics and odds and ends at old navy, and some local boutiques. basically i hit all of the chain stores (at about 5 min per store) as well, you never know what you'll find.

Only when there is something specific I need and during the sales.
I have too many t-shirts and basics as opposed to bottoms
Every two years or whenever I go on a beach holiday
Twice a year when I can raid my Mom's boutique.
I'm willing to try any colours as long as they look good on my skintone
It depends, I can go weeks without shopping when I am uninspired, normally spend under £250 a month
Selfidges, Liberty, Topshop

when you shop what do you typically buy?
whatever it is I saw that i liked/ or need or things that i think i just must buy or die
what is the ratio of tops to bottoms to dresses...etc?
I rarely buy pants (i guess i dont like how i look in them)mostly flowy tops-jeans- and alot of dresses.
how often do you buy swimwear?
when im going to travel somewhere where is its needed.
how often do you buy underwear?
I usually buy them in bulk-so ill go to la perla and buy 30 panties/bras/nighties. so maybe 2-3 times a year.
black is number one- but then i tend to go for flashy bright colors, green,purple,blue- depends on my tan state.
it depend, I can go a couple of weeks with no shopping then just go on crazy sprees- so you can say from $1000 a month-$10000 a month(if i buy lots of bags)
when Im living here in paris- Printemps second/third floor or balenciaga.
NY:bergdrof/barneys/jeffereys/zabete. LA:Barneys/decades/hiddentreasures/rodeo/melrose.
BUt I Happen to buy alot of stuff from Net-a-porter.

Tops, jeans, bags, accessories...

About 3 tops to 1 pair of pants, and dozens of dresses

Every May ready for the holiday season

Whenever I see anything I like

Creams, browns, pastels

About two to three thousand pounds :ninja:

Chloe, Matthew Williamson, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Matches, Louis Vuitton...I am a self-confessed shopaholic...B)

prabably about 4 : 1 : 0.1 respectivley. Except for a few skirts and shorts in the summer, I wear jeans all the time. And since most jeans are similar, and typically not all that hard to find, I never prioritize on jeans on only get them when I have a little extra to spend. Becuase my bottoms are simple most of my outfit is on the top half, so I buy lots of tops. And dresses never seened to work their way into my closet, I have about 4...

I buy 1-2 new suits every spring. Last year I somehow misplaced the bag with all of my swimsuits while on vacation, so I'm back to 0 right now

I have tons and tons of cheapo underwear which I used to buy regularly since it would rip or get stolen by the little washing machiene knomes (Seriosly, dont know where it goes!). In the spring and summer I purchased a few pieces from agent provacatuer, but I haven't purchased underwear since them.

With denim, I predder darker colors. Other than that, I'm really open to just about everything. I like dark colors, nuetrals, and black/white. The only color I dont really like is pink.

I get 2.5k a month and so far I've always spent it all on clothes/shoes/bags. I should be saving but it's so hard when I have nothing to save for :huh:

Neimanmarcus.com, bergdorfgoodman.com, blaec.com, eluxury.com, net-a-porter.com, luisviaroma.com, ebay.com... Theres mroe but thats all that comes to mind right now. I have no good stores near me so I shop online.

I typically buy jeans and shoes. I have a hard time for tops that I like, so I end up buying too many sweatshirts. :yuk:

I rarely buy dresses. I have issues finding tops I like. So mostly bottoms. :cry:

Rarely. Maybe once every few years.

Only when I need new ones.

Most of my clothes are gray, black, or white. Some creams and oatmeals. Not a big color person.

Some months it's outrageous, some months not a penny.

I'm ALL over the place with shopping... anywhere from oldnavy.com to jcrew.com to net-a-porter.com.

tops and bags

more tops than pants, only a few skirts nd only like 2 dresses

once a year

3 times a year

Black, Brown, Green

£60 - not enough

vintage, topshop, h and m - usually in sales

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->