Who is iamamiwhoami?

oh wow, that's a very good theory! ^^ they're very much into numerical and latin and riddles...

I'm starting to think it's someone totally new... and I definitely don't think it's Gaga, Lykke Li, MGMT, or Christina. The big names that make the most sense to me right now are Nine Inch Nails and Little Boots.

IA. I doubt those big name stars would need this kind of underground publicity.

im subscribing to this thread because now im intrigued :lol:

the videos are pretty amazing too.

If im honest i think Christina does.
agreed, even though she's regularly papped, she's fallen of the radar from music perspective. there's a while motherly/marriage image to her now, so i'm think she might need something radical to get back on track.

...BUT...

i really can't imagine her being THIS creative and all.
after all of the reading ...i'm thinking it's The Knife, they're mysterious enough.

wasn't she one of the guesses? this kinda fits right judging by the amounty of albums going out:

Five years after the release of her 2005 eponymous masterpiece, Swedish pop genius Robyn is coming back with three new albums that will roll out across 2010, according to an interview in Swedish magazine Bon. (Take that, Newsom!)

Among her bounty of new, more "dance-oriented" songs is a "rap duel" with Snoop Dogg, a track produced by Röyksopp called "None of Dem" that she says sounds like a Timbaland song, one called "Fembot" that's about "30-year-old women who want to get pregnant" (Robyn turned 30 last year), another one called "Don't ****ing Tell Me What to Do", and "Dance Hall Queen", which was produced by Diplo and mysteriously found its way onto the internet earlier this month. So yeah, feel free to get excited.

Bon reports the first LP is due this spring, with the following two out in summer and winter, and that Klas Åhlund, Andreas Kleerup, Patrik Berger, and Savage Skulls also worked with Robyn on the new material.

The lengthy interview (which is not on Bon's website at the moment but is definitely worth seeking out) has Robyn talking about trying to make pop star machinery work for her, Lady Gaga ("I don't like her music"), Fever Ray ("It's good music. But that's the tastemaker world ... I am talking about the commercial music world, which is my world."), feeling self-conscious while taking African dance lessons, Michael Jackson, Obama ("It's better that [the U.S.] voted for Obama to be their king instead of Bush, but to believe that Obama has some power or some real effect on our society-- that is just silly, right?"), along with her Stockholm dance party, Konichiwa b*tches Goes Tutti Frutti, which recently featured a middle-aged woman performing a version of the song "Tutti Frutti" with an accordion while dressed up in fruits.

It does not get much better than Robyn, folk
community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt

Robyn? maybe though i don't see Robyn at all in the iamamiwhoami women.

okay, whos the Robyn your referring to?
just so i know im thinking about the same girl.

hmmm still kinda thinking christina? i've never heard of this little boots, and she's not too largely known in north america from what i know, so it would be odd too have a marketing ploy like this when you're not known quite wide spread. atleast, thats my opinion
i kinda thought maybe robyn, cause she's all eccentric n stuff, but i don't think she would change her image/music style so drastically. as usually, her songs were pretty upbeat in a positive way.
not gaga, doesn't look like her at all, and yeah she's already got her promoting businesss all finished.
i'm leaning towards xtina, as she's super well known, yet needs something to really put her music on the map for a comeback right?

but UGHHH when will they reveal themselves!! i think whoever it is is pulling this mystery on a bit too long
they're risking getting some haters now just out of pure impatience lol :P :P

Oh that Koninchiwa b*tches chick. I thought you were referring to her. She seems too stupid to be making something so cerebral.

pro-christina choice:

Somebody figured out that the backstory for the viral videos is actually based on the myth of Huldra 'lady of the forest'.

Huldra's myth:

These videos are based on the mythological Huldra from folklore. She is an ugly creature covered in bark and mud/soot, that hangs from trees and lures men and has her way with them (which would explain all the sexual **** going on in the videos). She looks like a beautiful, blond, blue-eyed beauty but when the female Huldra is discovered, the glamour masking her true ugly self vanishes. Glamour. Glam. Glam is only a mask. Christina's first single is "Glam".

Musically, this sounds like Christina's new direction. Ladytron said the 4 songs they co-wrote and produced for Christina were a lot like their Velocifero/Witching Hour sound which is SO much like the music used in the viral vids.

An insider with Christina's marketing team has already confirmed that the album is slated for a May release with the single dropping in mid March. (Glam might not be the first single, they haven't decided on the first single yet!) I'd say that is about the right timing for the 6th video to drop. (The last 2 or 3 virals came within 2 and half weeks of eachother).

But the coincidences are piling up. First the codes "CH:AG" and "I AM C", then Christina stepping out wearing the cake tshirt the same day the 3rd viral came out with the SAME cakes randomly floating around the embryonic fluid. We have Christina talking about birth being a focal point for the album: How she did alot of these visual/mood boards and brainstorming WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT. She has said she wants to explore the whole birth and preganacy thing for Bionic. She hires this incredible photographer Alix Malka, and his beautifully freaky imagery, to shoot her album artwork 6-7 months before the album is even expected to be released? Why? The water and the colors used in the virals SCREAMS Alix Malka's photography. Christina's label say the marketing for Bionic is already out there and that we have been exposed to it. What could that possibly be? Christina hasn't done anything besides shoot her new movie since Nov 2009. (These virals started coming out in Dec 2009, one month after she met up with Alix Malka in LA) Her label also said she would be using a completely different type of marketing she has never done before and that it would be "outside of the box". Hmmmm.

Also, indie producer Diplo ( who produced MIA's Paper Planes) twittered that he was hanging with Christina late one night a few days ago. She is still recording songs for Bionic apparently. Is Diplo still mixing the album or they could be doing new songs together? Christina is also working with producer Switch (Diplo's partner) on several tracks! Just to point out that Christina still recording at this late stage is not new behaviour. She did that with Stripped and even after Ain't No Other Man hit radio, Christina was still recording songs for B2B. John Hill (Who also worked with Santigold) already claimed credit for producing the song "Bionic" which the album is named after.

Each viral video represents a metaphorical statement linking itself to the TITLES OF THE SONGS ON CHRISTINA'S ALBUM. "Bionic" - The lifelike ability to perform supernatural things. Hence the ability to lick a tree for a life producing element which begins to flow freely. (Viral Video 2) BIONIC - Having lifelike attachments not natural to one's body. i.e. The arms and legs extending from the trees in the first video. Another song on Christina's album (co-written and produced by Ladytron) is "Birds of Prey". The owl noticing its prey in sight and gearing down to attack is another example from the first video. Christina said she didn't want to talk about song titles, in her radio message last year, because "they had so much meaning". She also has a new song by Ladytron called "Kimono Girl", which is pretty sweet since Christina lived in Japan for several years when she was a small girl.

"Glam" being the first single (Still not confirmed) could have a completely different meaning than what we would automatically expect. (Looking beautiful and glam and all that and going out partying *yawn*). Just judging by her current style, which is so much more edgy and messy

Using the Huldra myth in these virals and the whole magical GLAMOUR masking thing being a key feature. We already know Christina is almost completely naked on her album cover which was shot by Alix Malka. And Ladytron said the work they did for Christina focused on the weird side of humanity.

Christina's publicist said it wasn't her. But c'mon, think about it:

This is a viral campaign where the mystery of the girl's identity is the main point... Obviously admitting it's Christina (or whoever) after only 3 vids is just plain stupid. The whole campaign will be OVER despite having several more videos to release including the big reveal. Okay, so being honest and saying "Yes" is obviously not an option. But in Christina's case, where she is the number 1 suspect, saying "No Comment" will automatically mean they're hiding something and therefore more likely to be Christina and thus ruining the big reveal since everyone will think it's her. The only option Christina's publicist had was to say NO and lay low... even if this really is Christina.

Basically, what the publicist says means absolutely nothing either way. We won't know for sure until the girl in the video is revealed or Christina comes out with her new bionic era image. Thankfully, her movie Burlesque wraps filming in just a few days. Then she can finally switch to focusing on the album.

6 seems to be a number that keeps coming up in all the videos so we're all thinking that there will be 6 videos in the whole set.

We're up to video 5 at the moment.

The next one should drop in mid-March.

Guess who has a new single dropping in mid-March?

Christina Aguilera.

community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/

It's so funny how this has consumed me . It's definitely not healthy how much it has . :(

I love this whole mystery going on here :P

What does the Mandragora Officinarum have to do with this? If you look at its page on wikipedia, it looks ridiculous:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandragora_officinarum

I somehow think the whole page has been made up by the people behind these vids. Also, what the hell do those animals have to do with it? In order of appearance:

Goat
Owl
Whale
Fly
Llama

In Latin:

Capra aegagrus
Strigiformes
Mysticeti
Musca domestica
Lama glama

Ok, it makes no sense whatsoever :lol:

i have no idea who it is and it would be soo freaking cool if it was a major superstar-singer like christina but somehow i doubt that it is her...

Goat
Owl
Whale
Fly
Llama

animal mysticism:
goat: bring willpower to follow through on the action or project
owl: The owl is the archetype of wisdom in many cultures' parables. The owl is often a sign of longevity, as well as knowledge. This knowledge pertains especially to the future and the mysteries of the night. You may be seeking such knowledge or be receiving an oracle hinting that you may be in possession of such knowledge.

Wisdom, Mystery, Transition, Messages, Intelligence, Mysticism, Protection, Secrets

whale: to trust and go with the flow, got the tail waving with the ocean
i thought it was a bee or wasp :huh:
llama: - guardian of the sacred within, to help self confidence and pride

http://www.experiencefestival.com/meaning_of_a_dream_owl
http://www.ancientshamanism.com/shamanism-animal-archetypes.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back