Who is iamamiwhoami?

i've just checked the video clips ...
i think it's a scandinavian or icelandic group ...

or this is just teasing for an upcoming product ... like ... a washing powder.

it looks like Kerli to me (but the scale of the viral campaign/ amount of media speculation screams someone of Christina's monetary status).

My last guess is Royksopp. They have an album due in April called Senior. The wiki said this:

Senior is a forthcoming album from Norwegian duo Röyksopp, set for release in April 2010.The album has been described as an introspective, withdrawn, atmospheric counterpart to energetic Junior. Röyksopp described the album as having an "autumn mood" to it, while Junior had a "spring feel". In an interview with KCRW, Svein Berge likened Senior to "the senile sibling of Junior who lives in the attic." Three track titles have been confirmed so far: The Alcoholic, The Fear and Coming Home. The Alcoholic has been described by the band as a "nostalgic idea based on this hobo who hitchhikes on trains and travels from place to place."
That's it now, I'm outta ideas :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out about iamamiwhoami today and it does look like Little Boots trying to be like Fever Ray. Plus she chose Fever Ray's album as her favourite of 2009.... Though I would love it if it were Fever Ray or The Knife.
Little Boots

"My favourite album of 2009 was Fever Ray by Fever Ray. I thought it was an incredibly innovative album, with a really unusual combination of organic and electronic sounds that really struck a chord with me. Karin Dreijer Andersson's lyrics mix the mundane and everyday with the dark and fantastic in such a way that is always somehow pleasurably uncomfortable. I love how a sense of artistic vision and focus comes through with the record, and this was further compounded when I saw the live show, which is nothing short of breathtaking. Blinking household lamps mix with huge coloured laser beams and voodoo masks, working all the time with the music, never detracting from it, resulting in an all round sensory expression of a brilliant album."

I don't think it's Christina. There's no denial she's a talented vocalist and all but having a group talented producers backing your work is very typical for mainstream artists.

The videos are interesting and it's better to do a reveal or album release rather than to build speculation until it becomes daunting.

i've just checked the video clips ...
i think it's a scandinavian or icelandic group ...

or this is just teasing for an upcoming product ... like ... a washing powder.
I had the same Nordic hunch, the style and content fit that region well.

I'm surprised that no website has bothered to note the original times each video was uploaded. They were likely uploaded during the "day" of the area of origin.

As for your second comment ...

It could maybe also be Lykke Li working with Royksopp ?

omg lykke li.. totally forgot about her! shouldnt she be workin on new material soon? her album seems like it was out a long time ago..

i don't think the women looks anything like Lykke Li unfortunetely

I'm starting to think it's someone totally new... and I definitely don't think it's Gaga, Lykke Li, MGMT, or Christina. The big names that make the most sense to me right now are Nine Inch Nails and Little Boots.

I just have that underskin feeling that it might be her. I mean who said that the girl in the videos is actually the artist. It could be a man for all we know!
But the whole thing gives me that eerie and mysterious vibe that I always receive when I listen to Bjork.
She's deliciously weird :lol:

I'm starting to think it's someone totally new... and I definitely don't think it's Gaga, Lykke Li, MGMT, or Christina. The big names that make the most sense to me right now are Nine Inch Nails and Little Boots.

you know, I showed my BF the vids and he suggested A Perfect Circle... telling me they are to make a comeback soon, too.

I am DYING to know who it is!!!:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->