Who is your favorite shoe designer and why?

It's funny that so many mentions Louboutin,because I totally agree.
I'm also partial to dior :heart: :heart: :heart:

I have to say Manolo. I like things that are classic and I enjoy the fact that he doesn't take a lot of risks. If I want something funky, I buy another brand, but Manolo is a staple.

louboutins <333 dior makes RAELLY preppy girly and sexxy ones too i am totally in love with dior shoes, everytime therees a new collection their shoes catches my attnetion. Gina Londons makes AUWSOME shoes too the crystal diamnantes are so fancy and sparkly and their shoe boxes and dustbag are lust! satin<3 giuseppe zanotti are LOVELY too <3 damn i love shoes! Dolce and Gabbana makes really posh ones too! their signuature gold sign at the bottom and thinthin heels are to die for!

I like Chanel, they usually have a very elegant heel and they're not too high or crazy.

Louboutin, Roger Vivier, McQueen, Gucci and Rene Caovilla... Chloe... :rolleyes:

Actually there still many more... I just can't recall. Those are the makers of the most sexiest shoes exist... :heart:
I used to be a big fan of blahnik but not anymore since i think their shoes are better in the past..
and I used to love choo... but those days are gone... ::cry::

Last edited by a moderator:
the one and only rene caovila because he is a master and as a shoe designer thats who inspires me, not so much designs but what he has been able to realise in his designs. then there are the old master cobblers like ferragamo, vivier, perugia. there are more but for me those are the ones that made me want to do what i do. but this is always hard choices and subjective because for me the answers are far more technical rather than visual.

For flats, I loooove just about every pair Chloe and Marc Jacobs make. I'd have to agree that Christian Louboutin makes the best heels, they are always very daring and I think they've got a certain sexiness to them.

I KNOW that everyone on here is gonna throw themselves around about this, but I really like Dsquared shoes. The shape looks cute, and I like girls feet to look cute and curvy not like a sharp knive that is gonna slice someones Achiles (sp?) tendon.
1733-150235-p.jpg
985-186684-p.jpg

Christian Louboutin
Roger Vivier
Pierre Hardy
Chloé
Chanel
Lanvin

My favourite right now is Olivia Morris. I just love her designs - quirky and elegant. lovely!
Louboutins are very sexy. I'm also coveting a pair of Lulu Guinness boots at the moment too.

Helmut Lang. Classic shoes with a twist (gold, metal, colors, fabric...) and superior craftsmanshift.

Christian Louboutin, Gucci, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo and Chloe, in that order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cristian Louboutin all the way, that sole is just...:woot: my favourites are the yoyo zeppa magenta or peacock suede....now all i need is $1500:shock: :blink:

Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu and Marni (my 3 big M's) for wearability and consistency.

However, the shoe designer I most admire is Georgina Goodman, the British shoe designer. She uses such unique materials and there's a real sense of craftsmanship in her shoes, definitely made with love. There's a quirky way about her shoes too which appeals to me. Also, the heels are not those spindly stilettos which I personally dislike - either stacked, or cone shaped.

Some of my faves from her Autumn/Winter 2005 collection:

image_thumb.php

image_thumb.php

image_thumb.php

These indoor flats come in a variety of colour combos - all very lovely!

image_thumb.php

image_thumb.php

image_thumb.php

image_thumb.php

image_thumb.php

All pics from georginagoodman.com/shop

I always loved Tom Ford, for YSL and Gucci.

I especially loved Marc Jacob's Cleo/Pompeii wedges for Louis Vuitton.

And Galliano is always fun!

K
xx

I love Manolos but since my lifestyle no longer allows for wearing them as much as I would like to, I have taken to wearing alot of flats from tods. I also have found Michael Kors (not KORS) shoes to be very comfortable and affordable.

Although it may not be popular, FABIO ZAMBERNARDI (Prada) has influenced the look of shoes for well over a decade. His attention to detail, cut, color and material is impressive. PIERRE HARDY is noteworthy for his innovative shapes and LOUBOUTIN for his feminine detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->