Who really innovates in fashion now?

i'm going to say that innovation is different now than it has been in the past...
and technology is part of that...

not just in terms of actual garment design...
but also in terms of how a brand reaches the public and promotes itself nowadays...

*i have to also point out that certain luxury designers that i wear are still regularly coming up with unique ways of designing, cutting and constructing a garment...
in fact...
it is one of the major reasons that i purchase their designs over some mass market brands...
**also-
they look really good on and are really comfortable to wear...
:P

Really? I can't notice major differences between fashion designs from the Ancient Egypt (5,000 years ago) to those designed few years ago by the likes of Yohji Yamamoto. :blink:

I reckon fashion labels nowadays are still using most of the same marketing/brand management basic principles used to reach people and promote brands back in the 1930's.

Really? I can't notice major differences between fashiondesigns from the Ancient Egypt (5,000 years ago) to those designed few years ago by the likes of Yohji Yamamoto. :blink:

that would be hard to know for sure...
can't say i've had the opportunity to closely inspect any ancient egyptian fashions lately...
:lol:

There is SO much innovation out there, but it's far too subtle for our attention spans to lock on to.
You find it mostly in the textile industry, but since it's not wrapped in a bow with a huge marketing campaign and heralded by celebrities, it goes largely unnoticed. No, designers aren't rocking the world with "New Look"s every season, but look at the manufacturing process...the textiles..... Issey Miyake's APOC, and the newer 132 5. line are INCREDIBLE feats of production and innovation. And it goes largely unnoticed. Such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->