why do you like/ hate marc jacobs?

I really cant hold it against him. I would if he made this public but I think its completly normal to be talking to a freind about it in a gym. I overhear peoples conversations too when I'm at the gym.

i agree guessgirl, but i never condone trash talking, what is wrong with admiratin these days :(

do you think MJ will become this generations Ralph Lauren?
Do you think his distribution will end up going that way as his popularity increases with the masses?
Not to that height but i believe he will have a ton of lines just like him. And every time you see a marc by marc ad it always has an extra 10 locations that he has opened up. Pretty soon it won't be room on the page.

I think he's alright. I just like how clean and simple his designs are. There's something about his ads that I really like. It isn't the "in your face" type of ads.

I love Marc Jacobs because he always makes such an incredibly strong statement...well, since FW 06, in my opinion. Even though SS 06 was a real show, with the marching band and the confetti at the end, I don't feel like the clothes were strong enough of their own.

But with FW 06, it was such an incredible experience...the abstract metropolitan set, the stunning "Heroes" by Philip Glass soundtrack, the grungy clothes, it was such a genius mixture of ideas and it was executed in such a powerful way. It's a really emotional and poignant show.

Since FW 06, I think he's become a much stronger designer who is not afraid to take risks. I love that he uses classical music for his soundtracks, I love that he uses elaborate sets, I also love that his inspirations always tend to be wide ranging and vague...I don't know...I guess I always feel very emotionally connected to his collections. FW 06 felt heroic and it was very touching, SS 07 was incredibly peaceful and kind, FW 07 felt melancholy and there was a real sense of longing, SS 08 was humorous and quirky and bizarre, FW 08 felt serene and new, SS 09 felt optimistic and America Obama-style.

I don't love, however, his tabloid behavior...

I love Marc Jacobs because of his whole "reverse-snobbery" thing, taking a garment that's incredibly well made and luxurious, dousing it with bleach and wearing it like a t-shirt, or taking flannel and making an evening gown out of it. I love that, even though he seems to be incredibly passionate about fashion and incredibly focused in his approach to design, he doesn't take any of it too seriously.

And I like how candid he is. Even though I feel like I've read 2 dozen articles about his makeover and new approach to life, I still like the fact that he's honest about it all.

I hate that, post makeover, he's lost a bit of his nerdy, self-effacing charm. If we could have that same so-cool-he-doesn't-even-realize-it-and-probably-never-will personality in the new and improved body, that would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->