Why do you like/hate John Galliano?

Like him because he has the potential
Hate him because he doesnt always use it
:rolleyes:

I like John Galliano because I think the clothes he makes are beautifully artistic. I hate him because at times his works are really bad.

I always like the makeup done at Galliano *o* Always so interesting and theatrical

agreed Gius. I looove the makeup he has on the shows. It just..adds something. Like you're watching a play instead of a fashion show.

i saw a gorgeous white dress he did i fell in love with it straight away. he does some beautiful peices

gius said:
I always like the makeup done at Galliano *o* Always so interesting and theatrical

I think on the runway a lot of his models look like drag queens-

but i still like some of the clothes he produces

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all!!:wink:
i'm currently doing portraits at school & i have chosen to do John Galliano even though i'm not quite sure if i made the right choice and sorta struggling because there's not much about him on the internet so i'm just posting my queries on here. ~
here are my questions about John: -
- what makes something John Galliano?? like any symbols or objects?
- what is he like?? has anyone met him b4???
- any interesting facts that you can tell me???

i appriciate it!!
thankz:flower:

oh.... 1 more thing!! does any1 hav any pic & information about "the ludic game", his first collection???

I LOVE him. And here's why.

In today's world of fashion, there are SO many...I don't want to say boring...but...just plain wearable designers. There are lots of Chloes', Stella McCartneys', Marc Jacobs', Donna Karans', Cavallis', Vera Wangs', and Proenza Schoulers'. They all make beautiful clothes, but there are times when I can't differentiate between all these designers. BUT, I NEVER fail to recognize Galliano, whether it be at his own line or at Dior.

At times, fashion can be pretty boring. And I really appreciate Galliano's theatrics and just plain craziness. He's what makes fashion fun for me. Really, he's the ONLY designer to who would have the balls to send the stuff he does down the runway. Sure, many times its tacky, trashy and crass, but to me that's besides the point. What's the most important is that he has fun and, I, as the viewer, have just as much fun watching his theatrics.

He's the designer that drew me into this vast world of fashion. The first fashion show I ever saw was his Dior couture show for FW 04 (Austrian Empress) and I was hooked. Every season, the first shows I'll ever look at are Dior/ couture and his own line.

BTW- I love his shows in general, ie, the make up, the hair, and ESPECIALLY the music!

Like him cauz He has used Asia, Egypt,The Matrix and prehistoric times as inspiration for entire haute couture collections.

dont like him as he's
reflecting his personal life as a gay man, especially his love of costume and dressing up.

Tell me evertything is dandy and Fine, you`re not friend of mine...

JamieCD said:
dont like him as he's reflecting his personal life as a gay man, especially his love of costume and dressing up.

So do you think he should hide some things?
I dont think so!!!!!!

I love him becuase there is, was, and will ever be only ONE John Galliano. he is truely one-of-a-kind. (good thing I don't think the world could handle another!) :P

I hate him for being such a logo/label wh*re.

Yes. A very feminine man. So feminine it's almost unbelieveable. :lol:

What can I say? His mustache is sexy. :P

I love his fashion... it's theatrical to me... and I find it unique and amusing!

Love him because of his uniqueness and creativity
hate him because there's nothing in his wearable stuff except monograms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->