why does this happen?

james

Reaction score
I've got a problem: every time I buy a pair of trousers/jeans, after I wear them for one day, they will get baggy.especially from the legs, but also from my hips, and I need to wear a belt.I understand that trousers get a bit more looser when you wear them, but this is too much. I'm getting really fed buying pants which look and fit badly after the first time I wear them. it's not with a certain label, it's with every label I've tried within the past year.

why does this happen?

I know the feeling :yuk:
I've found that buying "rigid" rather than "stretch" helps. Also, check the fabric content before you buy. And if all else fails - really suck it in while in the dressing room; they'll be tight, but wear them for a day and they'll fit like a glove :flower:

BTW: I've noticed some brands just stretch out more than others. Case in point: 7 Jeans :rolleyes:

ooh :doh: I have this problem as well and the worst part is that it doesn't really seem to discriminate according to how much you pay for them. as hipkitten said, I avoid buying jeans with stretch in them, and this has helped some. also if you must have stretch, buying down a size apparently is supposed to help, but I would think it involves 'breaking them in' a little more before you wear them out in public.

Literally buy the smallest pair of jeans you can fit into, if the zip does up - its fine. Within a few wears it will loosen and fit perfectly. As Utopia was getting to, jeans usually stretch one full size. Hope this helps...

Most materials are going to stretch when they are broken in, You can do like the people used to do back in the day, buy a pair of jeans and sit in the tub with them to make them shrink to fit.
I've found that washing them always makes them smaller again.

I have this problem as well

:( And Im like a size 26 W, and is really hard to find anything smaller, than that.

I usually wash my jeans on 90 degrees, and then in the tumble dryer, that helps a bit :P

When my jeans do that.. sometimes i throw them in the dryer.. and they're back to normal. :lol:

yeah me too. I put mine in the dryer, turn it up high so it gets really hot, and bring them out-in my size!!

I don't have a dryer, and my jeans don't have stretch in them...last jeans I bought were REALLY small and tight, but it happened to them too...I'm scared to buy another pair!

I use the dryer trick as well :P However, for me at least, it only lasts for a bit before they get loose again :doh:

Luna said:
When my jeans do that.. sometimes i throw them in the dryer.. and they're back to normal. :lol:
Me too.

I had these Guess jeans that would get soo loose then after I washed them they were like leggings, so I had to wear them in the house for a couple of hours to get them to look right...

so, what can I do?it's really weird that every (and I mean every) pair of jeans I've bought during the last year have done the same trick...and since I don't have a dryer, what can I do? do I have to start wearing only knickers or just wear skirts all the time?:P

Buy them a size smaller!
I guess even if you can't do them up - wear them around the house until they stretch (which they all do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irere
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->