20 favourite pieces: What and Why?

What a cool thread! I love seeing what other people have in their wardrobes.
Apparantly you can only include 15 images in a post....

Bottoms...

My navy/white stripe pencil skirt. It looks shapeless, but it fits perfectly and and looks casual but funky and carries off an outfit with simple top/shoes/accessories.

clothes1dv3.jpg

My white, cropped jeans. They're skinny but as they're jeans they're obviously thicker...I can't carry off leggings! Perfect for summer evenings.

clothes2my2.jpg

My indigo bootcut jeans from Marks and Spencer. I have Britney-type legs so cant carry off skinny jeans unfortunately. But these are so flattering and slimming. However, the dye constantly stains my legs and I've tried everything to stop it happening. The lady who does my waxing thought I was losing circulation

clothes7ox8.jpg

Tops....

Red v-neck wrap top. I have this in white too. Flattering, dressy and simple.

clothes20pt4.jpg

Red rose tunic thing. Not really long enough to be a dress unfortunately, unless I was very brave! But its a gorgeous colour and I always get loads of compliments on it.

clothes17kc0.jpg

Electric blue pattern and beaded top. Looks a bit iffy, but the shape and the colour just pop! I love it.

clothes19ve5.jpg

My roxy rash vest. For the part of me that thinks she can surf

clothes14pl0.jpg

Cardi/shirts...

My coral oasis cardigan. I just adore the colour.

clothes8jh2.jpg

My loose white sheer shirt from Primark. Cost me about £4 but it's so great in the summer for wearing loose over a cami or swimming costume.

clothes9do0.jpg

Dresses....

My black and white wrap dress from H+M. There is so much material in the skirt that it just swishes. I love it. Perfect for all kinds of parties as it can be sexy or wear a little cami underneath and can wear it to family do's. And it covers a multitude of sins.

clothes10ve3.jpg

Brown satin fitted pencil dress. This is the perfect shape for my body. It's very dressy so saved for special occasions, but superb! Wish I could find one in black and a day-time material.

clothes15zf5.jpg

Bags....

My white accessorize and black coach bags. Both are so functional and I use them constantly.

clothes56ni0.jpg

My red Oasis bag. I dont use it much as I forget I have it, but the colour is lovely.
clothes16bo7.jpg

Shoes....

Black pointed flats. I wear these so often. It dresses up a jeans and t-shirt outfit and I can walk in them.

clothes3lu0.jpg

Jewellery....

My gold chain necklace that my dad bought me a few years ago. Simple and classic.

clothes18cm7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
struggeling so much with only 20 items

my biker boots .. can add that certain something to any outfit can make even the girliest of dresses rock chic .. and so confy as well and best of all were free cos i work in shoe shop

my 14 hole steel toe dm's .. so veritile, can look fab with girly dresses, comfy and so practicle in british weather

my purple snakeskin heals .. look vintage, were free cos i work in shoe shop which is even better, they are so comfy and classicly chic as well .. they make me feel so glam, confident and like a proper lady

black skinny jeans.. they are such a simple basic, so plain and simple

purple skinny trousers .. they are so soft and comfy, and such a gorgeous shade of purple, plus ive never seen anyone with anything remotely like this ever

my parka .. so many memories, all beat up and soft, with badges and patches on it, goes with anything, waterproof and practical and massive i lvoe it

my black grandad long baggy cardi .. i literally live in this thing.. im proper nesh always cold so i need to layer up

my black beret, my grey beret, brown/cream/black/purple/violet oversized knitted hatsand my mustard knitted berret, my hat with the super long ear flaps like a scarf each side of my head.. perfect for wraping up in ( i couldnt just pick one) i have avast hat collection i wear one almost daily i love them .. keep me snug

my grey checkered skirt .. made out of the softest flannel ever and i love it .. i feel so grungey in it

my high waist 70's style flares .. they are slightly different from normal ones i get complemented on them were ever i go .. they fit my leg length (1st pair of jeans that ever did this cos im a short **** :()

My brown leather bomber jacket .. total bargin, fits perfectly, great cut, so nice and soft and it still ahs the leather smell i love it :heart:

My red checkered dress .. it has brown/purple striped checks on it.. and pockets.. kinda baggy looks fab clnched in .. always get compliments on it

My vintage 1920's clinch belt .. made out of metal zigzag curves layered up to look almost like scales witha big ornate buckle clasp .. i et stopped in street all the time when i wear this belt .. i love it :heart:

my oversized mustard yellow granny bag .. like the 1960's style bags with the zip pockets going down.. hand hold big a4 bag.. softest leather ever and can fit everything in it

my corseted high waist jeans .. dont wear them very often but when i do i feel so confident .. i have people all ngiht telling me how great my bum looks lol .. these are my pulling pants hehe

my 1970's style smock pinifore dress with brown/mustard and orange floral pattern on it .. soudns foul but its so nice and hides my belly for fat days

my tights .. i have every colour imaginable and i love wooly ones .. i espesially love my grey ribbed heavy knit wooly ones

my polka dot ruffled blouse that buttons up the back .. ok so i know polka dots are way out but i feel so kinda gothic lolita in this i love it .. makes me feel like a little girl hehe

my vast scarf collection .... i always wear a scarf on my bag/hair/neck somewere on .. i espesially lvoe my maxi scarf which reaches floor if u dont wrap it around

my black high waist hot pants .. i live in these things with tights and a cardi nothings comfyer .. i wear this alot to go into town

i wana go on but ive hit 20 now :(

I doubt I'll reach twenty pieces, because my wardrobe is rather small. But I love every piece that I own!
Let's see...

In no particular order..

Late 60's Nina Ricci 3/4 sleeve blouse.
Bought at Finnish flea market for 1,40 euros.
rayli0192-1.jpg

Repetto black leather flats.
repetto0051.jpg

Kookai black wool coat with silk details and french pockets.
kookaicoat002-1.jpg

A.P.C. Chambray summer dress
rayli30281-1.jpg

American Apparel tri-blend raglan pullover
See by Chloé chambray skirt
rayli5005111.jpg

Converse red low-tops
tyger001-1.jpg

Johnstons of Elgin black cashmere cardigan with big gold buttons
vetekatten21stfeb01011.jpg

Other pieces not pictured...

-Superfine liberty jeans in black
-Isabel Marant ecru-white grandpa sweater
-Burgundy red scarf bought in Paris
-two smaller vintage Chanel bags

Glad to see this thread being bumped. ^_^ :flower:

katebug, great pieces I especially like your neutral and soft colored stuff..
snow, that sounds great, I'd wish there was pics though :P
Adorable, just adorable. I love the colors stellamare :wub:

20 is far to little...

1. My fathers Lacrosse Legionaries Champ Ring 1971 :smile:
2. 2 Long Dress/Tunics (Green and Gray) along with a fabulous one I found with a womans face projected on it :smile:
3. My grandmas Portuguese gold drop earrings.
4. My Red Marc Jacobs Mary Janes with a blue heel and pink stitching. Beautiful:heart:
5. Marc Jacobs Moss Green Ursula Hobo.
6. Red Fendi cat eye glasses.
7. Old Navy Dark Zip leg Skinny's (favorite jeans compared to all my designer ones!)
8. Cream Knitted Hat
9. My Dior Shoulder Strap Saddle bag (I wish I wore it more)
10. 4 Silver rings I wear all together, One given to me by my mother, One I made, One given to me, and one purchase.
11. This fabulous necklace I purchased at F21, Its black ribbon with 8 Silver Gems all different sizes. also a painted pure white metal chain necklace similar to those in the 07 s/s Chloe adds, its wonderful.
12. Black Skinny Jeans/Blue Skinnys/ and Red. Loooove colored denim.
13. My Cropped true religion cord jacket, Its so weird I just seem to wear it with everything!
14. Deep Plum Opaque Tights, any tights for that matter!
15. Oh Deer Ankle Boots. The heel on them is amazing and so structured.
16. My Waist High Black Slacks, Just make me feel so edgy and fresh.
17. DVF Black and White striped dress, Its just so fabulous I havent had a chance to wear it, I just wear it around the house to feel glorious.
18. My sunglass collection, Wayfar's, Avadiors, Burberry Nova Check, Miu Miu etc.
19. My scarves, each better than the next but all so fabulous, usually the perfect touch.
20. My grey zip-up hoodie, My grunge love... I love it so much I probably wear it too much! :heart:

Just 9 for now...

What: Leather jackets; why: they're damn cool.
Nov16-003.jpg

What: my bag; Why: it gets more beautiful each time I look at it.
Nov16-005.jpg

What: grey jeans; Why: bluejeans just don't come close.
Nov16-008.jpg

What: my bee ring; Why: It's so sweet to me. I'd die if I lost it.
Nov16-011.jpg

What: My DV blush pumps; Why: I didn't expect to like them, but they're so comfy and cool.
Nov16-009.jpg

What: My pinkish blazer; Why: It's just kind of unexpected and ...colorful.
Nov16-002.jpg

What: My red pashima; why: The color is so vibrant in real life, and it enhances my coloring.
Nov16-010.jpg

i. What: My olive coat; Why: It's cut cool. And was cheap.
ii. What: My grey dresses; Why: because whoever said black goes with everything was a 'tard.
Nov16-007.jpg
Nov16-006.jpg

Great thread! :heart:

That was kind of hard, but I had a lot of fun browsing through my stuff (well, actually photos of my stuff, because I have a photo of every piece of my wardrobe on my computer :D).

So these are my 20 favourite pieces of the moment, some older long-time favourites, some new(er) things, that may be thrown out of the favourite list sooner or later.

I'll write two post because of the picture number limitation, I hope that's ok.

1&2

What:
Stella McCartney for H&M suit
Why: Because it's timeless, fits great and I can create a lot of outfits with those two pieces. I love the smoking collar of the jacket and the loose and cool fit of the trousers.

p1010652za7.jpg

p1010902cs6.jpg

What: Pencil skirt
Why: It's feminine, elegant, and suits my hourglassy figure

p1010907ez0.jpg

What: Flare jeans
Why: I wanted one for so long, I think they look great if you keep the silhouette narrow on the upper body. The colour is a bit off on this picture, it's actually a deep, dark blue

p1020253dq5.jpg

What: Knit dress
Why: I'm totally in love with knit dresses for the winter, and this one is very soft and figure-hugging.

p1020140lo1.jpg

What: Trenchcoat
Why: It's a classic, but this one has a bubbley skirt, which I adore (the picture doesn't do it justice). Love it with a skirt/dress underneath, which is shorter than the coat + opaque tights.

p1020127lo1.jpg

What: Casual coat
Why: It's cut like a parka and very warm. And new! :D

p1020293vs2.jpg

What: Shawl collared sweater
Why: The collar is very big and soft. It's just a little bit more than an ordinary sweater.

p1010867io3.jpg

What: The perfect top
Why: It's just a top, but with a nice detail on the upper back, the perfect length and a gatherings on the sides.

p1010870sl4.jpg

What: Oversized cardigan
Why: I love the loose fit and how long it is.

p1020289zt9.jpg

What: Morrissey t-shirt
Why: Because. :crush:

p1010753xp8.jpg

What: White shirt
Why: Has nice details and a very soft texture.

p1010874de9.jpg

What: Oversized blouse with bow detail
Why: Looks great with skinny trousers.

What: Colourful scarf
Why: Because I need more colour in my wardrobe. Something I realized not too long a go.

p1010840sg2.jpg

What: Owl necklace
Why: My boyfriend gave it to me, and I don't only like it because of that. :wink:

p1020188eu2.jpg

What: Brown flat boots
Why: Love the colour, the fact that they're only half calve length and they're comfortable as hell.

p1010624zv6.jpg

What: Two coloured pumps
Why: Very feminine. I like the shape and the blue.

p1010633rf6.jpg

What: Heeled lace-ups
Why: So now and classic at the same time!

p1020295mm3.jpg

19&20

What: My two favourite bags
Why: I don't know, actually! I even have no idea why they're both brown - they're just the ones I use most regulary.

p1010858an4.jpg

p1010863ig7.jpg

sandralette...
can i ask who makes that parka...it's great!

This is an excellent thread, Beautiful Stranger!!

1. Vince Jacket - My all time favourite leather jacket in black. Found this on eBay after seeing in LA in 2005
ImageHandler.ashx

2. Brown flat boots - can't find a pic for this, but its my I can't be bothered to wear heels shoes. And it goes with favourite jeans

3. Habitual black skinnies

4. Paul & Joe Sister Funnel Neck coat - okay i bought this on monday but it is a gorgeous coat and i love it
ImageHandler.ashx

5. Lanvin ballet flats from 2001 collection - found these in jakarta lanvin boutique.
ImageHandler.ashx

6. True Religion Joey Jeans - Not sure why but during the weekends this is the jeans i wear all the time

7. Favourite bag 1 - Balenciaga City
ImageHandler.ashx

8. Favourite Bag 2 - Hermes Massai
DSC00147.JPG

9. Vests from Topshop - I think I have 3 in grey, white and black.

10. Marni brown flats - They are the cutest
ImageHandler.ashx

11. Vanessa Bruno grey dress - I live in this dress during summer
vanessa%20bruno.jpg

12. Mayle Top - I bought this in Singapore and its one of my staples during summer. I still can't figure out how to wear it in autumn/winter though...
mayle.jpg

13. Favourite scarf - gift from an aunt
scarf.jpg

14. Sweaters with a deep v-neck - They make me look taller

15. Maryjanes from topshop

16. Favourite bag 3 - Vintage chanel bag

17. Long sleeve tees from Gap - They are loose and comfy and great for layering.

18. Jersey turtlenecks from H&M - Cheap and great for layering.

19. Cardigans - These are an easy choice when i cannot be bothered to plan what to wear.
ImageHandler.ashx

20. A necklace from my mom with a diamond solitare

Phew that was tough! I found it really difficult to select my 20 favourite things. But I did noticed, these are the items in my closet that i wear the most of.

^ I love it too.
So many people here on TFS find such good H&M pieces...
I never seem to have the luck.

Great thread!

1. Blue dark wash jeans from the Gap.
2. Really really black jeans from Calvin Klein
3. Red cordies I found in Exile in Downtown Toronto. I used it as a part of my costume as "The Flaming Carrot!"
4. White golf shirt from the Gap.
5. Purple shirt from American Apparel.
6. Red sweater from American Apparel.
7. Brown loafers from Aldo.
8. Gold pendant. One of those jewellery pieces that are almost "bling" but are not, thank God.
9. Light brown trench from The Gap.
10. Red scarf a friend gave me.
11. Blazer that I probably bought in LA.
12. Faded blue fedora hat. My trademark. How could I have forgotten!
13. Blue argyle-patterned vest.
14. Gray and yellow American Apparel hoodie with no sleeves.
15. Black wool coat.
16. Blue shirt from my friend's band "Treestar."
17. Black fabric Aldo shoes that have thin white stripes on it.
18. Air Force Ones. I wear them to make a formal outfit steer into casual.
19. Gold and something Citizen watch.
20. All my sunglasses, RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, this is going to be hard. I have so much stuff I love. And you'll quickly find I am a jacket-sl*t. :P

In no particular order:

1. A rich plum vintage double-breasted blazer, with matching buttons with a brass fleur-de-lis on each.

2. A plain black vintage double-breasted blazer. Probably the most used item in my wardrobe.

3. Grey longsleeve button down. Darker than in this photo.

4. A black silk tie, with diagonal gunmetal grey stripes, and a thin silver stripe on both sides of each grey stripe (really, I have the most ridiculous collection of ties, well over 100, but this one's gotta be my favorite).

(here is 2 and 3 and 4 )

suitness2.jpg

5. Black leather combat boots from the 1950's.

6. Dark red with black pinstripe longsleeve button down from Express men.

7. Vintage jacket. Love this thing. I often pin up the collar. Not a good representation -- it fits better than this, an it's grey, not brown. And I pin it better than that, I was just showing how it looks. :P
jacketpic.jpg

jacketpic1.jpg

8. Longsleeve white button down. I also like pinning the collar occasionally.

silly2.jpg

9. Burgundy velvet jacket with dark brushed buttons on the chest and sleeve cuffs. Yes, all those other clothes are mine, too. It was a glam-rock party, what can I say.

familyphoto.jpg

10. Grey men's suit vest. I typically just wear it as a shirt.

11. Black pleather pants. Unisex. Hot stuff.

12. Knee high leather boots, with a heel.

13. Black and dark grey striped pants (thick stripes), very skinny leg.

14. Super thick black vintage suspenders.

15. Dark red velvet pants.

16. Red blazer (okay, I got makeup on it that night, I was washing it out!)

17. Nicely fitted black button down shirt from Express men.

redtime.jpg

18. Five inch black heels. Classics.

19. Basic black dress. Everyone needs one (and not just us girls. B) )
drop1.jpg

drop2.jpg

20. My Depeche Mode tour t-shirt. Because I said. :winkiss:

Thank you! I'm quite the jacket wh*re. I think I have more jackets than shirts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->