Woods & Woods by Jonathon Seow

cerfas

Reaction score
Multi-awarded designer Jonathan Seow launched Woods & Woods in January 2000, yet even before that, the 27-year old Singaporean (born 1977) had been internationally recognized as a rising star in fashion.

A graduate of Raffles LaSalle Institute (1996), he won first prize in the Smirnoff International Fashion Awards contest in 1995, while he was still a student. His graduation collection was showcased in Singapore Fashion Week under School Connexions.

Not sitting on his laurels, Jonathan Seow continued to garner recognition on his works, winning first prize in two design contests in 1997, Singapore Fashion Designers Awards and Asian Fashion Designers Award. He was also awarded a scholarship by LaSalle Montreal, Canada, where he graduated with a BA Fashion Design in 1997.

Returning to his native Singapore, the young designer launched Woods & Woods in January 2000, opening his first showroom and retail outlet within 6 months. The label made its runway debut during Singapore Fashion Week during Spring/Summer 2001 season.

Going international, Jonathan Seow presented his Fall/Winter 2003 collection in Melbourne during Mercedes Australian Fashion Week. When his collections hit retail shelves, the young designer received another award, the Swarovski Designer of the Year 2003 (menswear & womenswear) during the 2003 Singapore Fashion Awards. He debuted in Paris via a presentation at Who’s Next Show/FAME last September 2003. And finally, debuted on the Paris runway on the official Menswear calendar last July 4, 2004 at Hotel Clarion St. James & Albany.
www.fashionwindows.com

Stills from WOODS & WOODS video for the Singapore Fashion Week 2004.
Produced by Jonathan Seow (Woods & Woods), Videography by Mark Lim
Created & Directed by 2MD
ww5.jpg

ww6.jpg

ww7.jpg

www.2manydesigners.net

OK, I promise I will find the credits for the following images soon :>
Too good. Had to post them.

Sorry if we already had a thread on him/this label...I searched extensively, found nothing

woodswoods046it.jpg

woodswoods018tr.jpg

woodswoods032df.jpg

woodswoods022ne.jpg

00057.L.JPG

00054.L.JPG

00038.L.JPG

Some of what I see sparks my attention, hope he will live up to the predictions of his success

00074.L.JPG

00080.L.JPG

00086.L.JPG

My first time seeing this. Having really ambivalent feelings so far.

All in all, ss05 has its strong points...and it has its very weak points.
He seems to be good with detail: but a very specific kind of detail. A subtle, surface, almost flat detail. Like on the black leather jacket. I need more time to think about it. I don't love it, but it's still interesting. However in this collection, I'm missing the playfulness and fairy tale aspect.

My favorite look is the one with the jeans with the buttons down the sides.

cerfas said:
All in all, ss05 has its strong points...and it has its very weak points.
He seems to be good with detail: but a very specific kind of detail. A subtle, surface, almost flat detail. Like on the black leather jacket. I need more time to think about it. I don't love it, but it's still interesting. However in this collection, I'm missing the playfulness and fairy tale aspect.

My favorite look is the one with the jeans with the buttons down the sides.

oh. the one i posted is SS 06. anyway would love the check his store out and maybe i will do it later or something.

i need to check out his skinny jeans or pants.

and btw he's from the same country as i am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->