Would you stop working? If so, when?

I know personally, I wouldn't be with a woman if she didn't have the pride to do something proactive with her life.

You know, I'm constantly baffled by the way people think you need a house in the suburbs or in the countryside when you have children... Kids can live in the city and turn out just as well or better than their country cousins.

tott, we're not some narrow-minded couple that thinks it's mandatory to move to the 'burbs and buy a house in order to raise a family :lol:

it was just our personal preference and current situation(economically-/financially-speaking). our closest friends are doing great and enjoying raising their babies/kids in the city & we're green w/ envy b/c they can afford to do so.

i was born & bred in manhattan attending nyc schools (from nursery! to college) and lived in a midtown apt all that time & i've turned out pretty ok (at least i think so:woot: ). so i didn't choose suburban life over urban b/c i said it was better for raising/educating kids, lifestyle, etc. it was preferential for our situation and provides us (not only the baby) with space that we need-i've already filled up 4 closets (let alone the basement) with my clothing, shoes and bags :shock: :cry: :innocent:

believe me, if we could have it our way, we'd be in the city right now.....tons easier for my husband to commute to work daily-15min instead of 1hr 45min:doh:

*maximus* said:
tott, we're not some narrow-minded couple that thinks it's mandatory to move to the 'burbs and buy a house in order to raise a family :lol:

I was speaking in general terms, I got the feeling you weren't...

And I did add a disclaimer, sort of. :lol: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"