Would You Wear These Boots?

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by Emily363, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Emily363

Emily363 New Member

I wear skirts and dresses almost every day. In the Fall and Winter I often times wear knee high boots with stilettoes. The other day at Bloomies I saw this pencil skirt. Later that day I went online and found the attached picture. Please DISREGARD the top she is wearing...it is hideous IMO. Would you wear a pencil skirt and these short boots together?

2. balacau

balacau New Member

Well I myself wouldnt wear them no, probably cos Im male :innocent:

But as far as what I think, I'd reckon a skirt such as that would go better with calf or knee length boots. I like the heel on those ankle boots, just not the fact they are ankle highs :blink:

3. Luna

Luna offline.

I really dislike chelsea boots or boots that only hit the ankle... I only buy them and wear them under pants/jeans.

I'd suggest a higher boot.

4. Artemis

Artemis New Member

umm...no, i'd wear higher boots, like luna said. :flower:

5. bluejeans

bluejeans New Member

those are called pixie boots right? whatever they're called they're hot. go for it!

6. hotpinky

hotpinky New Member

they look good if you have her legs.. ie very very thin with not much of a calf. otherwise i think they're horribly unflattering. if you can pull it off, go for it. but i think it'd be safer if you went with a knee high instead

7. prixi

prixi New Member

I agree with hotpinky.

8. CatherineQ

CatherineQ New Member

They look kind of like the boots Kate Moss wore for her most recent outing. She wore hers with cropped jeans, and I agree you have to have slim legs to pull them off. They're really cute.

9. eloes

eloes New Member

Exactly. She pulls them off very well because her legs are very long and very slim. Personally, I would never dream of wearing the combo because I don't have legs like hers. If you do, then go for it. If you don't...well, go ahead if you really like it, but it will not be flattering to your legs.

10. sPaRkLiN'dIaMoNd

sPaRkLiN'dIaMoNd New Member

i agree with hotpinky and eloes!

11. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I agree, if you have thin legs, you can look nice in boots like that, but if you have muscular or chubby legs, you will look dumpy, misproprotioned, and awkward.

I do not have slim, girly legs, but have very defined and bulky muscles, so I would look awful...like a drag queen, I think, not all chic and girly and elegant.

12. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Chelsea boots are soo tricky, I don't even know if they look good on that picture posted...probably with some printed tights and a dress, I don't know... :wacko: