WSJ Magazine June/July 2017 : Sofia Coppola by Steven Meisel

I love a cover that plays on perspectives and reflections and Meisel shooting it is unexpected (but pleasing). I hope the editorial is in this setting and not just studio portraits.

Miesel proves once and again that he can produce a Vogue Italia cover anywhere, Vogue Italia, however, has floundered since he stopped being the cover photographer.

Woah!! This is enchanting, dare I say the best cover I've seen this year. I'm not personally a fan of Sofia, but she looks tremendous here.

This is great. Poor VI! They seem to be lost without him.

This Fall, Dress Like a Force of Nature
Model: Saskia de Brauw
Photographer: Annemarieke van Drimmelen
Styling: Melanie Ward

wsj

I am absolutely blown away here. So nice to see Meisel at work again. Just...WOW.

GLAMOUR! No one does Glamour like Meisel...Meisel IS GLAMOUR!
That picture of her in the decorated mirror is just fabulous!
Love! Love! Love!

Oh my god. Stunning!!!! I keep looking at those pictures. They've made magic together.

This is easily more inspired than his entire last year at VI rolled together. It's very pretty and Sofia looks fantastic.

GLAMOUR! No one does Glamour like Meisel...Meisel IS GLAMOUR!
That picture of her in the decorated mirror is just fabulous!
Love! Love! Love!
Completely agree. Meisel IS GLAMOUR. He captures so perfectly that very special, and very rare inherent glamour and inherent sophistication of certain individuals such as Sofia. Where so many other photographers try to capture this mood, they never are able to do it with the restraint or understanding necessary to really give you that truly monied look.

Sofia is always a welcome subject within the fashion world for me. She is a classy woman who keeps her cards held close...you never seem to leave with any impression that you're getting the full story with her...her mystery and her aloofness are some of her best assets - and what make her so much more appealing than most cover subjects these days who over expose themselves on social media, public appearances, magazine editorials, campaign contracts and red carpet circuits nearly every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->