Louis Vuitton
Marc Jacobs
MiuMiu
Stella McCartney
Vera Wang
Versace
Viktor & Rolf

Stella McCartney....?:huh:

Thanks for the list, I must admit I'm slightly surprised.

I am very glad to see Miu Miu and Dries on the list but Giles? Vera Wang? Viktor and Rolf? No thanks.

Alexander McQueen
00070m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...524&designer=design_house43&trend=&iphoto=6')
Poetic perfection. Edwardian tailoring and glamorous gowns worked with incredible artistry and lavished with intricate details.

Dries van Noten
00190m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...24&designer=design_house35&trend=&iphoto=18')

No fantasy trip this season at Dries Van Noten, who instead went for an haute sportif theme with subtly embellished workout gear.

Giles
00110m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...4&designer=design_house204&trend=&iphoto=10')

Punk goes chic. Giles Deacon's take on goth romance had cocktail confections studded with spikes and skeletons dancing on party frocks.

Louis Vuitton
00160m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...24&designer=design_house59&trend=&iphoto=15')

Marc Jacobs worked an eighteenth-century- modern street aesthetic in an exquisite mélange of graceful, enticing clothes.

Marc Jacobs
00100m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...524&designer=design_house57&trend=&iphoto=9')

Eccentric, girly, audacious—all delivered in a joyous pileup of layers and textures, from metallics and lace to jersey collages

Miu Miu
00110m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...24&designer=design_house64&trend=&iphoto=10')

Miuccia Prada's strong message—severe structure and a no-nonsense attitude—provided a much-needed dose of alternative chic of the salable sort.

Stella McCartney
00240m.jpg
javascript:popUpTallImage('/fashion...24&designer=design_house24&trend=&iphoto=23')

Stella's gone from cheeky to stylishly cool in an utterly delightful collection mixing Saville Row tailoring and ultra-easy pieces.

Vera Wang
00390m.jpg

Vera Wang rendered her artful aesthetic in a beautifully moody collection that balanced the bold with the delicate.

Versace
00520m.jpg

Polished refinement by day, space-vixen glam by night—Donatella Versace's winning combination was simply terrific.

Viktor & Rolf
00380m.jpg

You can always count on Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren to deliver everything from high chic to hyperbole—as well as beautiful clothes.

style.com

Alexander Mc Queen: Please no more...i can't stand more historic references, come on, he can do better! I really prefer mc queen when he goes a bit commercial.

Versace was amazing, and stella was breezy ease

Viktor & rolf, and miu miu, so unflattering! no woman wants to look like those shows.

And stop talking about marc jacobs and Louis Vuitton, it was awful!

no galliano?
No chalayan? C'mon!!!!!!!
thats why i dont like these kind of lists, as someone who is more deserving is always left off

I can't understand why Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton are always on those lists. It's quite remarkable Balenciaga is missing on this list.

But it's good to see Versace and Miu Miu on the list! Finally justice.^_^

definitely great to see versace, but i think the f/w collection was stronger than s/s...
also nice to see dries...

stella mccartney? give me a break...
i can name so many collections off the top of my head that were better...

zamb said:
no galliano?
No chalayan? C'mon!!!!!!!
thats why i dont like these kind of lists, as someone who is more deserving is always left off

That surprised me to.

I must agree, some of the choices are completely off. Shocked to see Versace on one of these lists, but in a good way. McQueen's a predictable choice, as are Jacobs and Vuitton (the latter of which I thought was terrible).

But V&R, Stella? Are they kidding?

I'm surprised Balenciaga was left off the list also.. would have replaced vera wang or Stella McCartney with Balenciaga. Balenciaga was such a strong collection IMO. I like LV, so I'm not complaining, it was beautiful this season, but I don't understand all the Marc Jacobs love.

Stella? Oh come on.

I still have mixed feelings on Giles. I thought last season was far better.

Marc Jacobs gets hype no matter what. I thought the collection was very weak.

I'd still love to see Rick Owens on one of these lists.

...I'm also a bit surprised/disappointed not to see Chalayan.

Last edited by a moderator:
From that list, I only loved Stella McCartney + Vera Wang. Meh oh well.

morgan38, I hear you about Marc.

ok not including balenciaga and putting stella ...whose clothes were just boring...this list has no credibility....i thought the chloe collection was 1000 times better seriouslyl

i think lots of fashion magazines are just biased to star power and hype...like the LV collection i thought was just ugly as hell....i mean even if marc jacobs sent out girls in vampire capes....editors would say omg...it was such a dark collection lol......they just see the name and not the collection.....

I can't believe Stella is on there. EW.

Also I am so happy Prada didn't make it. They ALWAYS do...even if its b ad.....and finally they got passed over

im not surprised balenciaga isnt on the list..i think this season was a bit over the top..the last couple seasons were great..but not this one =T

i think...other than marc jacobs(yes! i like this season..boo me) and alexander mcqueen show...maybe dries van noten and viktor & rolf because of their quirkiness...i dont understand why the other collections are on there

come on...skeletons dancing on party frocks?! and i thought the whole skeleton and spikes craze was finally over..dont ignite it again
and vera wang is always the same and so is galliano

im surprised YSL isnt on there...i thought it was a pretty well done collection

Last edited by a moderator:
kan-i-ta, is this the most clicked style.com list which was published at wwd few days back???

:unsure:

like Blance above, i'm also bored with the McQueen 'nostalgia' trip

faves from the list just Dries and V&R
(<i dont like the V&R 'example' posted above..>)

Giles was ok, but best? Same with Stella
Vera Wang???!!! Not the biggest vera fan here, but that collection was a big yawn
where is YSL??? That in my not so humble opinion was THE BEST collection (along with mcqueen but still)
Galliano also deserves to be on here, as with Chalayan and Marni
What is MiuMiu doing on there? I personally think Miuccia Prada went completely nuts this season. both her collections were extremely disappointing.
V&R's collection was the worst i've ever seen them do for awhile
Marc Jacobs wasn't bad, but also not best (although I'm fine with LV on the list)
Versace I liked, which is surprising, b/c i usually hate versace, but also not best
so out of the 10 they choose, I agree with a whopping 2 (mcqueen and dries)
either they're crazy or i am

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->