WWD Top 10 Collections: Spring 2010

GivenchyHomme

Reaction score
Alberta Ferretti- Alberta Ferretti went modern Edwardian with a collection that married romance and sophistication.

Balenciaga- Nicolas Ghesquiere returned to his adventurous roots, flaunting rock ’n’ roll bravado and edgy futurism.

Chanel- Karl Lagerfeld celebrated country life with wit, style and the chicest clogs ever to stomp rural grounds.

Donna Karan- Donna Karan spun urbane chic and artsy emotion into a mesmerizing collection.

Jason Wu- Jason Wu leaped forward with a polished lineup inspired by Tim Burton and artist Tara Donovan.

Marc Jacobs :sick: - It was Pierrot meets G.I. Joe meets geisha girl in Marc Jacobs’ audacious collection, full of frills, froth and fantas

Missoni :heart: - Angela Missoni channeled her house’s signature knits into a breathtaking haute-hippie affair.

Oscar De La Renta- Oscar de la Renta went elegant and eclectic with riffs on safari, the Seventies and Goya-era Spain.

Stella McCartney- Floral frocks and sleek tailoring—Stella McCartney worked two sides of chic to strong effect.

Versace! :heart: - Donatella Versace went archival sexy in a feisty, flashy collection with a nod to Tim Burton’s "Alice in Wonderland."

WWD.com

All I have to say is where in the world is Lanvin and Prada?

Im thrilled that both style.com and wwd.com agreed that Versace rocked this season!!!
it was truly my fav show

Prada didn't do much for me, besides those amazing boots. it doesn't deserve to be on here, either does Dior.....socks with transparent sandals? REALLY?!?!?? gag me with a spoon...

Chanel, for the scenery, the concept, and Balenciaga/Missoni were my favs. I'm a fashion junkie & i don't remember Lanvin being noticeable, it reminded me a bunch of his last collection. but yeah i just adored Chanel..and that details video? BLEW ME AWAY :heart::heart::heart:

^Dior was stuffy old crap as always, Prada was a massive let down and Stella was shambolic. Even though I usually hate everything MJ does, I actually didn't mind the collection. But where is Mcqueen!?!:angry:

^ seconded on McQueen...and I feel Miu Miu was better than Prada this season.

I almost never agree with any of the lists that come out. But the ones this time round even less so than usual.

I just find that quite a few of their picks were so uninspired and uninteresting. And yes, where is McQueen?

I think McQueen is being snubbed because the show was great, but was anyone moved by the actual clothing or was it just the spectacle that was so great?

I think McQueen is being snubbed because the show was great, but was anyone moved by the actual clothing or was it just the spectacle that was so great?

I've seen some positive buyer reports of the McQueen collection.

And personally, I want to see if much is changed in the translation to retail, but one of the printed dress is definitely on my want list for spring ^_^

And apart from a monetary perspective, the clothes were fantastic, whereas a lot of the WWD choices were just boring.

I agree with Balenciaga, but that's all.

ditto.

Versace would make my top 30 (ish) but many of the others would be like outside my top 100!

a spectacularly awful list from WWD.

I think it's spectacular awfulness reflects the fact that we have seen a sea-change in sartorial aesthetics for SS10. Meaning many commentators have been left trailing in the wake, their eye still stuck in the decade passed.

Roll on the Teens. A decade of profound change here we come.

That's what I've been thinking since the show debuted. Of course the clothes were beautiful and technically masterful, but at the end of the day 80%-85% of the collection shown on the runway, which is what these lists are looking at as opposed to the showroom products, was iterations on the same design.

I was confused by the hype then and I'm still confused now. It was a good show, but frankly McQueen's done much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->