Place of birth: Tolosa, Spain
Height: 1.83
Relationship status: Married to Nagore Aranburu
Kids: Son Jon & Daughter Ane

Club information:
Former clubs: Real Sociedad, Eibar (on loan), Liverpool
Current club: Real Madrid (#14)

National Team:
Xabi played for SpainU18, SpainU21 and since 2003 for the Spanish NT he made 87 appearances and scored 11 goals.

I am still a Liverpool fan and will be forever, absolutely" and that he will raise his Liverpool-born son as a Red supporter.

he has a Really great style!!

btw i always wonder if he likes playing for RM

HOT HOT HOT!! :lol::heart:

I wish he still played for Liverpool I was gutted when he left for Real Madrid :cry:

Xabi loved playing for Liverpool but he chose to be with his wife after she gave birth to their son instead of playing a match. Many players return quickly after their wives gave birth. Xabi chose to stay, the trainer and the whole Liverpool staff couldn't appreciate it and the trainer of Liverpool cut him at many important matches..

And at the end of the season there was a huge offer from Real Madrid. I think if his private life would have been different he would still be playing in the UK. Xabi himself I think just accepted the fact and is also a bit glad to be playing in his home country with many of his friends in the team (Casillas, Arbeloa, Albiol)

Its sad that he fell out with Rafa Benitez, RB has always been notoriously suborn and its back-fired on him spectacularly most of the time :unsure:. But is true that Alonso loved playing for Liverpool he still Tweets about the club all the time and for that I still :heart: him!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely, he recently said he didn't rule out a return to Liverpool but he wants to stay at RM until his contract will be finished

Xabi Alonso of Real Madrid in action during the Pre-Season Friendly match between Leicester City and Real Madrid at The King Power Stadium on July 30, 2011 in Leicester, England.

zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:
Xabi Alonso greet some of the fans as they return to their hotel from the Real Madrid practice in Los Angeles

zimbio

Xabi Alonso of Real Madrid tackles Dani Alves of Barcelona during the Super Cup first leg match between Real Madrid and Barcelona at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on August 14, 2011 in Madrid, Spain

zimbio

Xabi and wife Nagore attend the Glamour 2011 beauty awards in Madrid where Nagore received an award for most beautiful

gettyimages

Xabi Alonso spoke to Onda Cero’s “El Primer Toque” program last night, from the concentración of Spain. The interview wasn’t that interesting, though Xabi of course comes off as so diplomatic, modest and well-spoken. I did however like hearing Xabi refer to his father as Periko, and saying that Jon is right-footed. Here are the few highlights.

2011-08-31xabi02.jpg

on the effect of los clásicos on the national team: I’m feeling good, and the less people speak about it, the faster things can get back to normal. Logically, when we play with our clubs, we defend our own interests, but later on when you’re on the same team… the atmosphere is comfortable, there aren’t problems with anyone. There’s much more normality than there appears to be for everything that has been written or said. I feel comfortable here and it’s a pleasure to be here.

on Mourinho: I have a very good relationship with him. We always analyze what happens on the field.

on being loved by the Bernabéu: no, I just tried to do well, and people responded to that, and you have to be grateful. How I behave is the way I am naturally. Sometimes, when you try to make others like you, they end up not liking you

2011-08-31xabi03.jpg

on where he’s been the most comfortable: [Xabi is so diplomatic!] It’s great to play, grow as a player in the club of your city. The five years in Liverpool were unforgettable, and I have an impressive memory of that time. Madrid had its grandness, it was a professional challenge for me, to prove that you could play for this club. I’m comfortable here, knock on wood.

on Sahin: Nuri has good qualities, a good attitude, and he’s already speaking Spanish, so you can see he wants to integrate. He observes, listens and learns.

on his shirt collection: I’m not sure where the first Periko Alonso Barça shirt is, that’s a good question, you have to ask Periko. It’s probably at my grandmother’s house. In my shirt collection, I have some from my father’s era, including those of Zico and Maradona. And then I have those from people I admire: Mauro Silva, Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, Zidane.

all credit to unamadridista

I :heart: him. I wish he would come back to Liverpool but I doubt it very much. :(

I love his style too, always so chic and well dressed.

^ Yes, I think his return to Spain will be forever. I really think if he didn't have issues with the trainer he would still be playing for Liverpool. And he is on of the most stylish football-players!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->