Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto F/W 06.07 NYC

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
021006_6.jpg
021006_5.jpg

Y-3: "The most chilling show ever," promised the invitation to Yohji Yamamoto's Y-3 presentation, printed with menacing silhouettes of birds over a blood red logo. Scary? Yes. Apparently, one bird-phobic editor had to be coaxed into staying. But even for those who don't live in fear of the feathered, Yamamoto's vision was fairly dark. Posed together on stage — complete with crystal gun and knife motifs on some of the mostly black looks — the models resembled an impossibly cool gang. Imagine Violet Incredible running with the wrong crowd. But into this shadowy world, Yamamoto packed in real clothes that ranged from the sporty staples to more polished urban fare. But it's the former — denim, tracksuits in both bright nylon and drab wool and, of course, those striped accessories — that are likely the bread and butter of this line. And if one wondered who might buy a pencil skirt or a peacoat from a sports-inspired collection, the perfectly cut black blazer would provide the answer.

not sure if this has been posted yet :ninja:

photos and article from wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
bumping thread..back into the present..

the it self was sick..the thing is was to dark to see the detailin on clothing..but in the light everything looks very hot...

why was this thread so short? I loved this collection..I got a hooded sweatshirt just a few months ago from this and I love it!

I guess I'll post the entire collection, since no one else did!

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member