Yasmeen Ghauri

Yasmeen:flower: - VSC 1997 Holiday City Collection - continued - my own scans:
Click on thumbnail for BIG picture:

modeling Versace in '91

vff8lk.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/vff8lk.jpg
vff8uu.jpg

scanned by medusa80 from Vogue Italia

VSC 1995 Spring Preview catalog - my own scans: yummy Yasmeen :flower: - along with Daniela Pestova & Frederique van der Wal:
click on thumbnails for SUPER BIG pix:

From the 1997 VSC - summer semi-annual sale catalog - my own scan:
with Tyra Banks & Daniela Pestova:

199705vscsummersemiansale173ya.jpg

Monumental. That is the only word that comes to my mind when I see Yasmeen Ghauri.

A shame she is no longer modeling.

salival said:
Monumental. That is the only word that comes to my mind when I see Yasmeen Ghauri.

A shame she is no longer modeling.
Monumental indeed - and not the least monumental part of her were her legs. Here she is in the 1999 VSC accessory sales catalog - along with Stephanie Seymour, in an absolutely breathtaking display of LEGS - my own scans:
Click on thumbnails for BIG PIX:

199906vscaccsale373yasmeenghau1.jpg

Dam...look at this pict, what legs...

She must come back and do more modeling work!

Attachments

• yasmeen308.jpg
    yasmeen308.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 80
Yummy Yasmeen, in the VSC Spring 1999 Accessory Book, vol II, (along with Stephanie Seymour & Karen Mulder) in another spectacular display of legs - my own scans:
Click on thumbnails for SUPER BIG pix:

did someone ask if yasmeen did alot of runway? the answer is YES so much runway work from 1990-1997 and even in the latter part of her career before she retired john gallianno used her in his shows even though she was one of the oldest model among the new emerging girls of the mid 90s

her runway walk is legendary!! one of the best of all time you must track down footage of her from especially the period 1990-1992 like the versace shows they are so amazing!! yasmeen prefered runway to pictures and boy did it show, she has so much presence in person and the designers felt that and stayed loyal to her like karl, gianni, valentino,

her walk was graceful but very sexy all about her big hips which she would swing to amazing angles (the only way you could reach those angles are if you are double jointed like she was) i'll post some classic runway pics of yasmeen for us to enjoy....

look at those curves...100% natural!!! its her tiny 24 inch waist that makes her hourglass figure really stand out the curves that flow upwards to the majestic shoulders and down to her big womanly hips her body frame is very rare and hasn't been seen in another model

00003033100072zl.jpg

corbis

and then there were the versace shows, gianni knew exactly what suited yasmeen best...the goddess look, was she an egyptian queen in past life returning to be worshiped in the 1990s by the top designers with those distinctive wide shoulders that were seen in drawings on ancient egyptian walls or a greek goddess perhaps the way galliano saw her when he designed her dress for the organza perfume campaign

ve45363bw.jpg

source: versace runway

i have seen the footage of this show and i have to say this is considered to be one of the finest runway appearances by a model in a desingers show...of all time!! it is hypnotic!! yasmeen for versace in 1991 (look at how graceful her hands are the way she shapes them) source: versace runway

yg1815mb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think yasmeen will ever return, she was very matter of fact and humble about her career...she thought she would only last 2 years and didn't know why she was doing as well as was doing saying that there are thousands of girls that could be doing what she was doing but she didn't realise that she was very special and designers/editors/photographers saw that in her but her career spanned (started in summer of 1988 til late 1997)

the fact she has not been seen since her retirement means she has become a bit of an enigma, out of all the supermodels from the early 90s like linda, christy, naomi, cindy, claudia, stephanie, helena, karen, nadja, eva etc, yasmeen has never resurfaced, i am sure karl and valentino at some stage from 1997 to 2006 and other designers have tried to get yasmeen to come back but she hasn't,

she seems to have moved on and finally going to college like she had wanted to in 1998 getting her degree, getting married and having her daughter, i guess because she has become an enigma has made her appearances very sought after and collectable

yasmeen made it to supermodel status and was embraced by the late and great mr. gianni versace RIP he stayed loyal to her and used her for most of his shows from 1990 onwards, here she is with her fellow supermodels

versacegirls25xl.jpg

corbis

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->