Yasmin Le Bon

Mondo Uomo March 1997 (same source:(

Attachments

• MUIT9703.JPG
    MUIT9703.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 8
1993 favorite supermodels countdown

1993 The Pulse viewers count down their favorite models: 10) Kate Moss 9) Naomi Campbell 8) Claudia Schiffer 7) Yasmin Le Bon 6) Yasmeen Ghauri 5) Helena Christensen 4) Linda Evangelista 3) Cindy Crawford 2) Stephanie Seymour and 1) Christy Turlington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN2TfVTO-S8

that cover of her with her daughters are really something else, so cute :crush:

^I love them too.
style.com
Beth Ditto Evans' Launch
05m.jpg

10m.jpg

Outstandingly beautiful and she makes Kate Moss look old:lol:
Philip Green is merging into a cross between Michael Winner & Christopher Biggins.:shock::ninja:

haha that was my impression she looks so much better than Kate.... and younger! I wish she got UK Vogue or ELLE...

US Vogue September 2009

Country Couture
Model:
Yasmin Le Bon
Photographer:
Norman Jean Roy

ryanelitemodel2.typepad

She is one of the most exquisite and underrated beauties of all-time, imo...
And she is aging so beautifully... she and Turlington are putting all the other supers to shame...

source: yasminlebon.net

Yasmin will be on the Oct 09 cover of UK magazine Easy Living, here is my snap of the cover shot as advertised in UK Glamour:

Attachments

• YasEasy.JPG
    YasEasy.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 5
She's the new face of UK clothes store Wallis (guardian.co.uk:(

Attachments

• Yasmin-LB-nude-dress-001.jpg
    Yasmin-LB-nude-dress-001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Yasmin-LB-long-sleeve-per-002.jpg
    Yasmin-LB-long-sleeve-per-002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Yasmin-LB-Silk-dress-003.jpg
    Yasmin-LB-Silk-dress-003.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Yasmin-LB-grey-flannel-tr-004.jpg
    Yasmin-LB-grey-flannel-tr-004.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Yasmin-LB-grey-military-c-005.jpg
    Yasmin-LB-grey-military-c-005.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
And an interview (guardian.co.uk:(

Yasmin Le Bon: Age of elegance

Yasmin Le Bon's confidence slipped as she grew older, she says – but now she's back on form with a sleek, sophisticated new clothing range

Saturday 5 September 2009

Yasmin Le Bon slips quietly into the Soho Hotel, bang on time, wearing no make-up, with her 14-year-old daughter Tallulah in tow. Dressed in a simple black Balenciaga dress and brown Havaiana flip-flops, she chats nonstop about the Le Bon household, where life centres on the perfect cup of tea. "We're not allowed tea bags," she says. "Simon wilts tea leaves over steam and mixes his own blend."

On the surface, Le Bon has a charmed life – she was one of the highest earning models of the 80s, worked with Azzedine Alaïa, Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, Dior and Versace, married Duran Duran's lead singer Simon Le Bon and had three daughters: Amber, 20, Saffron, 17, and Tallulah. But as she's grown older, her self-esteem has slipped. "I look confident," she says, "but when you've spent your life making jackets look a million dollars, what do you do? Where do you go?"

She says she was "in a bit of a dark place" when she had a chance meeting with Philip Green, the owner of the Arcadia retail group, at a hotel opening. "I'd lost belief in myself." Why? She wells up: "Because that's how life gets sometimes. Everything got on top of me." Green had a proposition – to design a range for Wallis. "I'd had one too many saketinis and there was a twinkle in Philip's eye. He saw that it was something I needed to do."

Le Bon was born in Oxford in 1964, the youngest child of an Iranian father and English mother. She was 18 when she walked into Models 1. "I didn't have a place in further education and I didn't have a job. People had told me I should be a model my whole life, but I didn't take it seriously until then." Within a week, she was working. Within two years, she was a supermodel.

She is well-known and respected in the fashion world, but redefining herself as a designer is making her nervous. "I find this frightening and difficult," she says. "I'm going to be judged and it is scary. I'm proud of it, and if no one likes it, well, I like it. The remit was to design clothes purely for myself – they're edgy and rock'n'roll, but grown-up."

The collection includes long, lean silk gowns, jewel colours, pendant necklaces, goat-hair capelets and pin-tucked high-neck blouses. "I'm obsessed with high-neck things. You're covered up but it's sexy, and I've always loved long dresses. Covering up can be a lot sexier than being uncovered. My body has changed, so feeling comfortable and confident, while accentuating the bits that are OK, is important."

What are her style rules for the older woman? "I'm not good at rules. I only started smoking since the ban. Tell me I can't do something and I'll do it. I shouldn't wear mini skirts, but if you feel comfortable getting your pins out, get them out."

She looks younger now than she did in the over-stylised shoots of the 80s. "I used to do a thousand balletic leaps a day, in heels, on concrete [for modelling shoots]. Now I'm paying the price. After having three children, my back is never going to be the same – and my knees and hips. It's depressing because I've always been incredibly strong and fit."

Le Bon practises the martial art, wing chun, to stay in shape. "If I'd been allowed to do it in my 20s, I would be fighting for a living – I love nothing more than fighting." And with that she wriggles into Tallulah's blazer and heads home to check if Simon has walked the dogs. God help him if he hasn't.

YLB for Wallis is available from September 15.

Supermodel Yasmin Le Bon turns designer for high street debut

Sep 6 2009 Lindsay Clydesdale

SUPERMODEL Yasmin Le Bon has revealed her fashion secrets as she turns designer for the first time.
She celebrates 26 years as a model next month and, while she's still very much in demand in front of the cameras, the cover girl has created a collection for high street chain Wallis.
Looking at least a decade younger than 44, Yasmin talked the Sunday Mail through her favourite pieces from the range.
It includes high-necked mini-dresses that fit and flatter as well as a stunning column gown in wine or lime, which she wore to a charity ball in London.
She said: "It got great compliments but no one knew it was one of my own designs.
"I've also worn the ink velvet tuxedo suit and the cream silk dress with the floral print."
Yasmin has designed the wardrobe that she wanted to own, including chiffon blouses and stylish essentials such as perfect skinny black trousers and a sexy pencil skirt.
She said: "It is very exciting. I've toyed with the idea for a long time, ever since I was a little girl.
"I used to do drawings and design things all the time. I feel so lucky to be given the chance to do this."
Yasmin was one of the original supermodels of the '80s. Alongside Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington, she could demand tens of thousands of pounds for work and travelled the world modelling for Chanel, Dior, Versace and Calvin Klein.
After marrying Duran Duran lead singer Simon Le Bon in 1985, Yasmin had three daughters - Amber, Saffron and Alice.
Eldest daughter Amber, now 20, has followed in mum's footsteps and launched a successful career modelling for designer Moschino and Myla bikinis.
Yasmin said: "I'm happy for Amber to be modelling because I've only ever had good experiences but she's also got the right personality to deal with it.
"It's not the be-all-and-end-all for her and it shouldn't be the most important thing in your life "You have to be a little bit cooler than that. The girls are all into art and music and Amber's a creative person so she's having a good time doing it." 'I the to feel Yasmin's own continuing success surprises no one as much as it does her.
She said: "I thought that models were over by the age of 22 and I honestly didn't think I would carry on, certainly not until now.
"It only struck me recently when my kids started coming home saying 'Mum, what am I going to do with my life?' and I thought, 'Wait a minute, what am I going to do with my life?'"
Perhaps that's behind her decision to show she's more than just a pretty face. Her collaboration with Wallis has been harder work than Yasmin expected but she was determined to make a collection that was accessible and flattering to everybody.
She said: "We have all got bits and pieces we don't like.
"I'm a regular person, I'm no longer that model shape so I have the same good insecurities - what I'd do for a waist!
"What I wanted and what we've made are good quality, comfortable, fashionable clothes that don't overpower you. You have to shine.
"I wanted the clothes to feel good and then you feel good too.
"It's all about the touch and feel, that's what makes you feel sexy and confident."

www.sundaymail.co.uk

^Gorgeous shots :heart: Thanks mojopin:flower:

I've gotta say that I can't stand the blonde hair on Yasmin:(
Anyhow some shots from Wallis website.

Yasmin Le Bon is one of the original 'supermodels' with a successful career spanning three decades. She has worked with every top photographer from Mario Testino to Peter Lindeberg, as well as appearing on the launch issue covers of American and British Elle magazine and more recently the cover of British Vogue magazine.
This Autumn Winter Wallis launches an exciting new collaboration 'YLB For Wallis' with world renowned supermodel Yasmin Le Bon. This is the first time Yasmin has stepped away from modelling to design her own range of clothing and jewellery and Wallis is delighted to be working with Yasmin for her exclusive debut collection.
YLB captures the essence of Yasmin, her Persian descent, her iconic style and love of vintage, for a timeless sophisticated collection. Yasmin has been involved in every stage of the project working alongside the Design and Creative teams at Wallis to create 'a wardrobe I truly want for myself'. Yasmin says 'I have so much admiration for what they do at Wallis, I can't just put my name to something to me that's completely meaningless, if I'm going to do something I'm going to be involved all the way and it's been a fantastic learning curve'.
" I can't just put my name to something to me that's completely meaningless, if I'm going to do something I'm going to be involved all the way and it's been a fantastic learning curve

Comprising of 20 styles in various colour options, Yasmin's collection 'YLB for

ylb_pre01.jpg

ylb_pre03.jpg

ylb_pre04.jpg

(wallis.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back