Yasmin Warsame

I heard she didn't start her modelling career 'till she was in her early 20's. That's very interesting.. :woot:

As for her ethnicity, I think she's Somali.

Nemova

yasminwar1.jpg

Yasmin Warsame - Beauty from Somalia

While most models embark on their career in their teens, Somalian-born Yasmin Warsame was in her early 20s – and five months’ pregnant with her son Hamzah – when she accepted her first job, a catalogue shoot in her adopted home of Toronto.

Her look, however, was considered too "haute couture" for the local scene, making work scarce. So, in the summer of 2002, Yasmin headed to Paris where, she says, she had only one thing on her mind: "Walking down the runway… and not falling." Since then, the 6ft beauty has become the "muse" of Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz and been dubbed the new Iman by Michael Kors. She has also modelled for Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, YSL, Alexander McQueen, Ungaro, and Gucci.

But the most memorable moment of her career was of a more personal nature. "It was when I sent my mum (in Somalia) a large amount of money," she says. "I spoke to her and she was in tears. I love her so much! That was the moment that made modelling so worth it."

thumbsup.gif

Yasmin Warsame does seem like such a wonderful person. She is successfully raising her young son while working hard at her modeling career- and maintaining a close relationship with her family! It seems as if she's achieved so much over a relatively short period of time. Her look is very unusually mature and elegant I think. She reminds me of those high fashion models from the 1940s and 50s. Plus, she's Canadian! B)

btw nearly 3 quarters of all women in somalia and ethiopia look like that!

They are incredibly lucky then! :wink:
I think she looks like a 1940s movie star here. From the Dolce&Gabbana show. :flower:

she's absolutely gorgeous :flower: and she seems like a remarkable person :woot: :heart:

She is on the cover of the new Trace magazine saw it in a bookstore and she looks cool !! She does not look as grown up as she does in the couture shows she looks funky and younger.

Originally posted by allyalam@Feb 25th, 2004 - 10:21 pm
what is her ethnicity?
She is from Somalia, she is very beautiful. She also graces the cover of Trace magazine, she was married once, and has a 5 year old son. The most amazing thing is her mother sent her away when she was 5 because of turmoil in Somalia and she has not been back yet. She is currently working with the RedCross to find her mother. I have always liked her and I think she has such a silent power and beauty that lacks in this industry. She is not at all flashy or out there I do not know if I make sense but I really like her. I can tell a Somalian from an Ethiopian and I just knew she was from Somalia which was confirmed in her article in Trace :woot:

Originally posted by eguana@Feb 27th, 2004 - 3:05 pm
This is true, but I can always tell them from eachother. Like the Ethiopian women have prominent forheads (not all but most) and the women from Somalia have longer necks like Yasmin and Iman. My best friend is from Addis Ababa and she's very beautiful even though she is short. Most of these women are amazing to look at. :woot:

This is going to sound REALLY weird, but I LOVE her neck! :woot:

And she has such an elegant face!

wow i :heart: that ed soo much!! one of my fav's of all time!! does anyone know from wich brand(s) those GORGEOUS bracelets are???

Originally posted by Oria+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:51 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:51 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@Feb 27th, 2004 - 3:05 pm
This is true, but I can always tell them from eachother. Like the Ethiopian women have prominent forheads (not all but most) and the women from Somalia have longer necks like Yasmin and Iman. My best friend is from Addis Ababa and she's very beautiful even though she is short. Most of these women are amazing to look at. :woot: [/b][/quote]
it's because somalian & ethiopian women are always gorgeous - amazing bone structure, perfect skin, thin and tall :flower:

Originally posted by tiffany+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 2:05 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffany @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 2:05 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Oria@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:51 am
<!--QuoteBegin-eguana
@Feb 27th, 2004 - 3:05 pm

This is true, but I can always tell them from eachother. Like the Ethiopian women have prominent forheads (not all but most) and the women from Somalia have longer necks like Yasmin and Iman. My best friend is from Addis Ababa and she's very beautiful even though she is short. Most of these women are amazing to look at. :woot:
it's because somalian & ethiopian women are always gorgeous - amazing bone structure, perfect skin, thin and tall :flower: [/b][/quote]
I could agree more, but I have some some who aren't skinny and they aren't all tall :lol: It really differs and depends on their region. Eritreans are also beautiful people. I find most of Africa to have beautiful women and I feel blessed to have some African genes in me :woot: :P

Originally posted by Oria+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:51 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:51 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@Feb 27th, 2004 - 3:05 pm
This is true, but I can always tell them from eachother. Like the Ethiopian women have prominent forheads (not all but most) and the women from Somalia have longer necks like Yasmin and Iman. My best friend is from Addis Ababa and she's very beautiful even though she is short. Most of these women are amazing to look at. :woot: [/b][/quote]
i agree. Somalis usualy have higher cheekbones and are usually thinner
Actually liya could also pass for a Somali
I should set up a modelling agency in the horn of africa i ll have the sudanese that look like alek wek and the somali and ethiopians!! :flower:

She looks like one of those women who will age very well. I think a good percentage of that luck is bone structure, but she also looks like she takes good care of herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->