Yohji's A MAGAZINE issue

runner

Reaction score
When Yohji Yamamoto wants to convey his ideas to the people he works with he uses words, not drawings.

Each of his collaborations – with an artist, a photographer, a scenographer, a filmmaker, a choreographer – started with a conversation. Sometimes, as is apparent from interviews within this issue, a few words were enough to realise beautiful projects, develop special friendships, build things that transcend the ordinary.

Words are very important to Yohji Yamamoto. Not the endless flood of words used to fill silences, but only those words that seek out the silence, that go for depth, ask questions, listen, look, confirm, words that give warmth, words that sing.

Similarly, every new magazine in our series starts with a conversation. Words that capture the essence of that conversation are used to sketch the rough outlines of the concept. These words are written onto a white sheet. Every time we start with a blank page. Every magazine is a new story.

And so this has become a magazine of many words. About friendships, about collaborations, about admiration. Conversations with 20th century icons and the young turks of today. Words of and about ‘soulmates’, who share the same fascinations, strive for the same quality, travel the same roads, seek the same silences.

Yohji Yamamoto. In our eyes he is one of last century’s most innovative designers. He has completely changed our vision on fashion. He has enchanted us and forever initiated us in a new beauty – the beauty that comes from within and that bears no relation to what we previously knew.

Yohji Yamamoto, in his interview with Hans Ulrich Obrist, says that he would like to design time. Nobody ever came so close to fulfilling this task.

In between the lines you can read that we were very happy and honoured to welcome Yohji Yamamoto as the curator of this magazine.

We invite you to share that happiness, to read this magazine through Yohji Yamamoto’s eyes and to listen with him to all those who have inspired, admired and touched him.

Hilde Bouchez & Gerdi Esch

More info & contact:
A MAGAZINE
Nationalestraat 28/2, B-2000 ANTWERP
T: +32 3 231 41 49, F: +32 3 231 49 47
E: [email protected]

170-171_naast.jpg

160-161_naast.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
omg...who shot that cover?... :shock:
is it paolo?... it's beautiful...!!!...
i think i need to get my hands on this magazine...

thanks for bringing this in runner...is it out now?... :woot:

seems like another great A MAGAZINE issue, thanks for bringing this in runner, i need to get this asap :heart:

i agree it looks good. i like the piture of the little deer. how beautiful it is. such innocence.

you are all welcome

and thanks a lot for the division.

more info

A Magazine

Editor
Hilde Bouchez

Art Director & Graphic Designer
Paul Boudens

Editorial Address
A Magazine
ModeNatie
Flanders Fashion Institute
Nationalestraat 28/2
2000 Antwerp
Belgium
T+32 3 231 41 49
F+32 3 231 49 47
M+32 486 69 20 25
[email protected]

Retail Management & Advertising Director
Marij De Brabandere
T+32 476 74 68 01
F+32 3 231 49 47
[email protected]

Publisher Address
A Publisher for Flanders Fashion Institute
Manu Van Treeck
ModeNatie
Nationalestraat 28/2
2000 Antwerp
Belgium
T+32 475 30 93 50
F+32 3 231 49 47

Distribution Management
Idea Books
T: +31 20 622 61 54
[email protected]
www.ideabooks.nl

thank you runner! this is really beautiful and interesting, i wish there were more magazines like that!

the picture with the children in the field with white shirts is great - reminds me of my childhood running wild across the hills with the wind in my hair. playing from dawn till dusk - finding little creatures & catching them in our hands.

OMG!!!!! (dies)

Runner, welcome back, I missed you.

Scott, can you get your hands on this magazine? Can someone from Europe send it to me? I WANT!!! I want the whole subscription, dammit, but I'm afraid it'll be too expensive for the US. :cry:

Yeah,you can now order directly from the ModeNatie web site. Just click on the magazine feature and there's an orderform.

http://www.modenatie.com they just re-designed it for the new year....looks great!

Its really beautiful,this magazine. And I can't stop saying how much adore it. They never cease to amaze me with each issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott said:
Yeah,you can now order directly from the ModeNatie web site. Just click on the magazine feature and there's an orderform.

http://www.modenatie.com they just re-designed it for the new year....looks great!

Its really beautiful,this magazine. And I can't stop saying how much adore it. They never cease to amaze me with each issue.

Damn, I don't know if I'm prepared to spend $30 on a magazine :cry: :doh:

simply amazing, the photos are stunning. and i want the magazine. :shifty:

Yes,but it's really worth it,Faust. Its not a rubbish publication you'll keep just collecting dust...it's really a treasure to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->