Your Beauty Routine

My routine is super simple compared to most here.

AM:
No cleanser. Just water on the face, then currently Shiseido Benefiance SPF 15 cream. I switch day creams often... the last one I used was Origins A Perfect World SPF 15.

PM:
REN Milk Cleanser. Great for dry skin. Then REN Frankincense Night Cream. I used to also use a Serum since as Origins Plantscription but after a few bottles I really wasn't sure it was adding anything to my routine.

When I break out, I use Origins Charcoal Clear Improvement mask. Also, if you leave it on overnight on blemishes, they are drastically reduced by the time you wake up.

I also use a Boscia facial scrub once or twice a week. I personally think that one facial scrub is pretty much as good as another, though, as long as the granules aren't harsh (like ground apricot seeds).

Morning

Shower (only wash hair twice a week, just use talcom powder if greasy)
Wash face with water only.
Spray rose oil
Moisturize with raw organic coconut oil

During the day
Spray rose oil
Moisturize coconut oil

Night
Wash with water
Coconut oil

Once a week exfoliate with baking soda and do a honey mask

Updated routine...

Morning- wash with lukewarm water; apply Eucerin SPF 30 Sunscreen for faces; a few days a week I use Kate Somerville Total Vitamin Serum made with vitamin C.

Evening- if I am wearing more makeup, I remove it with MAC Tranquil Cleanse Off Oil; wash face with Cerave Cleanser; alternating nights, I use either Neutrogena Healthy Skin Night Cream with Retinol, or Argan Oil. I also have regular moisturizer available if I just want something simple under makeup with no sunscreen. I use Laura Mercier Flawless Skin right now.

Both morning and night, I always use eye cream, but change brands a lot.

I don´t like to put too much stuff in my skin, I believe in drinking lot´s of water and eating healthy, that if something keeps skin looking good and hair healthy looking.
I try to be as ecological as I can and try to pick products that have not been tested with animals.

BODY AND FACE

Bodylotion that I bought from pharmacy, cannot remember the name of it but it is not animal tested. I put that also in my face.

The Body Shop Hemp hand creame.

The Body Shop Born Lippy lipbalm.

I usually just put lipbalm and mascara from Lumene as make-up.
Sometimes Double Saty foundation and Double Stay powder for Lumene.

I usually wash my face just with water but sometimes I put some Matt Touch gel from Lumene.

I wash my body putting little that bodylotion from pharmacy and mix it with water.

I rarely wear any fragrance but if I put something on it is Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb.

HAIR

I was my hair with TIGI products.
Eco Awsome shampo and moisturizer.
Totally Beachin body and wave styling mist.
I just wash my hair and leave it dry naturally.

I very, very, very rarely us hairspray. I hate hairpsray but if I use it is from TIGI.

I hate owning too many bottles this and that.
Less I own, happier I am.

:D

Tigi is not cruelty free, I have emailed them myself; in fact, their animal testing policy is quite iffy. There are much better brands with that are certified cruelty free if animal welfare is a priority for you. De Lorenzo is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning:
-L'occitane immortalle foaming cleanser (the one in the blue)
-Lancome confort toner
-BeautiControl Defend & Restore Moisture Creme SPF 30

Evening:
-Lancome Bi Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover
-Lancome Confort Galatee Dry Skin (milk cleanser to remove mu)
-Clarisonic w/ this Etude house (krn brand) cleanser (probably gonna go get the Lancome mousse confort cleanser once this is out)
-Lancome confort toner
-Alphahydrox AHA 5% lotion
-Mario Badescu Chamomile Night Cream
-Mario Badescu drying Lotion Glass (only if my acne is bad/acting up)
-Carmex or Co bigelow lip methal or Yes! to carrots lip butter in melon

Body
-hair: I wash 3x per weak since I have dry hair. Upon washing my hair I usually apply Argan/moroccan oil onto damp hair. This moisturizes my dry hair and makes it soft! I use Yes! to Carrots or Yes! to Cucumber shampoo/conditioner since it doesnt contain those chemically sulfates that dries my hair like crazy. I never brush when my hair when it's damp since it's most fragile at this point. So I gently hand comb and always air dry.
-body: I use Yes! to cucumbers shower gel or philosophy birthday girl w/ this krn body towel. I usually moisturize w/ St. Ives Intensive healing Skin Rescue Lotion. I used to use Kiehl's creme des crops but it never rly worked out for me..
-hands: I use Cake Beauty It's a Slice Velveteen Hand Creme (smells AMAZING)

Tigi is not cruelty free, I have emailed them myself; in fact, their animal testing policy is quite iffy. There are much better brands with that are certified cruelty free if animal welfare is a priority for you. De Lorenzo is very good.

:ninja::ninja::ninja: i have stopped with TIGI products looong time ago.

I wish it wasn't so hard to find good cruelty-free products! I used to like Tigi products before I got into cruelty-free :(

Whaat, Tigi tests on animals? This was a real wake up call for me, see I got into cruelty free cosmetics since I first got interested in make up and stuff, like 15 years ago (I am 27 now). Back then I got all the lists etc for brands not using animal testing. Years went by and as I followed the situation I noticed very rare brands test on animals anymore, at least the whole end product, since the awareness rose so quickly. I have used pretty steadily certain labels, so I haven`t been even thinking about this anymore while shopping, and I got to say: SHAME ON ME!!!

Now that I `ve changed the products I use, I am not sure at all they are not tested on animals. Either way, even the brands who promise to to be cruelty free, can`t swear that some of the ingredients are which they buy from elsewhere.

But my routine is now, cruelty or not:

Morning: Elizabeth Arden 3 in 1 wash (cleaner, exfoliator, primer), EA Intervene Radiance Boosting Moisture Cream, occasionally Timefighting Radiance Serum or L`Oreal Dermagenesis Pore Minimazing Serum, Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Eye Treatment

Evening: Biotherm Aquasource cleansing milk, if needed 3 in 1 wash in addition, one of the serums mentioned above, EA Intervene Stress Recovery Night Cream and Good Morning Eye Treatment.

This is my most current skin care routine:

Cleanser
: L'Occitane Shea Honey Foaming Gel

Micellar water
: Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover (I can't wait to go back to Bioderma to be honest).

Toners
: La Roche Posay Serozinc, La Roche Posay Effaclar Micro-Exfoliant Astringent Lotion, Melvita Orange Blossom Extraordinary Water, Melvita Orange Blossom Floral Water

Moisturizer: La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche

Face mask: REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask

Night treatments: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Other
: La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

Moisturizers:
Vichy Idéalia Cream for Dry Skin
Ziaja Cocoa Butter Cream (when my skin is very dry)

Serum: Vichy Idéalia Life Serum

Eye area:
Clinique All About Eyes Cream
Ziaja Cocoa Butter Cream

Sunscreen:
Shiseido Expert Sun Aging Protection Cream Plus For Face SPF 50

Face masks:
Dr Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Mask
Ziaja Pro Exfoliating Mask with Green Clay
Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Moisturizing Mask

Cleansing / removing makeup:
Bioderma Hydrabio Mousse Cleansing Foam