Your Best & Worst Ad Campaigns of F/W 2022.23

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's now safe to say we've seen all the Fall 2022 advertising campaigns, and thought it might be fun to dissect the best and worst of the season.

Ralph Lauren for me was flawless, loved the photography, the colouring and just how quintessential Ralph Lauren it was - pure class, understated luxury and total sophistication. Also loved Michael Kors this season with Bella Hadid, with that one shot of Bella climbing aboard the private jet selling the brand oh so perfectly. Max Mara by Ethan James Green felt like a breath of fresh air and there's some incredibly strong imagery to come out of Saint Laurent by Juergen Teller. Steven Meisel's Ports 1961 campaign wonderfully took me back to the heyday of Vogue Italia, as did Meisel's Toteme campaign.

For me, Fendi was a major disappointment and I thought the Moschino campaign by Steven Meisel ought to have been photographed in full colour, as opposed to the dull black and white we got.

What has been some of your best and worst campaigns of the Fall 2022 season?

The Good:

I found Chanel's campaign this season to be one of the stronger ones. Inez & Vinoodh did a great job selling the collection to me, but most of the credit goes to incomparable Rianne who looks absolutely spectacular in the campaign and owns every single shot.

As usual, Saint Laurent is on my top five list. Great location, great models, and most importantly, great clothes! The only instance where Juergen never disappoints.

I thoroughly enjoyed Max Mara's campaign as well, loved the inclusion of Jessica Stam and of course, my girl Rianne. Ethan did a fabulous job with the studio portraits emulating the spirit of a Steven Meisel shoot.

Prada was also one of the standout campaigns for me, perhaps my favorite of Sims' works for the brand so far. I thought that Kendall Jenner looked fabulous and the clothes were brought to life accompanied by the still life photographs.

And last but not the least, Ports 1961 was perhaps my favorite of all. Steven always hits the mark with his campaigns for Ports and this one in particular did an excellent job at taking us back to the golden days of editorials in Vogue.

Honorable mentions: Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani, Michael Kors, Ermanno Scervino, Giulvia Heritage

The Bad:

Versace was a massive letdown for me. I find it upsetting how drastically the quality of Mert & Marcus' work has declined over the recent years and this campaign is prime example. The Teller-esque aesthetic is not for them. It isn't the worst of the season, but it falls under the Bad category for me, it could've been much better all things considered.

Chloé was a lifeless flop barely worth mentioning, but it stands out as one of the worst campaigns this season. Extremely ugly all around.

Balenciaga was a complete eyesore.

Burberry's collages were extremely hideous.

Vivienne Westwood takes the cake.

Dishonorable mentions: Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->