Yvan Mispelaere leaves Diane Von Furstenberg

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
00480big_426x639.jpg

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG creative director Yvan Mispelaere has left the US label after two and a half years. The designer, who is "stepping down from his post effective immediately", will not be replaced and the design team will continue to be directed by von Furstenberg. The news comes only two days after the brand's spring/summer 2013 show.

"I am so grateful for the contributions Yvan brought to DVF and fully support him as he takes the next step in his career," von Furstenberg said. "Yvan joined us almost three years ago and has added enormous value. He also put together a highly skilled design team to support our growth both in fashion and accessories. I am very thankful and proud of his accomplishments here and I look forward to our strong team continuing to create the signature DVF look for women everywhere."

Mispelaere's departure follows the recent arrival of the company's new co-chairman, former Tommy Hilfiger CEO and executive chairman, Joel Horowitz - who was hired to make the firm more professional, WWD reports.

"I came to DVF to help further the brand's mission and create a world-class design team," said Mispelaere. "I am confident that we have been able to achieve that during my time with the company. I can't thank Diane enough for the opportunity to work with her and such talented people. The group is now well-positioned for even greater success, and I am eager to take on my next challenge."
vogue.co.uk

it's nice to see such an amicable relationship...
something i wish we saw more of in the industry...

best of luck to both of them...:flower:

'Next step in his career' - does anybody know where he is going now?

The man is very talented, but didnt have a voice in this brand I feel.

i wasn't very impressed with his dvf work, loved his work back in the day when he was doing feraud.. amazing stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->