Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2009

at first glance? horrid! but to me zac is so over anyway, he needs to do something to bring himself up again but this is just everywhere to me?!

I'm not sure why but this is reminding me slightly of Galliano.
It does...the Galliano as of late. This whole practice of using every color of the rainbow (the pastel version of each, at least:rolleyes:) in silks and satins is starting to grate on my nerves.

Oh good, he's designing for real women now....you know, as opposed to those staring in a Marlene Dietrich biopic. :rolleyes:
:lol::lol::lol:

^ Yes! Silks and satins does gets tacky rather easily... Designers like Roksanda Ilincic's able to make them look absolutely gorgeous, but for zac, these are just disastrous.

And about the similarity with Galliano, I would have to say about 2% of it. Galliano's crazy, yet amazing...

i like the ideas, ie. old hollowood glam.

i just don't think he pulled it off well.

well it definitely cheers me up on such a dreary day. MUCH better than his S/S 09 if nothing else

also Elsa Sylvan looks beautiful in what she's wearing

Yes, I agree! This is just rather predictable and unexciting. SS 09 made me want to run from the screen screaming ^_^.

At first I saw a bit of a Bonnie & Clyde
but then the leopard orange thing came and I thought "tacky!!!"

but overall its nice
something about the lighting doesnt seem flattering

i think some of the outfits work extremely well and others are a disaster =(
the color palette is extremely odd, but i do love the vintage-inspired look.

his use of silk or satin or whatever it is that he uses disgusts me. at least this time it's not as tight as he normally does it so the fabric doesnt wrinkle atrociously around the girls bodies.
still, it's a terrible collection. awfully dated. out-of-grandma's closet, way too costume-like, and the leopard... just leave it to someone who actually knows how to use it (valentino, marc jacobs or... elbaz?)

a lot of harsh words for Zac...I see...He quite deserves it though. He continues to bore with overdone and tired Hollywood costume dramas like said. Probably better than his atrocious Spring show but still a kitchen sink of hot mess

There are some outfits I don't like at all :blink::(
I love the first dress, the orange coat combined with leopard dress and that deep green dress though :heart:

looks so cheap!

The leopard print is such a disaster! :doh:

Maybe I'm just so in love with the collection that I see it everywhere, but the 3rd dress of the second posts reminds me so much of Sonia Rykiel SS 09, lol. In general, do not like. Awful color palette, and he did NOT pull off the satin at all.

ooh dont be soo hard to ZAC!! i mean, some clothes are bad (the leopard and pale colors are the worst) but the other dresses looks cool, not that bad!! now just wait to see the F/W collection!! i hope its better, and i also think that the lighting and set are not helping the clothes alot, maybe if we see one of those in a red carpet or outside from tehre it would be totally different

i LOVE half of this, and am not into the rest of it. i think my favorite is the long dark blue dress. the fringey stuff turns me off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->