Zac Posen S/S 2012 New York

Well, while in the last 3-4 years his collections were a complete mess, I actually find myself liking this. It seems like he handed all the tackiness to his diffusion line and tries to establish his own line a little bit more upscale than before.

There is something glamorous about this that can't be denied. He flopped at Paris Fashion Week and now it seems like he's attempting to re-establish his name. I like this tbh.

This collection is vintage, chic, glamorous and as Cathy Horyn stated, without any gimmicks. Obviously nothing groundbreaking, but everything looks wearable and flattering and not ridiculous as when he showed at Paris Fashion Week, where he tried to be more Parisian and ended up with over-the-top and gimmicky clothes that didn't work. This however is a nice return fom him and it was a wise decision to come back to NYC.

This is a nice surprise. I wish he had just stuck to this. It's classic and glamorous, but there's plenty of room in here to experiment.

i'm finding myself liking this...obviously,not everything's perfect but it's truly a step up from what he's been doing lately(which was kinda gross)

Wow love this, Zac in his best form:woot:, sexy glamourous dresses that take you back to another time, reminds me of 03/04 collections. This is sure to be a red carpet hit collection!:heart:

I like it. Some beautiful silhouettes, I love the classic feel to it.
I don't think this one was posted. Coco's finale dress;

FashionWirePress

Gorgeous as always!

HQs

osinka.ru

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it! A very good collection of dresses and gowns and way better edited and disciplined than previous collections, although Posen's next challenge is making sure that all of the looks are well-constructed and impeccable, most of them are but there are enough of them that are noticeably puckered and wrinkled. In general, I like Zac's showmanship but judging by some of the model's poses in the photos, I think that he should have taken a more elegant tact in the presentation.*

Again, thumbs up and welcome back to New York (even though I am one of the few who was OK with him showing in Paris). Isn't he a member (or guest member) of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture‎, and if so does this mean that he is going to be showing couture collections at some point in the future?

ETA:
* Are the images from posts 16-18 from the runway show, because they look different to me than the others. If it is from a preview or something, then I retract my comment about the presentation needing to be more elegant.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is very surprising collection for me. i mean it´s not very special or innovative but clothes looks good. Almost all the gowns are very pretty and wearable... i think with this collection award season will be really busy for Zac

Had to double check the name of this thread to make sure that its a S/S collection. Some of the dresses are nice but the overall feeling is quite heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->