Zac Posen S/S 2012 New York

He does seem like he's leaning towards couture with the evening wear but again, they look badly made. The dresses don't flow as nicely as they could (this is an area where Elie Saab's talent shows). While the ideas are nice, he executed them poorly.

Its looks like 2nd-Hand Dior Couture.

Its looks like 2nd-Hand Dior Couture.

It's a cheap couture, for sure.
But what I like about Zac is that he's not trying too hard to create something "new" and "modern": unlike the other designers who represent all those trashy collections, thinking they create "a fashion of tomorrow" :yuk:

Stuffy, retro, and overloaded with gee-gaws which is typical for ZP. Not a fan.

Still not a genius collection, but I welcome the old-school elegance and femininity.

Absolutely gorgeous. Elegant. Beautiful. I love it!
Particularly love the pale blue dress near the start, and the short and full red skirted dress, which is just divine.
:woot:

these two: (from elle.com)

ZAC-POSEN-SPRING-2012-RTW-PODIUM-008_runway.jpg

ZAC-POSEN-SPRING-2012-RTW-PODIUM-012_runway.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it´ll sell. And I hate to admit but I like a few of the pieces .. like the long white dress with the speckles of green (it makes it look like mold! I love it!).

Lets see how it does, in general, the usual Posen stuff. But I dont mind it.

I know that the mermaid silhouette is Zac Posen's thing, but there were a few too many of those dresses, it started to become a bit Morticia Adams. Still I can see so many of these looks having red carpet moments, and not just formal red carpets but also I can see the daywear looks being worn to more casual appearances and on talk shows.

P.S.
I also like the 1950s movie star vibe that the sunglasses gave.

For women who want some old-school glamour look no further.
Nothing ground breaking in any way, but some lovely gowns towards the end.
I really like all the subdued colours.......nothing really showy.
The remarks about cheap couture and 2nd hand Dior mean nothing, as Dior couture itself has looked fairly cheap and nasty of late.

Those clothes were probably a beautiful idea on paper, but looking at the outcome, I suspect a lot of them would work to make you seem empty-chested and blocky in the hip, rather than keeping everything in pleasurable proportion. It's like a passing approximation of what seems like glamour, but without precise mastery of how to construct it from the inside, the proper heart of it.

I've never been a fan of his but this is actually quite good. Instead of trying to be one of the big boys in Paris he now knows he belongs in NY. The red strapless dress is gorgeous. Very elegant and even I can admit it's not cheap looking.

I don't know. The mermaid silhouette feels more Theyskens at Rochas than Galliano at Dior.

I will give it to him that he is learning to edit more.

I dare to say it's not bad, in fact some of these are really lovely.. And this is coming from a person who has been frightened by his recent collection.

But then again we have that sl*tty thing on Eniko, seems like he couldn't have kept himself from throwing it in.

Zac Posen always elegant. Its going to be all over the red carpet. But something is still missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->