Zachary Quinto Comes Out

Kenysha75

Reaction score
Zachary Quinto has come out as a gay man to New York magazine.
zachary-quinto-gay-comes-out.jpg

The 34-year-old actor, who’s currently starring in a story arc on FX’s American Horror Story, spoke to the magazine about his eight month stint in Angels in America, saying, “as a gay man, it made me feel like there’s still so much work to be done, and there’s still so many things that need to be looked at and addressed.”

ZQ also spoke about the current cultural bipolarity toward the gay community, from gaining acceptance for gay marriage to teens being bullied and committing suicide.

“And again, as a gay man I look at that and say there’s a hopelessness that surrounds it, but as a human being I look at it and say ‘Why? Where’s this disparity coming from, and why can’t we as a culture and society dig deeper to examine that?’ We’re terrified of facing ourselves,” Zachary said.
justjared

he's very handsome. It's great that he is open to talking about those "taboo" situations

I thought he was out for a really long time now...

Not really a surprise, I think everyone in the industry (and most people outside it) knew. He's been rumoured to have hooked up with Jon Groff when he was doing his play on Broadway. But I'm glad he feels he can talk about it publicly now, it's always a positive thing when actors feel they can.

nyc...

when i found out that jamey rodemeyer killed himself - i felt deeply troubled. but when i found out that jamey rodemeyer had made an it gets better video only months before taking his own life - i felt indescribable despair. i also made an it gets better video last year - in the wake of the senseless and tragic gay teen suicides that were sweeping the nation at the time. but in light of jamey's death - it became clear to me in an instant that living a gay life without publicly acknowledging it - is simply not enough to make any significant contribution to the immense work that lies ahead on the road to complete equality. our society needs to recognize the unstoppable momentum toward unequivocal civil equality for every gay lesbian bisexual and transgendered citizen of this country. gay kids need to stop killing themselves because they are made to feel worthless by cruel and relentless bullying. parents need to teach their children principles of respect and acceptance. we are witnessing an enormous shift of collective consciousness throughout the world. we are at the precipice of great transformation within our culture and government. i believe in the power of intention to change the landscape of our society - and it is my intention to live an authentic life of compassion and integrity and action. jamey rodemeyer's life changed mine. and while his death only makes me wish that i had done this sooner - i am eternally grateful to him for being the catalyst for change within me. now i can only hope to serve as the same catalyst for even one other person in this world. that - i believe - is all that we can ask of ourselves and of each other.

zq.

- ZACHARYQUINTO.COM

oh, such a suprise
:wink::rofl:

i am allways happy when people are openly just what they are.
why waste your life to fake and hide?

I think it's great he decided to come out.

You would think that in today's day and age, sexuality shouldn't be of any concern or even be news for that matter, but sadly, it is. I don't think anyone should fear that their sexuality would hold them back in life, neither do I think anyone that is gay should have to come out. Why should anyone be expected to be straight when they're born? Anyway, I'm rambling.

I'm happy for Zac and respect him for not making a huge fuss by appearing on the cover of People with I'm Gay on it.

That Jamey Rodmeyer story affected a lot of people.

I'm so proud of Zach.
I don't think he came out earlier, but there indeed was an abundance of blogs speculating.

oh, such a suprise
:wink::rofl:

i am allways happy when people are openly just what they are.
why waste your life to fake and hide?

He was never faking it, he just never commented on it. I mean he wasn't pretending to be straight with beards nor did he ever deny being gay. Our society just sets straight as a default and just because a celebrity isn't out publicly somehow he/she is hiding it?

Anyways it's good for him to come out because of this cause but I hate the way society in general assumes that celebrities have to publicly announce their sexuality like it's newsworthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree completely. I don't understand why it's always such a big and so "shocking". It's doesn't change who they are inside. He did it casually and in passing and still people are going nuts.

I'm happy for him. It's been speculated for years but thankfully there's been no hate towards him. Can't wait for Star Trek 2.

He couldn't come out cause he was never in.
But, congratz!

Last edited by a moderator:
but he don't looks like a gay! i mean he's not gay! looks str8 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->