Ziyi Zhang

i never really understood what was so great about her... aside from her martial art skills that is. she face doesn't really change much when she portrays different emotions.

that black strapless dress is nice. dunno about the hot pink shoes/bag tho.. =P

i don't think there's anything GREAT about her...but i think she basically has zhang yimou to thank for her success :innocent: and not really her "talent"

She is an incredible actress.. I'm not crazy about her style, but she definitely CAN act.

shokay said:
i never really understood what was so great about her... aside from her martial art skills that is. she face doesn't really change much when she portrays different emotions.

I have to agree with you. I've never really understood why people think she is such a great actress. There are plenty of other asian actors who are more talented than her IMO. She's only popular in the western world because a couple of her movies have been rather big hits outside of Asia.

As for her being the prettiest Asian actress, I think Shu Qi is probably ten times prettier. I'm sure they could've found a good Japanese actress to play Sayuri but they probably wanted to cash in on Ziyi's so-called popularity right now.

she's not that amazing of an actress. Her success had a lot to do with being at the right place with the right people.
As for her style, I am not a huge fan either. It's been getting better though. around 2002-2003, it was just really blah. She always glows in her outfits which is very good.
She looked cute at the MTV Movie awards(and then she opened her mouth).

ninakp said:
she's so pretty.
she needs more love in this forum.
Agreed! I didn't use to like her but after watching The House of Flying Daggers i thought she really wasn't that bad.
Plus, she really can make clothes work for her, and has quite a beautiful face.
btw, i think people would definitely appreciate her more if they understand her language. She really is a good actress

Last edited by a moderator:
i was skeptical about her in 2046 -- i missed maggie cheung! but Ziyi Zhang was actually pretty good in it. i still prefer faye wong to her though.

i've just found some pictures of her....
just wondering...how come some people call her the most beautiful Chinese woman? :angry:

1740541338067.jpg

1741191338067.jpg

1741351338067.jpg

**Please sort pictures to fit the posting area**

^ Because beauty is not always perfection or the obvious. Ziyi Zhang seem to
have this elegant glow around her, a soft smile and dresses in things that are very flattering for her :wink:

I think she has an elegant look, and that's what makes her beautiful. She looks more stunning with her hair pulled back (I agree those pictures of her in the pink top are not very flattering). Some small pics (from Yahoo) of her in 2046:

Attachments

• 2046_3.jpg
    2046_3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2046_2.jpg
    2046_2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2046.jpg
    2046.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
I think she's beautiful, in comparison to other actresses. I don't see why we have to compare her to all other Chinese or Asian women but that is probably because so few break into Hollywood.

If you understand Mandarin, you will find that her dialogues are very unnatural in movies.
Meowmix is right, she gained famou because of the director and the commerial operation of her team. Maggie Chang, Fei Wang, Gong Li, etc are all better actresses than her. It's not about comparing her with other asian actresses, but about in what degree she is worth her fame.

Caffeine said:
If you understand Mandarin, you will find that her dialogues are very unnatural in movies.
Meowmix is right, she gained famou because of the director and the commerial operation of her team. Maggie Chang, Fei Wang, Gong Li, etc are all better actresses than her. It's not about comparing her with other asian actresses, but about in what degree she is worth her fame.

Is it true she gained fame from sleeping with some director? Apparently, it's in the gossip pages of Chinese magazines/papers a lot.

Interview Magazine October issue:flower:

(justjared.com)

i think she's gorgeous. i love her to bits! :smile:
53021513.jpg
image from getty.

ukfashionista said:
Is it true she gained fame from sleeping with some director? Apparently, it's in the gossip pages of Chinese magazines/papers a lot.

WHAT!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I highly doubt that. Never trust the gossip pages of Chinese magazines...I personally think the paparazi there is absolutely terrible.:angry: sorry not being rude or anything like that....It's just my opinion from past experiences of reading aboslutely ridiculous things in Chinese gossip newspapers,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->