Zooey Deschanel

purplelucrezia

Reaction score
She's yet another younger actress who's films I haven't yet seen, but who's fashion sense I have admired ever since came onto the scene. She always dresses very youthfully, yet always seems so retro at the same time. And maybe it's due to a stylist, but her outfits and makeup bring out her colouring so perfectly. I've noticed that she wears a lot of deep blues and reds, and bows and skirts. My perception is that she really enjoys "dressing up" and that she's good at it as well! This is one young star who isn't afraid of wearing colour, and doesn't just wear whatever's trendy this year. Also, besides dressing so well and being totally adorable, I would completely wear all of the outfits that I've seen so far...
:buzz:

Attachments

• buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 702
  • colours.jpg
    colours.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 436
I am totally in love with that second dress. As well, that combination of red lipstick and heels with it is just fantastic...
cute.jpg love.jpg

This was for an editorial, but- she wears MOD! :woot:
mod.jpg

Isn't that dress wonderfully pretty? I want to go vintage shopping so much right now...
retro.jpg

She was in Almost Famous and the Good Girl, by the way.
outfit.jpgvelvet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More colour.
sleeves.jpgtights.jpg

I've actually seen a dress really similar to that second one, and contemplated buying it before. I might go back and actually get it now!
zo.jpg

She's blasted wearing a bow! :shock: Do'ya think...
want.jpg

I wonder whether she can actually sing. Wonderful dress at least.
bow.jpgsing.jpg

Aww!
aw.jpgzooey.jpg

she was in a very good movie called "all the real girls." she's a talented actress, though her style is not for me.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 24 2004, 04:48 PM
I do remember her from Almost Famous and The Good Girl.
She's so very you purple. :wink:
[snapback]405648[/snapback]​
Thought so. :wink: :D I'm so bad with not watching people's movies...

Love this dress.
And love the top (no not in this context)

And you need to see Almost Famous, even if its music probably isn't your thing. :heart:

Attachments

• want.jpg
    want.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 80
  • sleeves.jpg
    sleeves.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 109
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 24 2004, 04:53 PM
Love this dress.
And love the top (no not in this context)

And you need to see Almost Famous, even if its music probably isn't your thing. :heart:
[snapback]405657[/snapback]​
Yeah, I'm not completely fond of that belt either.
Here are some stills from the movie, I should get it just for the outfits, I think. :lol:

famous35.jpg

Attachments

• still.jpg
    still.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 192
I have always loved Zoey :heart:

She is very stylish and VERY talented :heart:
very cool girl

She knows what works for her, and she sticks with it. She has picked a good style to complement her non-conventional beauty. Oh, and also see "All the Real Girls". It's a good movie, and she's the star of it.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 24 2004, 05:15 PM
My own fashion sense summed up in a single picture... :crush:
[snapback]405682[/snapback]​
OMG she looks like soo weird in the picture! She's soo thin looking :shock:

I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who likes her style! A few more pictures, just because she's cool. B)

cabanapreawards12.jpg
elfpremiere2.jpg

A closer view of that blue and white dress...

bigtroublepremiere8.jpg
bigtroublepremiere6.jpg

I very badly want to steal her pink coat! :evil:

goodgirlpremiere44.jpg
goodgirlpremiere8.jpg

(That sunglasses one I put in for you)

sundanceggportrait11.jpg

sundanceggp3.jpg

Television appearances. She makes me want to wear a hairbow. :blush:

lastcall55.jpg
2leno48.jpg

Her most recent appearance. :flower:

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 162
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 182
:heart: her style is adorable! :woot: I really like her as an actress, thanks for the topic & pics purple :flower:

Originally posted by tiffany@Oct 24 2004, 11:09 PM
:heart: her style is adorable! :woot: I really like her as an actress, thanks for the topic & pics purple :flower:
[snapback]405963[/snapback]​
You're very welcome.

I do love looking at pictures of Zooey Deschanel; she's so lovely. Did you know she sings (and plays ukelele) in a cabaret band - they're called If All The Stars Were Pretty Babies, if I remember corectly. However, the true main reason for my post (it actually got me registered!) was to tell you that the lovely dress that you oh so adore - the white one, forties style halter neck with blue polka dots?- is a dress designed by Milla Jovovich, so you need not worry about finding the next best thing at a vintage shop - you can just someday purchase it or know that it will always be there to purchase. It's such a lovely thing to think on.

[I apologize for not having a picture - I'm still figuring this all out]

Thank you for the thread :smile:

:woot: So she actually can sing- I was wondering about that!
This page has a bunch of pictures from the shows...
http://www.fedge.net/~zdeschanel/photos/pr...iesgallery.html

I had thought that it was maybe a sort of actorly publicity stunt, but I'm so pleased that she's legitimately interested. Definately makes me respect and like her more.

pbandmanifest3.jpg

Thanks for that information about the dress. That's pretty cool, all of these individuals with various hidden talents, it's really quite impressive! I likely wouldn't be able to actually afford a dress designed by her, but perhaps one day.

Also, it's wonderful to have you here... If you need any help with posting a picture, or finding an avatar or anything else, I'd be more than willing to help out. :flower:

deschanel.070902.jpg

i luv her sooo much!!!! i luved her in almost famous and the good girl, both great characters with great acting...i luv her style, i've being eying it forever, it's so her and so unique...(!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->