Louis Vuitton S/S 11 Paris

ummm...hmmmm.....interesting.
very far from LV
but interesting
animal prints, asian inspired dresses, colorblock
cant find a connection with any of those looks

Basically this collection is Vuitton thanks all those crazy Chinese customers for what they had bought in Paris/Hong Kong/Mainland boutiques even under this sort of recession...What a compliment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually don't hate this...maybe I just have a thing for Eastern influences in fashion. Some of the very structured kimono like dresses are very similar to Marc this season but I love them TBH.

so happy i didn't watch the stream now

this is damn awful

Chinese inspiration?Oh so original :rolleyes:
Roberto Cavalli SS03 and Etro FW10 immediately comes up to mind...just combine them and you got this ^_^
Anyway still better than that outdated collection from previous season

So I guess t*ts are out and legs are in?

I really don't know how I feel about this... it's the most "Marc Jacobs" LV collection I've seen in quite some time, which I think kind of takes away from some of the glamour I assosicate with Vuitton. I think I need to see more HQ's for a better feel of the quality.

Marc really has Saint Laurent on his mind this season. I like the idea of opium den/jazz club glamour of it all.

some pieces are excellent, but some are SOOO tacky...marc what are you doing? such a downgrade from last season

Was that a bejeweled tassle I spotted hanging from the shorts, in the lady's hoo-haa region?

I kinda like it in a weird way! Very very verryyyyy different from anything ive seen from LV. Marc looked adorable at the end. haha

Looks like I'm against the grain again to say that I actually like quite a number of pieces from this collection, much more than the "New Look" FW collection which I found to be frumpy and clumsy. He isn't the best at cutting or shaping, as is obvious from the badly fitted pieces but he's wisely stuck to a sleek, long silhouette and channeled a lot of the more flamboyant YSL DNA - the clash of colours, the animal, Chinoiserie, 70s disco glam. He's better at some of those memes than the others, but the matching accessories will definitely become cult items, and I wonder if the gold and lacquer red make-up could signal a LV venture into maquillage?
i'm right there with you zazie...
:P...

some of the pieces are clumsy, i agree...
but it's some of the best use of colour i have ever seen...
it's like a feast for my eyes!...
^_^

the panda makes me smile...
i thought that was cute and clever...
and just a little silly...but in a good way!...

Last edited by a moderator:
There were some amazing designs here. What ruins it for me are the zebra prints, in fact all animal motifs, and the glitzy, glossy, disco fabric. The fringe-y dots put me off too. Live tigers on the catwalk would have been awesome, competing with the horses at Hermès, lulz.
Nah, still have to give him something for doing a fun and colourful show in an otherwise quite boring Paris season.

wow I really really like this and you won't often hear me say that about LV!

I like it...it's fun and colorful
I love the Asian 70's disco glam...very YSL Opium

Wow...I'm not at all sure how I feel about this. It's kinda all over the place. Love the makeup though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->