Louis Vuitton S/S 11 Paris

i'm surprised by how much i like this. so glam! only have issues with all those jewel tones, they seem more fall than spring. and maybe those tassels embroidered onto the fabric.

some people might think it's not relevant, but the cuts and colorblocking fit right into the new minimalism that runs rampant these days. Marc just uses more color and makes it FUN!

^ I agree. Marc is making fashion fun again. Which can never be such a bad thing imho.

This is just so bad. :lol:
Being creative is one thing. Throwing together a bunch of completely mismatched and cheap design elements is another thing entirely.
And I totally support the Asianesque inspiration a lot of designers have done lately, but IMO this has got to be the worst attempt at it so far.

One "correct" collection in more than 3 years...........it's good, but for all the horrors i've seen at Vuitton, it doesn't deserve a "nice".

From the clothes and the prints to the presentation and styling, this is like a colourful Armani.

It's so bad that I wonder if that's actually the whole point. And if it's sort of a bit of a piss-take. The giraffe suit is just beyond hideous, yet, it made me laugh, especially with how seriously it seemed to be being delivered to us.

I don't know, I just think the whole thing has to have been done with some sort of tongue in cheek reference how utterly ridiculous it all was. Saying that, some parts of it were indeed beautifully crafted. The LV logo lace was again beautiful, and some of the beading was lovely as well. I wasn't a fan of the fringe type beading being placed on the crotch of a swim suit like outfit however... but again, I wonder if it was deliberate.

Either way I think it's a weak collection sadly, the bags don't do much for me either. Something about me quite enjoys the sequined panda though...

Well, at least he does YSL in a more interesting way as Stefano at YSL and better than any other designer who tried their hands on him this season. I always found Mr Saint Laurent tacky and too bold, but to me Marc does it in the most least hideous way, if that does make any sense.

And as I said before: this is most definitely a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the clothes and the prints to the presentation and styling, this is like a colourful Armani.
yes, that was the first thing that came to my mind.
i don't think it's bad, i do actually thing it's nice but it makes me wonder who the louis vuitton woman really is (someone asked this same question last season, i just don't remember who).

Ummm.. Mmm ahhh.. I love the trousers red and blue) worn by Jamie bochertcand the look worn by Hannah holman ( nude fringed dress) but I was really confused by a lot of it?

Ps.. To the comments about this being a joke or purposeful pisstake.. I can't really see that .. LV is a multimillion dollar company and in these times or anytime really in business you don't blow millions on a pisstake

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand this collection at all. To me, it is almost as if he is making fun of chinoiserie and the designers and artists who used it. For me, this ironic take on chinoiserie is absolutely not amusing.

Besides, what I despise about this collection is how literal it all is. I don't mind the references (even though they not my taste) but what I do mind is that Marc has not even bothered to interpret these references with a modern perspective. He has literally, I assume, taken a shape / silhouette from a book or what not, and embellished it / made it in a vibrant colour.

Overall, this is lazy and pretentious. And from what I saw, there is very poor craftsmanship in comparison to last season. I feel sorry for the women who will be coerced into buying into this kitschy mess of a collection.

His collection for his last season collection was so solid and classic- this....collection, has the appeal of a messy Armani look. Not the best collection.

^But quite honestly, I don't think Chinese women will be all-to-pleased with this cheap-looking attempt at their culture.

OMG! I agree with the cool crowd!!!! Yayyy!!

There are several pieces from this collection which I love love love!!!!

Ill admit that some of those chi paus looked REALLY bad and the play on the cut (high) and then some of the other monstruosities done to it left me like :shock:

But in between there were some amazing pieces .. and I dont like the stuff MJ does (most of the time) .. the colour palette is simply yummy!

Full Collection (via nytimes.com)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 3
  • 04.jpg