Christian Dior S/S 2007 : Gemma Ward by Craig McDean

While I think the setting is quite nice, the silvery tones of the Dior collection set against a matching background, Gemma's facial expression and poses seem a bit a awkward once you blow it up.

However, having said that, I quite like the last one ^_^

Thank Karina! :kiss: Karma :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful!. Although I don' t really like how she' s pushing her chin forward and why hold the shoes when you can wear them :huh:

It reminds me of the Stella ads from SS06 (Especially the eyewear), only with an actual backdrop.

Not bad, but not too impressive, either :heart:

The one flaw is the accessory placement. I get it, it's a marketing strategy and all, but they all look so weird being held like that. The shoes would have looked so much better if they were just haphazardly thrown on the sheets with Gemma.

Still, they are quite lovely.

Being one of my personal most anticipated ad campaign of the season, I'm a bit biased with my opinion on these. Holding the shoes as opposed to wearing them is a clever, if obvious, way of displaying the footwear, although the rest of the ads are somewhat mediocre.

i like them, but that version of the runway shoes seriously suck.

It's not horrible, but I don't like them. The poses look strangely forced and Gemma's expressions are just :huh:. More like a beginner's try than a step-below-supermodel effort.

i actually really like these, especially the one with those sunglasses, which i offically want

Last edited by a moderator:
Omgggggggggggggggggggg! I Am Through. I Am So Omggggggg! Gemma What Are You Doing To Me? Ill Be Back! I Cant Take It...she Looks Unfreakinbelievable!

Im sorry, but Freja and Gemma OWNED the ad world this year, IMO. Mind you, i understand that neither captured as many campaigns as some of the other girls, but the effort and artistry they created in their respective ads make the NUMEROUS attempts of other models, pale in comparison. I mean REALLY, who could do it like Gemma Ward in this SS ad? NO ONE! I dont seee where any of the poses are akward...HELLO!! Galliano said she was effecting zero gravity, so of course she had to give off some type of weirdness. All in all, i love these ads, and not because i am a Gemma fan, just because they are, as a whole, very strong representations of Dior!

I agree about the campaign didn't mark a major image shift, which is boring (for Dior's ad & Gemma's 1st Dior campaign) not kind of what i expected - so little bit dissapointed :( but Craig McDean has succeed for created "zero gravity" theme imo

i love the dress in post one, but gemma doesn't look like her there. looks more like julia dunstall IMO...
don't really like the ads, the hair bothers me. one pose like that maybe, but all poses? fome on mcdean. some originality once in awhile is a good thing

You know, I sort of like them. They're plain, but classic all the same. A little awkward, but I still like them for how simplistic they are and how easily you can see the details within the clothing.

i think the ads look good but i want to see Gisele works with Dior again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->