Vogue Paris September 2006 : Jessica, Snejana, Sasha & Gemma by Craig McDean

Lena said:
well, see, i like photos with movement as well but a whole issue based on movement pics can get a bit flat when its been repeated page after page.
i also find that some of those 'movement' shots are a bit unlucky, one needs to shoot too many poses to get movement right, and for a magazine of Vogue Paris standards the result seems a bit 'rough' to me.

after all visual uniformity kills the esthetic message, dont you think?

Yes, I think you are completely right about that. It's too much. I think it's ok for one issue but not as a standing forumla.

i just bought this issue... i think it looks much better on the paper than on the screen, it's awesome !!

taben said:
i just bought this issue... i think it looks much better on the paper than on the screen, it's awesome !!
Taben! you took the words out of my mouth! it's unquestionably an outstanding issue! Thanks Carine and Fabien! :heart:

:P

BTW, in case it hasn't been posted yet here is a bigger scan of the cover so that everybody sees that's it's actually good lool

sorry, my scanner doesn't like gold :(

Wow, it is alot better. Actually not so bad ^_^ I think it just screams "SUPERS!" :woot:

I'm still not into the cover. Maybe it's the leather hats? Anyways, I must have this issue simply because the editorials are gorgeous! Does anyone who lives in Vancouver or BC know where I can get Vogue Paris? I've never seen it at my local Chapters or newsstands.

shutterbug said:
I'm still not into the cover. Maybe it's the leather hats? Anyways, I must have this issue simply because the editorials are gorgeous! Does anyone who lives in Vancouver or BC know where I can get Vogue Paris? I've never seen it at my local Chapters or newsstands.
I know that you can get them at one of the big Chapters in Vancouver. I got my June/July copy there. I would recommed phoning the store first and asking if they have it in, or when they should get it, then ask if they can reserve you a copy :wink: Chapters.ca for phone details. Maybe you are going at the wrong time? Canada usually gets Vogue Paris very late. I expect that the September copy will only be in stores in Canada, when the October issue is already out in France.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Thanks for the scanned version! However... i didn't found the ISSN code in there.. :(

I'm loving the Affinités Electives editorial! What does it mean in English?

Anna-Maria, Du, Han Jin, Mariacarla, Natasha V., Sasha, Shalom looks amazing and everyone else looks great! Not a single shot I didn't like.

The tribute to Heather is sweet too! I like the editorial so far but shall wait before making judgement.

affinités électives = elective affinities lol

I've had this issue for a few weeks now... and I still don't like the contents. I don't like 'movement' editorials, I find them very hit-and-miss, and an entire issue filled with them... I felt it wasted the superb list of faces that appear in this issue. Love the cover though, love it every time I look at it. Four fresh and in-demand models walking arm in arm, laden with Chanel. I don't regret buying the issue though - I hope in time that I'll appreciate it more than I currently do, when I go back and look through the issue in a few months from now.

^ I agree
i haven't seen the magazine in paper but i'm disappointed. the editorials aren't bad, but they also aren't spectacular.

fantastic issue,just finished with it :smile:!
but still in the battle of september vogue,british took the first place this time 4 me.then french.

i got it yesterday, the cover is nice & everything too. i only flipped through it because as some of you know im not going to be on tfs for a while, so im saving it for nights of boredom... but it looks a super issue anyway

I'm currently living in Hong Kong and I'VE CALLED MILLIONS OF BOOKSELLERS AND IT'S SOLD OUT!!!! I'm so angry! Anyone know of a website where I can buy it from?

ShoeGal4Eva said:
fantastic issue,just finished with it :smile:!
but still in the battle of september vogue,british took the first place this time 4 me.then french.
OMG! It's out in Canada already?! No no no no! Please don't tell me it's sold out! Oh god...:cry:

^^hmmm... I have not seen it yet and I always get it guaranteed at my local news guy.... I really don't think it's out yet in Canada.

Why can't I find it anywhere in Holland? I've been in every Ako... Bruna whatever, that I know of and it's nowhere... I asked and it's supposed be in the assortment but it's nowhere. Is it just late or has anyone else in Holland found it already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->