tFS Fashion illustrations ... Please read Post #1 before posting your drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ParadEyes: Your one of my fave illustrators here!!

Final Major Project for college: Hayden Williams Modern Day Egypt Collection Part 1.

2e0smd3.jpg

Part 2.

w21ysg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, SATC is everywhere now so i illustrated SJP at the premeire in London. Loved the McQueen gown:heart:
sjp.jpg

4631058661_a1c5076ba4_o.jpg
4631058753_92e764486a_o.jpg

Two shoe sketches (sorry the quality isnt that awesome) and another two illustrations I did of fashion bloggers ^_^

4662604241_8f96f5f532_b.jpg

f20de441.jpg

hey, this is my first post. i just took some fashion drawing classes this year to improve my drawing. i would like to know an opinion about my drawings and if i could start to study fashion illustration.

Attachments

• SAM_0099 1.jpg
    SAM_0099 1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 36
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
  • SAM_0076 1.jpg
    SAM_0076 1.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the Fashion Spot, andra!

I'm not an expert on this ... I don't illustrate. But I'd say your long proportions are good on the figures and the details are clear and easy to see. I like how you have tried various positions to show off the clothing. To my eye, it's still a bit contstrained ... what I mean is, it's a bit stiff looking. That is good for some applications, but in others you might be asked to render it in a more flowing manner. So, I'd say that you could also learn make the fabric look a bit more fluid and the models a bit more natural in their poses, so that you can do both. More classes would certainly help you branch out and be able to offer several styles of fashion illustrations.

If you are interested in fashion illustration as a job or a career, you might be interested in these threads:

About Fashion Illustration as a Career
fashion illustration... dribble?

thank you for your opinion and advice. i will try to improve my drawings.

BetteT can you recommend a book from where i can learn to make my figures and clothes not to look so stiff. i have the illustration for fashion design 12 steps to the fashion figure-gustavo fernandez and the figure drawing for fashion design-the pepin press books.

Hello guys! You all are so talented *-* so, I'd like to read your opinion about one of my latests works:

5dkjeg.jpg

It's supposed to be Freja Beha from her Cowgirl Hero editorial but I know her face didn't turned out so well, anyways... xD

It's fab .... love the details of the fabric and how the leather of the boot looks shiny.

Dn't worry about the face. Fashion Illustration is not about faces ... it's about the clothes and how they drape on the body and the details of the garment. So actually, the less it looks like her... the better ... if you are actually doing a fashion illustration.

Just so everyone knows .... if you are making drawings of any person in particular and you are not focusing on the clothes or accessories ... then it is a "Portrait" and it should be posted in the Art & Design forum, in this thread: tFS Art Gallery #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I didn't know of that thread. I've got plenty of ideas to be drawn this summer! :P

And thanks for clearing that out, Bette. It is always nice to know what people think of your work, to improve. I hope to be posting a real fashion illustration soon! :D

Some great new work in here!!! :D

Here is my latest...

A nod to the swinging 60's and the glamorous Bond girls!

Perfect for Spring/Summer 2010.

219ym2q.jpg

Hey guys.. great to see this thread going :D
It's so much fun to see each and every one's way of interpreting colors ,shapes and aesthetic ...
2ec0shi.jpg

I'm not good drawer, I know. I want your opinions, do you think I'll can do it better if I study design? Thanks :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->