APC Jeans

I went down 3 sizes... cuz I normally wear 30, but sometimes I take a 29, so I guess that would be considered going down 2 sizes if you factor the 29s in...

The first week or so it was the same "problem" for me. Couldn't close the top button. But now i've had them for six months and they are so perfect.:P Always with raw denim, buy "as small size as possible" because they stretch really much after just some wear.

dieseldude03 said:
okay, I just got my first pair of APCs... they're the Unwashed Indigo New Standard Unisex Jeans... in a size 27... I love them, they feel great everywhere except for the waist, mainly because the top button doesn't button... i feel soooo fat right now... haha, but the bottom line is that I normally wear a 29/30 in Men's jeans... and a 24/25 in Women's jeans... I thought I got the right size? Now, I heard that if you wear them around the house and sleep in them, they'll stretch out, but I can't have a pair of jeans that don't button all the way... haha, sooooooo... my question is this... if I sleep in them for a week or so, will the top button eventually button or should I just exchange them for a 28? any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
dieseldude03 said:
okay, I just got my first pair of APCs... they're the Unwashed Indigo New Standard Unisex Jeans... in a size 27... I love them, they feel great everywhere except for the waist, mainly because the top button doesn't button... i feel soooo fat right now... haha, but the bottom line is that I normally wear a 29/30 in Men's jeans... and a 24/25 in Women's jeans... I thought I got the right size? Now, I heard that if you wear them around the house and sleep in them, they'll stretch out, but I can't have a pair of jeans that don't button all the way... haha, sooooooo... my question is this... if I sleep in them for a week or so, will the top button eventually button or should I just exchange them for a 28? any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Dudes and their "buying jeans as tight as I can thing" have got to stop, we end up with people not able to button their jeans. I'm about the same size as you, wear APC NS in size 28 and am quite satisfied with the fit, before and after some streching. If you keep the size 27 they will still fit you after a while but you could have bought a size 28, have them fit from the start and end up at pretty much the same size as when your jeans are less tight they stretch less to arrive at a normal fit.

i would have to agree having been in a similar situation, go for the size 28s.

i happened to buy a pair of cures(from bloodorange for those here in sydneY)
in a sz 30 in the vintage wash.. im disappointed!
somehow because i usually wear a sz 30 and i was looking for a slim jean.. they measure to be 34.. and are really baggy around the thighs.. im quite thin.. 5 '10 130 pounds and they dont fit me.. maybe its just a bad decision.. i want to buy a pair of those slim jeans in the indigo..

anyone who is interested in these sz 30 cures(if u wear 32 these should be fine) pls msg me.. i hate them! :(

why cant they make the slims in the jap selvedge! :(
luckily i have my fav veronique branquinho cigarette legs! :smile:

new_dawn_fades said:
somehow because i usually wear a sz 30 and i was looking for a slim jean.. they measure to be 34.. and are really baggy around the thighs.. im quite thin.. 5 '10 130 pounds and they dont fit me.. maybe its just a bad decision.. i want to buy a pair of those slim jeans in the indigo..

anyone who is interested in these sz 30 cures(if u wear 32 these should be fine) pls msg me.. i hate them! :(

did you not try them on first?

new_dawn_fades said:

Jap selvedge? You know where the jeans were made "made in" and where the selvedge cloth was made are two distinct things, I doubt you'd recognize japanese selvedge cloth if you saw it, not insult here, almost nobody would.

There are very few extremely tight jeans made of selvedge, you could look for julian red hoboken dry, check info about sizing first to achieve the look you desire.

i think he just means why are the cures the only non selvage apc model.

I am normally a size 30/31 in most jeans. I bought the "Hipster" model size 29 since it felt a little tight when I first tried it on, so I figured it might be okay. Now I regret not buying one size smaller since the butt part of the jeans right now kind of sags after a few wears.

With this, I now have to wash my jeans constantly so as to make it shrink and fit better.

Ultimately, it will be our individual preferences that would dictate what to buy. If you want a skinny fit and you're not planning to wash it for 6 months or so, then size down 2 or 3 inches. If you want a comfy fit and you're planning to wash the jeans regularly, then get the ones that you feel confortable in.

oh boy, i just read all 9 pages of this thread. some of it pertained to my question, but i'll post anyway - i bought the tightest i could fit into, per the sales person's instructions. i got a pair of standards, size 27, and they are tight. tight like sitting is uncomfortable and there is visible pulling at the button fly. here's my concern, it looks like the seam is seriously over-taxed. i am able to button the jeans, and that's what the sales person said was key, to get the tightest pair you can close, but, you know, my hips cracked a little when i did up the bottons :o :lol: has anyone ever had any trouble where the jeans actually tore or the seam ripped? i'm really not an alarmist but this seam looks like it's being pulled very close to tearing.

I'm equally annoyed with the sizing issue...I tried on the new cure the other day in size 28 and it fits great. It's tight but that's exactly how I want it to look like, but I KNOW it will stretch out a lot after wear so I asked to try on the 27. The 27 fits a little differently from the 28. The thigh area is a little saggy, I guess since 27 is from the female line it has a bigger seat to accomodate the hips, and the inseam is too short. I am 6' and 128 lb with flat *** and fuller thighs...should I take my chances and order the 28 or just forget about APC all together :unsure:

so in a size 27 the new cure are cut for women? did they expressly say so at the store?
the sa helping me and her coworker both insisted that the golden rule for buying apc unwashed jeans is to buy the smallest possible size you can manage (when i came out of the dressing room to return the size 26 saying that i couldn't close them, they asked with distrust for me clarify, could i really not close them, or were they just painfully tight, because painfully tight is the way to go). personally, since the standards seem like such an amazing cut for me, rather then give up on apc, i would suggest you try one of their other styles, if the problem is that the new cure in 27 is effectively a different pair of jeans (i am surprised to hear that they are different from the 28 only because one of the managers there recently told me that 29 is the smallest men's size for jeans, so if you're already in a size 28... well, the 27 ought to be the same cut by smaller).

Hmm...really? The SA told me that the smallest men's size in the new cure, I don't know about other styles, is 28 and that 27 is made to fit females so they are cut slightly different. They do look different on me too so I guess they are correct :huh: I'm looking for a super slim skinny jeans and the APC new cure is so far the best I've seen so I don' think I want another style..but if the sizing is really that confusing then I rather look around more for the perfect pair...I've had wasted too much money on jeans that stretch out that I need to be more cautious :judge:

the stretch out factor is definitely what i'm trying to figure out here. the sa said the other comfortable sizes were fitting all wrong until i came out in the painful pair of 27s.

I bought some new cures about a week 1/2 ago. I had to sleep in them for a week straight, just so I could finally close the very last button.

Now they close, so I can wear them around and goto school, but they still are a tad uncomfortable to sit in. I usually wear a size 29/30 and I got a 27.

well that sounds promising. being femme, rather then the top button, i am more worried about the middle buttons on the standard.

Which jean do you recommend? I heard the "Cure" ones were amazing. I'm looking for bootleg without any high waisted or akward fit.

for girls the sizes for the slim jeans only go to size 25. I'm either a 25 or 26 so what does that mean? or do girls even need to buy a smaller size because we have curves? and why does APC cost so much now? didn't they used to be cheaper like pieces for around $100 + because it's become $150-250 price range.

I;m still confused about the sizing, some people say one smaller, some say 2.. Generally I am a 32 in Levi's and other brands most of the time...would a 30 or 31 be better? Im wanting to get the new standards, but nothign overly tight..I dont want anything skin tight after the stretch.,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->