Asian Eyes

^ well just like girl from other ethnic back ground, you always take your very own complexion in account first (i.e. I am on the pale/transculent end with dark brown hair and Golden Brown eyes, so i tend to pick shadows that have a soft/sheer texture with a bit more cooler tone) and what you like.

That being said, the safest bet would likely be a base shade that can applied across the entire eyelid (something soft and slightly shimmerly/pearly and close to ur skin color) and a dark, smoky shade that can be used as a liner (whatever colour and texture you like as long as it is dark and smoky).

Or you can try two harmonizing (blue/green, orange/gold) or contrasting shade (purple/gold, lime green/pink or even blue/yellow). apply one shade from middle to inner corner of the eyes, while the other shade goes from outer corner to the middle of the eyes. You can apply eyeliner before or after the shadow.

Finally invest and good highlighting shade that can used as highlight for face too, because you can use that for you eyes too.

i havent been playing with makeup very much lately.
too busy with school(two very long days a week) + work(nearly everyday)
= *zombie Kae*

you can see my tirednessness in my eyes...it doenst help that i took these photos in bed!
everyday for school and work, ive been doing this simple 'natural' look. just a gorgeous pearly neutral shadow from the Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette that i love because its not too taupey(greyish) and its not too peachy(i dont like how peachy eyeshadow can look super orangey on camera).

paired with my favorite Teddy, my sister says this is still her favorite liner on me :smile: i havent worn Smolder at all lately, im considering returning it. the blueness of it gets on my nerves, it just clashes with everything unless im doing blue but its not like i can do blue everyday...i mean i can but i dont want to! i love this look because it goes with every outfit, no worries about my makeup and clothes clashing or being too matchy matchy. and it's just enough to look like i put in some effort at 6am!

violanaturelle01.jpg

violanaturelle03.jpg

violanaturelle02.jpg

violanaturelle04.jpg

photos of me by me

Last edited by a moderator:
^ this is the same look but with natural lighting.

having to photoshop my sh*t drives me crazy because im so imcompetent when it comes to this kind of stuff...

took this in the afternoon so the original turned out orangey, this is only with 'auto contrast'
naturallightjanuary004a.jpg

and this is with the 'auto levels'...i would say this is more accurate but slightly greener. note : my comforter behind my head is a pale whiteish pink in real life so take that into account.
naturallightjanuary004b.jpg

i love this look on everyone not just Brown Eyes. its great on Asian eyes too because its really simple, just one good eyeshadow thats not too light or too dark. there is no obvious contouring going on. i do like to deepen the color in a subtle way by concentrating more on the eye socket but still keeping it soft and blended.

me Me ME!

Wow Kissa, your eyes are gorgeous and your eyebrow are like perfect too. :wink: Love the natural goldish-beige eyemake up. Very classy. Is that black or brown eyeliner?

thank you MissyJG

oh lawd, those brows were a lot of work. they used to be sooo thin then i had the ugly growing out phase...shown below *eep* im lucky they are so dense so now that i lighten my brows i dont need brow powder. i think even when i do go back to darker hair i'll probably dye them brown instead of natural black. its much softer on my features and much much less upkeep. for me, when they are black you can totally see if its out of place or needs trimming etc

my brows are naturally more arched than they are currently...you know they always say follow the natural arch to look more natural. i did and it was a pretty brow no doubt but i dont think it fit my face. it had more 'attitoode' than i would like lmfao. so unlike most people i know who want more more more arch im like nahh less for me so i changed them gradually now its not hard to keep them this way :smile:

naturaleyeshadow.jpg

^ ive mentioned this before, my 'natural eyeshadow' is peachy! people ask me what eyeshadow im wearing...im like *nothing*(<- lol if youve seen new Russell Peters videos you will get my reference). the peachy shows sometimes under neutral shadows if i dont cover with foundation. but mostly i leave it uncovered as helpful guideline on where to apply my eyeshadow! like how high i can go without looking too dramatic O_O because its follows the shape of my eyes. hmmm in this photo im wearing Maybelline Full n Soft mascara in Black ...it looks better in person lol not as photogenic as Maybelline Lash Stylist has been for me. i think its because Full n Soft is more buildable, you wont get the *wow* without a lot of coats where as Lash Stylist, you get a lot of bang in the first coat.

MissyJG, im using my coveted MAC Teddy Kohl liner which is a shimmery bronze brown.

source : ME ME ME

listen up! Last Call, Electrolady!

my look for the Annual Xmas Dinner for work last night(Saturday). i wanted color but not too heavy so i kept the colors sheer because everyone was dressed very casually. i was one(of two) of the most dressed up in burgundy vee neck long slv, dark grey skinny jeans, and black ankle boots.

lastcallelectrolady.jpg

lastcallelectrolady02.jpg

lastcallelectrolady03.jpg

* Urban Decay Last Call e/s purply burgundyish on the lid with fluffy brush
* MAC Naked Lunch frost e/s neutral shimmer(88 dupe!)on browbone with fluffy brush
* MAC Electrolady Liquid Last dark vibrant purple liquid liner on top and bottom

Naked Lunch is described by MAC as a light pink but its more of a neutral to me. i dont mind because i loveeee pink e/s. the makeup artist suggested Jest but i nixed it because i said no to peachy colors. Naked Lunch was the first color i picked up and swatched. its similar to the one featured in my Neutral Look now i dont have to worry about hitting pan in my 88 Palette :smile:

source : yours truly

I like your natural makeup. I also use that as my daily make up, a bit of gold and brown eyeliner. Works wonder. Gotta try to post pics too.

Keep on posting! I love seeing how you combine colors.

I love the natural colors but I usually only use my eyeliner. I'm afraid I'll look like a clown or that it's a little too much make up for school even with only natural browish colors. At my university (or should I say city) hardly anyone wears make up.

thx stl, yesterday i bought MAC Naked Lunch. its a neutral with subtle pink undertones instead of the usual peach. im lovin' it so far. of course i pair it with my favorite MAC Teddy brown liner.

nakedlunch01.jpg

nakedlunch02.jpg

nakedlunch03.jpg

im not big on brow highlight eyeshadows but if i remember its always nice to add a little something to that part of the eye to give it the same shimmery texture as the rest of the eye. i used Naked Lunch as highlight in the Last Call, Eletrolady! look because the pink undertone went with the pinkiness of the purpley burgundy eyeshadow, Last Call by Urban Decay. its just my personal preference but im not into opaque super white or silver brow highlights, i prefer it to be a subtle accent.

source : kissykae

Yeah I've always thought she was a native American too. She doesn't look one bit Chinese so I'm not sure if she qualifies looks-wise to be in this topic. lol. Pretty though.

^ lol i learned how to do my eye makeup by watching her on Smallville. seeing what worked on her helped me :smile:

^Her eyes look very western though no? But she uses very natural colors so it's safe and should work on most people I think. And I think you could probably get away with a lot of things :wink:

i think her hazel eyes make them stand out but by the shape i could tell she was Asian. like if they were brown, they would look a lot more so.

it was amazing way back when Smallville started out that they had a Hapa(half Asian, half Caucasian) actress as a lead on television. there are a lot of Hapa's in my city so it was nice to see that in mainstream media!

actually on the show they used a lot of crazy colors on her, i just posted some of the more neutural ones for now. theyve done pinks, corals, blue, some blue greyish, smokey black, yellow, gold, green, purple etc oh her. i'll probably post more later if i can find them.

00kkdks17.jpg

Kristin Kreuk in Seventeen Magazine, a sheer wash of green. so pretty for Spring!
(took forever to post this one photo! omg my comp is so slow right now lol)

i didnt play with eyeshadows for a while. mostly because i preferred a really natural look either just mascara everyday or mascara with a bit of Teddy liner. but it was also hard sometimes to find colors that worked on me. i go for more medium e/s shades now for just one wash of color. i would say even though i do love color i like to keep it simple and not too much contouring(not for daily wear, special occasions maybe). sometimes if a color is very light its beautiful upclose but from far away i feel like it can flatten my eyes thats why i often times just wear none and my 'natural eyeshadow' brings out my eyes already. and dark e/s...im just lazy lol! it takes too long to blend and i dont like how some colors give me shark eyes(makes my brown eyes look black) like matte dark browns/greys but i do like shimmery dark blues, purples etc

i've seen some beautiful makeup looks on Models Du Juan and Hye Park too. im sure some of them have already been posted earlier in this thread but hopefully i can find more inspirations because there are so many different Asian eye shapes :smile:

DKS

I think she looks half asian for sure , not completely caucasion! You can kinda tell if you have half asian friends anyways shes beautiful thank you kisseblekae :smile:

Sorry to go off topic but I think without a lot of the 'styling' she looks rather more half asian here , just goes to show what makeup can do :wink:

kk0ye1ol.jpg

^ aw WerbowyStegner i remember seeing that picture, its so cute!

00nico.jpg

00nico02.jpg

00nico03.jpg

Kristin Kreuk, smokey grey

DTS, KK.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back