Best long lasting makeup (No budge - No smudge, No Transfer, Waterproof)

lovespell

Reaction score
I work long hours, roughly 9 to 11 hours a night. I can apply a full face of make up, but less then half way through the night it is all worn off! It drives me nuts. I'm on stage, and dancing all night, but there has to be SOMETHING that can hold up. I don't mind doing some blotting with rice paper, and dabbing on some powder and lip gloss, but I hate having to reapply everything. It's a waste of time.

Also, I'm working under blacklights, and the lighting totally throws me off. What I apply in the dressing room ends up looking totally different once I'm on stage.

What make up should I be trying? Any advice on application, ect to get the longest lasting wear?

How do the celebs do it? :innocent:

My personal experience is that any eye shadows by Christian Dior is simply
terrific. I wore the eyeshadow for 10 hours straight, during my flight from london to India. At the end of the journey, it looked as if I had applied it recently.

Also, if you want your make up to stay on longer I strongly recommend a
good primer to be applied before your foundation. I myself use the one from
NARS, but there are many others to choose from.

Hope that helps :flower:

Rimmel lipsticks last so long.. They are like a creamy stain on your lips.
I love them, and cheap!

I think a primer is definitly what I need. I just bought one for my eyes from Elizabeth Arden, but I need one for all over my face.

Didn't cover girl just come out with a foundation/primer mix? I'm a bit skeptical about it though... Wonder if anyone else has used it.

Really about the Rimmel lipsticks? I never would have though! I know their eyeshadows don't last for long, so I never bothered trying them. I will have to run to Walmart and pick up a few.

Am also looking for that perfect red, but that's an ongoing game. I'm beginning to think it doesn't actually exsist!

someone on here (sorry i forgot who), recommended She'Laq to me.. you paint this clear liquid over whatever make up (eyes, cheeks etc) & it dries clear & keeps your make up on until you wipe it off with remover! it really works, your make up will not shift or change at all, particularly eye shadows!

lovespell said:
I think a primer is definitly what I need. I just bought one for my eyes from Elizabeth Arden, but I need one for all over my face.

The NARS one is for the face, I recommend it. But some people on here has said
appearently NARS can damage your skin or something. However, I've been
using this one for over a year now and everything seems to be ok for me :unsure:

I heard YSL and Smashbox has some really good primers too.

Fashion_Hottie said:
someone on here (sorry i forgot who), recommended She'Laq to me.. you paint this clear liquid over whatever make up (eyes, cheeks etc) & it dries clear & keeps your make up on until you wipe it off with remover! it really works, your make up will not shift or change at all, particularly eye shadows!

That sounds amazing! Where can I get it?

Golden Butterfly, I've never had any experience with NARS. How can it damage the skin? I've always wanted to try that brand, because I've heard such amazing things about the NARS blush in Orgasm. Is it really as wonderful as everyone says?

lovespell said:
That sounds amazing! Where can I get it?

Golden Butterfly, I've never had any experience with NARS. How can it damage the skin? I've always wanted to try that brand, because I've heard such amazing things about the NARS blush in Orgasm. Is it really as wonderful as everyone says?

Yupp :wink:

It sounds like a pan makeup might be what is appropriate.. but here's an alternate idea ... makeup that's held up for me through *humidity* and heat etc. ... I've tried a ton of expensive brands but love Revlon's Colorstay in the lightweight/natural formulation. It's like it actually melds w/your skin. Five minutes later i can press a white washcloth or tissue on my skin and no color comes off. (Maybe exploring the whole ColorStay line might be of use.) For brows I favor a wet powder line, and same for eyeliner (I use various.) Lip and cheek stains (w/no silicones) may be worth experimenting with... they're in the 'can't really wipe them off' category in that they meld with your skin. I'm not saying this is necessarily wonderful for your skin, so a good cleanser at the end of the night would be advisable.

Aside from that, Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish pan makeup got me through high school and stayed on, but needs blotting or powder to set it so you aren't shiny.

she laq - gods give to girls it makes ur make last 4 hours

also rimmel do a 3 day lipgloss and mascara, worth a shot

you could always try the brand Derma Blend- its used to cover scars etc so its excellent
i dont know if you have it where you are but its really good
it stays on until you take it off with make-up remover- you can swim in it and your sweat wont take it off. Its really good under light as well.

If you need more info on it PM me and i can give you more info

Try Primer FX from Estee lauder like Golden Butterfly told you. Or MAC strobe cream. Good Foundation on stage I know Kanebo is best, also MAC and Make up Forever. If you have now a cream foundation, apply with wet sponge, it will be lasting.

I just discovered an affordable product that keeps eye make-up budgeproof and creaseproof.
It's by Loreal, called De-Crease.
It works as a base for cream and powder shadows.
So far, it seems to work very well.

MAC Fluidlines --> completely budge-proof eyeliner
when i was interning this summer, i had on the liner at 7AM, came back home at 7PM, and nothing moved at all.

For foundation, I really like Lancome Teint Idole Ultra... all day later it's still on and looks great. Secondarily, Revlon Colorstay natural foundation - both of those have similar effects. My skin actually looks better and clearer after the Lancome though.

For the other stuff, I'd recommend trying stains. I like Vincent Longo lip stains. Clinique has some decent cheek stains.

i'm assuming you've tried the theatrical makeup stores or sites... if not - it's a great go-to.

dermablend ought to last long..
the she-laq will help as well.
i've tried a creamy ben nye - it's good but wouldn't advise if you're sweating a lot and touching your face.

She Laque to seal eyeliner, mascara, lipstick (I wouldn't I'd use it over blush tho'..)
Laura Mercier Primer (on the entire face prior to foundation)
Prestige Cosmetics (drugstore label in the states) waterproof eyeliner get rave reviews on mua..I'm having a friend buy it for me..so I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Any of those usually horrendous lipssticks that change colour on your lips (eg they come in yellow, orange, green and blue and turn various shades of red and pink on your lips) ..those suckers stain like crazy..only problem is that most offen the colour is rather crude looking..

Like gruveechick says, you really should try the theatrical makeup if you're going on stage...it's made specifically for hours of sweating under the lights. Performers sometimes use Mac and Shu onstage, so you may want to check them out too.

As for lipstick, nothing holds a candle to Max Factor's Lipfinity line. Apply once in the morning, and it stays ALL DAY (and then some). :P It saves me a lot of hassle and time, and is good for daily use and comes in many many shades. Some people find the texture cakey and drying but it's fine if you use the gloss/balm that comes with it. Onstage, though, you may need something w/more pigment and a greasy sheen to it...

For dailyuse, like Plastic says, Rimmel's aren't bad either, esp. if you blot,transluscent powder, and reapply. They are more creamy and light than Lipfinity.

Have you asked your colleagues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->