Best long lasting makeup (No budge - No smudge, No Transfer, Waterproof)

just curious, if these certian products are supposed to be longer lasting and smudge proof... aren't they harder to take off at the end of the day? If so, how would you go about doing so without too much effort?

Really! ( Re: Guerlain ) , I'd love to try it! I'm so easily scared of primers that make me break out.

Well in my case, I have this facial wash that totally washes off any trace of makeup plus I also tone my skin before sleeping to get rid of all the residues, makeup, etc :smile: My makeup's mineral makeup so I don't really have trouble with it.

Nothing other than liquid liner. I draw all over my face with it and end up looking like Siouxie Sioux (sp?) but I love it.

Oh and I use eyeshadow over my lipstick. That will stay (ish). And the brighter your lipstick the better because it will stain.

i recently bought lancome teint idole ultra and it's fantastic :heart:

inAbottle said:
just curious, if these certian products are supposed to be longer lasting and smudge proof... aren't they harder to take off at the end of the day? If so, how would you go about doing so without too much effort?

I use a remover with a formula for waterproof eyemakeup (Maybelline), it can also take off lipstick. Since I wear Studio Fix over Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream, which makes it ultra waterproof, I use face wash gels with peeling particles in it. I have very oily skin, so my skin doesn't react to the daily use

I can go swimming, dive in my head a few times and my makeup won't come off... Additionally to my foundation Combo above I use MAC e/s with a primer (Artdeco, MAC Shadestick), YSL Aquaresistant Mascara. For lips I've combined MAC Lipstick and Chanel Glossimer, the water just "pearled" away like water would do with oil...

Waterproof Makeup

Hay ppl, kay so I`m looking for sum makeup that is like waterproof like if you for example get some water on it that it won`t go away, wash away. I know there are sum that claim they are but really they aren`t..any ideas...??Wat`s sumthing good....??
-thanxx.:flower:

prettypeach said:
Urban Decay Primer potion for the eyes. So darn good.

Yes I have heard this stuff is great for stopping the creasing, I have yet to try it but it is on my list.

I hear NARS pretty much stays forever and also MAKE UP FOREVER they supposedly have great products especially concealers that dont go anywhere all day.

So as soon as i get paid I will have to try a few and let you know if they work ^_^

My mom and I use Dior eyeliner and MAC. She was wearing a lot of Dior and MAC makeup when we went to Marine WOrld and got wet a lot there and suprisingly her makeup didnt smear at all! and it wasnt even waterproof.

L'oreal Paris Volume Shocking Waterproof Mascara...that stuff doesn't even come off with eye make-up remover! and my long used Almay liquid eye liner...that remains in my face until I take it off with make-up remover(but water makes it come off too) and if you're looking for a waterproof eyeliner i suggest Maybelline Great Wear Budge-proof/waterproof eyeliner...and that doesn't come off until you take it off with eye make-up remover

It never looks like I'm wearing makeup! How to get staying power ?

So, this is a problem i've seemed to encounter lately.

I got my hair cut short and I sometimes think I might look dowdy... or something. I wear bare minerals foundation, warmth, and luminous powders every day along with mascara, sometimes eye shadow, and black eye liner.. but i always seem to look ... even half hour later.. like I am bare skinned (and I have splotchy skin, ick!)

Is there a solution to making me look like I'm wearing makeup or look more feminine! I am not naturally blessed to rock the "natural" look :unsure:

Should I apply more? Wear different makeup? ahh I feel so ugly!

Let me preface by saying, you're not supposed to look like you're wearing makeup!! It's a good thing to look natural....

But for a more feminine look...
I'm not a pro so take this advice or leave it but I wouldn't pack on foundation (when your hair is out of your face it will be too obvious) but definately spot cover 'flaws' with concealer as good skin is important. I would focus on dramatic lashes (wear falsies for going out at night) as well and maybe wear earrings? You could always look up photos of celebs who have short hair and see what type of makeup they wear to pull of the look.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to try a primer under your makeup, which will make it stay put longer - Smashbox makes a good one. And I agree that concealer is important too.

Are you wearing anything on your lips? I think a good lipstick or gloss can make anyone look feminine, even it's the only makeup you're wearing.

if your skin isn't textured (meaning there's no bumps or big pores) then you can just do is prime (fix+ from mac is fabulous) spot cover up uneven skintone, use a very light reflective foundation, and then while the foundation is wet, just seal it on the cheekbones and jaw line with some fabulous mineral skinfinish with some sort of iridescence. That will give you a flawless, glowy look and you probably won't need nothing else but FIERCE SKIN.

cause that's all you'll want to have, then just brows and lashes :wink:

I've learned that those mineral powder foundation are super lame on most people, especially if you tend to have the slightest oily skin, it will all be absorbed or rubbed off easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses..

:lol: good point fabulyss, I suppose I worded it wrong. What I mean is I always look like those "celebs caught without makeup" features in Us Weekly.

Good tips, I think I might have to give up using bareminerals only.. I have combo skin with larger pores.. but I'm completely lost on makeup skills. maybe a visit to the foundation thread is in order.

My face just seems to absorb everything.. When I paint my face for football/hockey games it is gone by midgame... my skin is magic or something :ninja:

I'm with Ale in this. Primers really work wonders. I also like to smear YSL Teint Parfait all over my face (in 5, gives me a matte, sunkissed face) and dot MAC Strobe on my cheekbones, a lil on my forehead and bridge of the nose. But like a lot of people on MUA said, Teint Parfait only really work when the skin in question is blemish and discoloration free.

Why not take the long road, get a proper skin care set and start building up that skin from the grounds up?

Mascara, Concealer, light foundation and Lipstick/Gloss is honestly everything that a girl needs on an everyday basis. Though I'm a guy, so you can really say I'm just talkin outta ma craphole XD.

So...it's primer, then concealer, then blush/strobe cream/tinted glow enhancer? I don't need much coverage, no need for foundation.

strobe cream doesn't really replace blush. it's a white-ish. glimmery, iridescense cream. I'd say go with the strobe cream first before you apply the blush.

strobe cream is good when you dont have a textured skin and can be applied all over the face before liquid foundation to create an amazing glow.

I use it most on eyelids as an eyeshadow primer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->