Bono Slams 'whingeing Rock Stars'

so do i, but i still hold my position on this and for nemova, you're actually quoting something from two of the biggest annoying pompus ***es in britain of the 90s when they mattered at least. Always fighting with each other and others, hmm....nope! :huh: :P

Originally posted by tangerine@Dec 8 2004, 10:56 PM

It is only my opinion that Kurt Cobain complained too much about his success. It is my opinion that when you have a child, that child's welfare is more important than your own. I think it is a tragedy that Kurt died when he did, the way he did, but it is his daughter who will have to live with it the longest.

I do respect your point of view. :flower:
[snapback]457477[/snapback]​

i understand what you are getting at....my point is this...cobain was depressed and his complaints about fame stems from the fact that he could not handle his fame because of his depression...its not that he wasnt appreciative of it...it is just that it was too much to handle....also, im sure cobain that his daughter's welfare was more important than his own, but once again, when you are suicidal you cant think as clearly as we can to understand the implications for your children...its unfair that we are applying the same standards of rationality that we have on someone who was clinically depressed to the point where he committed suicide

Originally posted by sugarpea@Dec 8 2004, 09:08 PM
i understand what you are getting at....my point is this...cobain was depressed and his complaints about fame stems from the fact that he could not handle his fame because of his depression...its not that he wasnt appreciative of it...it is just that it was too much to handle....also, im sure cobain that his daughter's welfare was more important than his own, but once again, when you are suicidal you cant think as clearly as we can to understand the implications for your children...its unfair that we are applying the same standards of rationality that we have on someone who was clinically depressed to the point where he committed suicide
[snapback]457573[/snapback]​

It seems that we are having an a priori discussion about whether or not his depression precluded him from getting some kind of help that might have diverted him from suicide. I believe that it need not have, and you believe it did. I am no expert on this matter so I will acknowledge that you may be right. :flower:

Now, does anyone know who Bono was talking about? :huh:

my thing was would they (media) have given the same kind of leniency (spelling) if he was just soem average regular joe who did that?

Originally posted by kragirl@Dec 9 2004, 12:32 AM
my thing was would they (media) have given the same kind of leniency (spelling) if he was just soem average regular joe who did that?
[snapback]457618[/snapback]​

i dont see how this is relevant...a man, regardless of his talent, committed suicide....he shouldnt be condemned for his actions. because when you are suicidal you dont think the same way other people do...

i'm saying he should condemned and verbally crucified or anything, but i'm just asking, not so irrelevant, otherwise i wouldn't have asked at all....

Originally posted by kragirl@Dec 9 2004, 01:48 AM
so do i, but i still hold my position on this and for nemova, you're actually quoting something from two of the biggest annoying pompus ***es in britain of the 90s when they mattered at least. Always fighting with each other and others, hmm....nope! :huh: :P
[snapback]457548[/snapback]​

I know, I mentioned four people that I absolutely hate in the same sentence. But I still agree with the Gallaghers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->