• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Chanel No. 5 : Audrey Tautou and Travis Davenport by Jean-Pierre Jeunet

I love the film, I could watch it all day. Now I just can't wait for the print ad.

Me too. The film is quite endearing, which I prefer to the Nicole's version,
which is kinda of overpolished and hyperreal almost to the extent of unbelievable to me :unsure:

It leaves quite an impression on me after watching as compared to Nicole's version too

i am the only one who just REALLY cannot stand her, i don't think she is pretty at all........

When i saw the commercial i was left with a feeling of ''Thats it?''I thought there was going to be a grand finale or something more theatrical.The cinematography is quite beautiful ,but too boring compared to tehir previous.

ITA. It's certainly beautifully done and I love the feel and setting of the ad, but there is nothing memorable, magical or spectacular about it image wise. Even though Nicole's ad was a bit sickly at least it had a bit of glamour and continuity. I felt as though I had just watched a short film with a chunk of it missing in the middle, but still it will be interesting to see the print ads.

I'm a lil scared watching the ad..don't know why
What a creep :lol:, especially at the boat. He's literally watching her all the time :ninja: :ninja:

for me the biggest miss here was the absolute lack of couture-showcasing.
did we forget chanel actually makes clothes? how did we go from the huge feathered couture dress nicole escaped in, and the beautiful black dress with the sparkling Nº5 on her back to basically... tank tops :ninja:

so until now, the number 5 woman was someone who everyone else admired, free-spirited, seeking an escape, true love, blah blah blah.... nicole's character basically

and from there, we go straight into the tiny old-train-cabinet of some lonely-and-poorly-dressed-tourist, who by the way is a stalker that would let the random-hot-guy-next-door get close and friendly for the people in the station to see

god! and here i thought recession wouldnt hit us so hard!!

^OMG ITA so much. Hmm, let's see what would I rather be a poorly dressed, lonely tourist being chased by a stalker or the worlds most famous actor, wearing couture with hot Brazilian guy in love with me - tough decision.:unsure::ermm:

^^ and who would i love to be.... a bohemian writer living in the apartment with the most beautiful views over an amazing city, with the most famous actress, who wears couture of course, and loves me
or the indecisive dumb guy who cant decide if he wants to get in bed or not with the messy-hair-stalker? (let's not forget she is a bit of a stalker too... the pictures thing is rather creepy)
... tougher! :lol:

regarding only filming aspects, the whole thing is also way "too amelie"... the colours, the rhythm, the change of sets, the characters, the silence, the attraction between the two characters...
the whole thing ends up looking very french (which can be good!), but not at all paris! or at least chanel's paris!

i wonder what karl thinks of this

Last edited by a moderator:
^Well, it is by Jeunet...can't really escape the Amelie vibe, especially when Audrey is involved :wink:

The commercial is just bedazzling.

The movie/commercial was nice. It looked good. The end was the best part.

I hope that for the printcampaign they use something like Audrey in bed at around 0:40. She looks stunning in that shot.

this ad is awesume and ****S all over Kidman and Lurhman

hum ... doesnt seem very Chanel indeed .. very subtle ... I like though .. and if you dont, you will see it a gazillion time from here to xmas, so good luck

me too
it doesn't feel very chanel like nicole kidman's did but still it has a warmer, less fake feeling.

The Gift from CHANEL
A propaganda for new AdCampaign
39608682.png

^That's nice. Where did you get the photo from?

meh...

I agree with borjacapella, they forgot that Chanel makes clothes too...

and they choose to showcase the boho side of Audrey, stripped down of all the possible glamour and everything else a woman use to be and feel more beautiful...which makes sense if they want to sell the perfume as everything a woman needs...just sell the perfume...I wish she looked a bit chicer

also, not very catching soundtrack...nobody talks...and Audrey looks very boring thru the film imo...not a single smile...or a warn gesture...nothing showcases her wide range of emotions...all in all I honestly think Travis does a better job :ninja:

I guess they went this way in this critic times...

right now I still preffer Nicole's commercial, even when the print ads weren't my favorites.

:heart: I'm so happy to finally see the print ad.
It's not groundbreaking but it's beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->