galison

219165866_48be2eeaec.jpg

spaceball.gif

219165865_44799b87a4.jpg

flickr ~ Linzie Hunter

^Oh yes!!!

I did too, and now it is one of my daughters favourites^_^

Publication of La Vilaine Lulu

Françoise Sagan encourages Yves to publish the comic strip that he had started drawing in 1955 when he worked at Dior.
In the preface, Yves Saint Laurent remarks that contrary to Flaubert who wrote, “I am Madame Bovary,” “I am not La Vilaine Lulu.”
His character was inspired by a colleague at Dior.
La Vilaine Lulu - the nasty Lulu - denounces small-minded couturiers and rigid social mores.
Saint Laurent's illustrated 'tales for sadistic and mature children', based on a tailor at Dior who dressed in crinolines after work. Reissued in 2002 by Colette Paris, each edition, identical to the original is signed and numbered by the designer himself.

I think this has just been released in Japan..

lb_pic_for0028.jpg

keibunsha-books

d0051304_7261590.jpg

bbmania.exblog.jp/2525800

mm this thread makes me want to be a children's book illustrator, so bad! hehehehe

"Here comes Daddy"
illust. by William Gropper

gropperherecomesdaddy01.jpg

gropperherecomesdaddy02a.jpg

gropperherecomesdaddy02b.jpg

t.gif

post by ljru on livejournal.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this has just been released in Japan..

keibunsha-books

bbmania.exblog.jp/2525800
would love to get my hands on this YSL book
i found a copy on alibris.com but it is over $100 :blink:

does anyone know the name of this book, i use to have it as a child, but i dont remember the name. its about a little girl who goes into the forest, but before she does her mother gives her a comb a mirror and some bread (i think) and while shes in the forrest she finds a old dog n gives him some bread, then a witch captures her and she manages to escape n uses the mirror which turns into water n the witch gets her bath tub n sails across and the comb which turns into big trees. something like that. i remmeber it has bony in the name? but im not to sure.

yes, i love loved that story as a child. it's called Boney Legs, it's by Joanna Cole. if you find any pictures please post!!

LOOOOVE KAY NIELSEN!!! Well, and being Finnish-swedish I have to give credit to the dear familiar faces of The Moomins also! 8-)

not children's book but .. a print on ugg~'s dress
her photo
5612_139622993972_651603972_3371732_2283793_n.jpg

from #4792

illustrations by Winnie Gebhardt-Gayler from 2 of my fave books 'The Little Witch' and 'The Little Water-Sprite' by german author Otfried Preussler (I must have read them about 50 times)

The Little Witch
izp6d2.jpg

planet-wissen.de

fw4znk.jpg

faz.net

4rw13q.jpg

theaterverein-rellingen.de

2q9asz5.jpg

flickr.com/photos/cryptia
(there are lots of pictures from the book on this user's page)

unfortunately i was only able to find one from 'The Little Water-Sprite'

ayu1i.jpg

stadtbibliothek.graz.at

rabbirs.jpg

nothingisone.blogspot.com

The Rabbits by John Marsden illustrated by Shaun Tan is easily one of my most loved picture books... and I'm so glad that I could find good quality images of his artwork for the book straight off his site:

rabbits1.jpg

rabbits2.jpg

rabbits3.jpg

^ This one is amazing

from shauntan.net

^ Didn't know Shaun Tan before but the 2nd image is amazing. Love this thread.

^ Didn't know Shaun Tan before but the 2nd image is amazing. Love this thread.

Probably because he is Australian :rolleyes::lol:

Just kidding :P
He has illustrated quite a collection of books, but they are mostly aimed at kids.

^ Oh my! Those are absolutely gorgeous! Very inspiring and intersting illustration. I'm googling for more.

Also, really love the vivid color in Brian Wildsmith's books. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->