Children's book illustrations

i loved thornton w. burgess' "old mother westwind" series when i was younger....the illustrator was harrison cady
r2t5z8.jpg

2yzbr5y.jpg

1zh1ymu.jpg

nffqyv.jpg

5zaqp.jpg

2ly4dau.jpg

from googlebooks and aloveforbooks.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:
and of course hayao miyazaki and team will always be my favorite illustrators. i know they make films, but they also publish the original art work for most of their movies...pretty amazing
all from ghibliworld.com
graveofthefireflies.jpg
gh.jpg
g8.jpg
g8castleinthesky.jpg
g7.jpg

g7laputa.jpg
g6.jpg

g5.jpg
g4.jpg

g2.jpg

two memorable ones from little prince:
vsaint.jpg

vsaintcom.jpg

vsaint.com

Oh my gosh, I loved Tasha Tudor. My favorite story was The Secret Staircase. Such imagination in that story, and to think that there was a whole other house above their own, like a secret palace! It is so enchanting.

I love love love this thread! Thank you, Estrella, for starting it.
My favourite illustrator of all times is Kay Nielsen (Tinuviel posted part of his work already... thank you!)
Current illustrators I like are Benjamin Lacombe and Rebecca Dautremere (if I remember well, someone already posted her work), and MissTigri.
But thank you to all your contributions I'm learning about other great artists :flower:

I love the illustrations from The Little Prince.... such a charming book with beautiful illustrations to go along with it! Its honestly a classic in my opinion (both the book itself and the drawings which accompany the words).

Small Fur by Irina Korschunow was one of my favorite book as a child. It was illustrated by Reinhard Michl whom I don't know much about but seems to love drawing animals.

sternchens-wolke.misslu.de.jpgjubilaeum.reihehanser.de.jpg myheimat.de.jpg
inkognito-webshop.de.jpg

myheimat.de
inkognito-webshop.de
jubilaeum.reihehanser.de
sternchens-wolke.misslu.de

Random pictures by David Wiesner

davidwiesner.com.jpg
aniamit.blogspot.fr.jpg
perma-bound.com.jpg

davidwiesner.com
perma-bound.com
aniamit.blogspot.fr

Reviving this a little cause I just came across the work of Jeanette Winter and it's so warm and educational (and sweet to look at), it has to be in this thread!:heart:. She published Diego in 1991, a book of illustrations on muralist Diego Rivera and it won Best Illustrated Children's Book award by the New York Times at the time.

I didn't know who she was, just kept going back and forth cause it's such a nice book for children and a bit magical, it automatically spark curiosity and makes Diego's childhood relatable, and encouraging as a result. She's also published books on Iraq and Bach. I don't know much about illustrators focused on this field (children's books/education) but books like these should be made more available.. they're soo important.

2udu7mv.jpg2lu2tyf.jpg2py24iu.jpg
Snapped by me/ Dragonfly Books

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->