Dazed & Confused November 2009 : Lily Cole by Martina Hoogland Ivanow

The.Rock.Inc.

Reaction score
dazedissue179lilycole.jpg

dazedgroup

Such a creative cover and very visual appealing, and I don't even like D&C :shifty:

WOW! Stunning! Speechless... i can't believe it! Wish we have it here :|

Stunning! I love that they use so many redheads. 2 redheads on the cover in 3 months.

DAZED NOVEMBER: THE IMAGINATION ISSUE
A film special with Lily Cole & Terry Gilliam, Wes Anderson and Jim Jarmusch

This November, Dazed & Confused charts a path through the minds of some of the film world’s most inspired creatives, in the Imagination Issue. This month’s cover star Lily Cole makes a dramatic acting appearance in director Terry Gilliam’s upcoming new film The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, and both appear here to reflect on the power of the imagination. Lily appears in a stunning series of dreamlike images photographed by Martina Hoogland Ivanov, and illustrated by Jo Ratcliffe.

Dazed also explores the wildly inventive world of director Wes Anderson and his creative collaborators, ahead of his keenly anticipated Fantastic Mr Fox, while a bolt of youthful creativity comes in the form of a portfolio of young British actors shot by Matt Irwin, including rising stars, Nicholas Hoult, Imogen Poots, Aaron Johnson and Rachel Hurd-Wood. The fashion stories also draw on historic periods of cinema, from the spirit of rebellion in 50s Hollywood, to a painterly take on the sumptuous ruffles, pearls and postures of Tudor England.

Cult director Jim Jarmusch discusses his experimental new film The Limits, actors Ryan Gosling and Zack Shields unveil gothic doo-wop band Dead Man’s Bones, while luminaries including Gareth Pugh, Stefano Pilati, Nick Knight and Alexander McQueen all reflect on the rise of the fashion film as a medium.

PLUS The trials and tribulations of Deerhunter and Atlas Sound genius Bradford Cox; Twilight bloodsucker Ashley Greene; spandex-clad wrestlers in Dubai; five years of pioneering London bass label Hyperdub; a new amazing White Stripes tour documentary; stripper-turned-writer Diablo Cody; Nite Jewel & Banjo or Freakout discussing a dead cat; and an encounter with Dave Hickey, the coolest art critic in the world.

ON SALE NOW
ftape.com

I've never bought an issue of Dazed and Confused, but I may have to pick this up. It's beyond lovely- reminds me of why I enjoyed photography and photo manipulation to begin with!

Thanks D&C for creating such a striking cover:heart:

I love this cover! Even though the magazine's content isn't often interesting, their covers have been amazing.

Interesting but I don't like it.

I just watched Jim Jarmusch's Mystery Train. Bizarre. Wonder what they've about him in this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->