Dazed & Confused November 2009 : Lily Cole by Martina Hoogland Ivanow

dazeddigital

162528.jpg

photoshopping makes cover looks cheap. and original photo (from dazed digital)is far better

Dazed & Confused November 2009 | Katlin Aas by Selden

Styled by Kate Shillingford and photographed by William Selden for November’s issue of Dazed & Confused, Katlin Aas appears as a modern monarch, channeling the complex female leads of The Tudors. Kaitlin’s eye-catching props are by the talented Gary Card.

fashiongonerouge

Dazed & Confused November 2009 | Lily Cole by Ivanow

Model turned actress Lily Cole steals the spotlight for the feature story of the November issue of Dazed & Confused. Styled by Karen Langley and photographed by Martina Hoogland Ivanow, Lily promotes her big break in Terry Gilliam’s film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which also co-stars Christopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Jude Law, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and the late Heath Ledger.

fashiongonerouge

Yelena Yemchuk for Dazed & Confused November

Inspired by seventies erotica, photographer Yelena Yemchuk takes a walk on the risqué side for the latest issue of Dazed & Confused magazine. Styled by Karen Langley, Yemchuk captures Dakota in various states of undress with “Floating in A Dark, Surreal Landscape…”.

Note: nudity

fashiongonerouge

Dazed & Confused November 2009 | Katlin Aas by Selden

Styled by Kate Shillingford and photographed by William Selden for November’s issue of Dazed & Confused, Katlin Aas appears as a modern monarch, channeling the complex female leads of The Tudors. Kaitlin’s eye-catching props are by the talented Gary Card.

fashiongonerouge

Truly beautiful! There's such a darkly dramatic, authentic feel to this edit, but the one thing that aggravates me is the description. I perceive nothing remotely Tudor in any of these pictures -- in my opinion, they more closely resemble Mannerist or Baroque portraiture of, say, a Spanish-Habsburg monarch or an Italian noble. </pedantry>

The original photo looks better than the retouched cover image.

Fantastic cover:woot: Lily looks great there and loving Katlin's editorial too. Love the styling and she has the perfect face for this.
Thanks for all the pics everyone.:flower:

Yelena should do more nudity testshots at home and once she can connect through them, take it all to magazines. That ended up looking like something suited only for Paradis. It's vulgar, it's awkward, overshadows whatever concept there could've been and makes little sense. Excuse the bitchiness.. but yeah. :ninja:

Shillingford's styling is a bit too costume-y, but so delicious, and nice to see a story exploring more of that prada girl.

overall, this seems like the kind of issue one can happily skip.

Yelena should do more nudity testshots at home and once she can connect through them, take it all to magazines. That ended up looking like something suited only for Paradis. It's vulgar, it's awkward, overshadows whatever concept there could've been and makes little sense. Excuse the bitchiness.. but yeah. :ninja:

I agree it's a bit awkward and vulgar, but was that the intent? I dunno I'm trying to find a bright side to that editorial...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->