Difficult Designer / Brand Pronunciation #2

Blake

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

:angry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU811hGD0c8

this is not Versace real pronunciation, I HATE when this particular brand is not pronounced correctly. the last "e" has to be pronounced just like the first one...

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you pronounce the French brand Maje? It has been one of my favorite labels for quite some time now, and I am embarrassed that I still have no idea whatsoever how to pronounce it. :blush:

I always say "vair-sah-chay", but my friend is always telling me that it's actually "chee", but I'm insistent with "chay".

^I'm pretty sure it's Vair-SAH-chay with r pronounced by flicking the tongue against the front teeth instead of just puckering the lips. I think the Italian "ce" gets pronounced like Chay, since everyone says Dole-chay & Gabbana instead of Dole-chee :unsure:
How is the u in couture pronounced? i say Ote COO-tyure for Haute Couture but I'm not sure if that's correct. Oh and how are Balmain and Lanvin pronounced? I have no idea if the Ns at the end are pronounced or not or how the soft-n works, nor how the ai is pronounced :wacko:
Thanks in advance!

^I'm pretty sure it's Vair-SAH-chay with r pronounced by flicking the tongue against the front teeth instead of just puckering the lips. I think the Italian "ce" gets pronounced like Chay, since everyone says Dole-chay & Gabbana instead of Dole-chee :unsure:
exactly! :clap:

How is the u in couture pronounced? i say Ote COO-tyure for Haute Couture but I'm not sure if that's correct. the soft-n works, nor how the ai is pronounced :wacko:
Thanks in advance!

I studied French in high school but i'm by no means fluent.

I think you're perfect on the couture pronunciation. At least that's how I was taught it by an American :lol:

How do you pronounce "Cushnie et Ochs" I still can't figure it out.

How do you pronounce "Cushnie et Ochs" I still can't figure it out.

That's a good question! See if there's a video on youtube of someone saying it, that normally helps (if their talking your language lol)

Thanks, I just went up online and read some articles about them. And I now know neither of them are French. :smile: So just say it in English.

How is the u in couture pronounced? i say Ote COO-tyure for Haute Couture but I'm not sure if that's correct. Oh and how are Balmain and Lanvin pronounced? I have no idea if the Ns at the end are pronounced or not or how the soft-n works, nor how the ai is pronounced :wacko:
Thanks in advance!

Balmain is exactly how it looks
bal-mayne

and lanvin is
lawn-vawn (less emphasis on the w's though)

^ so did i , i think it is bal-mah?
and how do you pronounce blaak
is it just black or is it like blahk

^Thanks, I guess I was pronouncing the ai correct, and there is no soft n
Lanvin I'm still not sure about :unsure:

Is is Dreez Vahn Ote-ehn for Dries Van Noten?

^I'm quite sure your version for Dries is correct.

Lanvin is pronounced similarly to Balmain, something like Lahn-veh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->