Kate Moss For TopShop #2

the silver fringed dress that she wears on the cover of HB US is 500$ in the US. in the UK it will be a bit cheaper.

telegraph.co.uk. there is also an exclusive preview/interview in today's WWD...i'm excited about the yellow dress.

The countdown to Kate Moss's comeback collection for Topshop is on (23 days to go!), which means, firstly, we had better start saving - we've already got our eye on a certain yellow chiffon dress (more on that later) - and, secondly, we get to hear the model speak (something of a rarity) as she gets on the promotional trail.

Speaking in this weekend's Sunday Times Style supplement, the model revealed a little more about the upcoming collection. Those who were fond of the sell-out floral tea dresses that peppered her previous collections may be a little disappointed as they are no more.

"I loved those daisy dresses and they were really successful, but I didn't think it was part of what I would do now. I'm more… sophisticated," said Moss. But what we can expect is a collection packed with gig-ready pieces perfect for those hopefully sun-dappled summer festivals. Prices will start at £30, and go up to £600 for a sequined dress that will be sold exclusively via Net-A-Porter.com.
One thing that will be returning though is a riff on the yellow vintage dress Moss famously wore in 2003. A similar style appeared in her 2007 Topshop collection, but the new and improved version in chiffon looks more like the original and, at a reasonable £85, will no doubt fly off the shelves.

This new-found air of sophistication may well be down to her recent milestone birthday - she turned 40 in January. "I feel good. I turned 40 and I felt more comfortable in my skin, probably more comfortable than I ever have. It's an actual feeling. I'm still nervous at times, but not as nervous," she reveals.

Asked for her tips on party dressing, Moss was self-deprecating, pointing out her oft-maligned 'bow legs'.
"No rules, apart from heels, and I never do mid-calf. I've got bow legs. I can't."

Last edited by a moderator:
while i can appreciate the aesthetic she's going for I don't see myself wearing any of it thus far. Freja looks adorbs though.

I have to get that suede fringe jacket. I hope i can get something from internet..

The price point seems higher than her previous collections. With that in mind, I can't consider it a Topshop line so much as a mid-range designer label, like Anna Sui. (Of course, I don't know about the quality.) I never get tired of Kate, though. She can wear ornate garments so effortlessly... It never looks try-hard. I don't know if you can buy that ability at Topshop, however.

these are my favorite pieces from the new line.
vogue.co.uk

the white dress in the campaign looks like a cross between her one shoulder dobby dot dress from the first KM for topshop and a black prada dress that she wore a few years ago!

I like the suede jacket, but that's about it. But the price puts me off.

I bought loads of clothes from the first collection, but i sold everything eventually, the idea of the clothes is nicer than actually seeing yourself in them.
The only exception was the leather jacket, i've been wearing it non stop since 2007, but now i just ripped it on the shoulder, i hope she makes a new one.

i also have been wearing my leather jacket from the first collection non stop (i paid over 400 bucks for it marked up on ebay as it wasnt available here originally - it was still worth every penny)

some of the new stuff does look worth investing in, especially the dresses/tops with long sleeves.

it does pay to wait around however, i have purchased some of her other items used or as seconds. that way i've saved a fortune considering topshop charges so much for the items in the US as compared to the UK.

i also have been wearing my leather jacket from the first collection non stop (i paid over 400 bucks for it marked up on ebay as it wasnt available here originally - it was still worth every penny)

I was lucky enough to find it at the shop, but it's well worth 400 bucks.:flower:

Look UK 14. April 2014 Digital Edition

excerpt from the guardian. this collection is a lot more expensive and pieces are rare...

Inside Kate Moss's studio: an exclusive preview of her new Topshop collection

by jess cartner morley

The model's new range is a 'wardrobe autobiography', featuring recreations of her own personal favourites, from classic fringed leather to her beloved 70s bohemia look

Would you rather look on-trend, or would you rather look like Kate Moss? Rhetorical question, obviously. Mossy is the unrivalled British style icon of the past two decades. Her position at the top of every best-dressed poll is unshakeable, despite – indeed, come to think of it, partly because of – the fact that she more often wears old favourites than straight-off-the-catwalk trophy fashion, and is more likely to be snapped in yesterday's blow-dry, *** in hand, head thrown back in laughter, than in polished-to-perfection celebrity-doll mode.
Seven years after the first Kate Moss for Topshop collection, and three years after the collaboration was put on ice, Moss for Topshop is back. Except this time it is different. Where the early collections were a Moss-influenced take on that season's trends, the new range is Kate on Kate: a wardrobe autobiography, in fringed leather and sequinned stars. Seasonal trends are mostly ignored and, instead, the references are to Moss's own wardrobe and personal style heroines. The silver-fringed jacket that she wears on the cover of the latest issue of Vogue is a recreation of a near-identical piece that she loved and lost. A white Aztec-embroidered linen kaftan is a reproduction of a vintage version that Moss still wears every summer.

Katy England, her longstanding collaborator, has worked with Moss and a four-strong Topshop team to help turn vintage pieces, magazine tear sheets and sketched ideas into a collection. More than a stylist, England is fashion's go-to ghostwriter, with a talent for ordering and untangling a designer's messy creative vision into a coherent collection. She is the Andrew O'Hagan to Kate Moss's Julian Assange, if you like, although with a happier outcome.
Moodboards created by Moss and England for the studio are dominated by photos of the model off-duty: Kate entering Claridge's for her "Beautiful and Damned"-themed 30th birthday party, Kate in hotpants, Kate dressed for a date with Johnny Depp. Strikingly, there are very few photos of Kate's modelling photos on the boards. This collection is all about Kate as Kate. It's a reflection of how Moss's sense of her value as a fashion brand outside her work as a model has grown. On the moodboards, images of her are interspersed with a 30s Garbo in satin and fur, a late-60s Marianne Faithfull, full-fringed and smiling in the sunshine; a 70s holiday snap of Jane Birkin and her daughter; and Michelle Pfeiffer as the ice-queen gangster moll Elvira Hancock in 1983's Scarface. All compelling beauties who chose not to conform to conventional, domesticated female norms, women with dangerous tastes in lovers and expensive tastes in clothes.

Which part of this collection appeals to you will depend on which Kate Moss era you find most compelling. My favourite piece is a black cocktail dress in raw Indian silk dupion with a textured, Shantung-silk effect and a feathered neckline that exposes the shoulders. In an email explaining the collection, Moss says it is "based on a vintage dress of mine that has incredible seaming that makes you look so sexy. This is definitely a date-night dress with a high-strappy shoe. Perfect for drinks in Le Fumoir bar at Claridge's." And that, of course, is the Moss magic right there: not just the dress itself (although the construction is impressive, with a full lining and a bottom-flattering inverted back pleat) but the night out that it promises. Not surprisingly for one of the great hellraisers of her generation, Moss has nailed the party-dress element of this range. A black maxi dress is sliced into ribbons from hip level down to the hem, so that the shimmer lining of the satin-backed crepe catches the light as you move. And at 40, Moss sees the appeal of a non teeny-tiny cocktail option: a silk evening pyjama set, with a cropped button-through top and a high-waisted, wide-legged trouser, has both glamour and an appealing loucheness. ("I'll be wearing this with a high shoe for evening, and then at the weekend in the country at home for lounging around," says Moss.)
The Kate Moss look does not come cheap, however, even at Topshop. The range has been, in retail speak, "up-specced" since the previous collections. Moss wanted to "make sure every piece is really special" and the basics, such as cotton vests, which were part of the initial offering, have been jettisoned, and fabrics have been upgraded across the board. Embellished fabrics are two-a-penny on the high street these days, but for the most part, they look it. Here, the embellishment is densely clustered for a richness that gives a very different feel from the sparse, night-market look of the cheap stuff. The "Aztec" kaftan sells for £75, which is a good price for hand-embroidery on heavy Indian linen, but still a lot for the average Topshop customer to spend on a beach throw-on. An asymmetric yellow silk cocktail dress that Moss famously wore to a New York fashion week dinner in 2003, that was "homaged" in the 2007 Topshop range in a cheap cotton version, is here given a lavish reissue – this time using five metres of chiffon for each dress, with an ensuing price tag of £85. (Topshop is making the dress mostly in lemon yellow, with just a few in emerald and black. Only Moss can make yellow the new black.) While most pieces are being made in runs of many thousands and will be available in 38 countries – the £50 studded denim hotpants and £65 paisley sundress, for example – some are much more exclusive. An Elvira Hancock-esque scalloped blue satin maxi, for example, of which only 20 are being made, will sell for £295. The most expensive dress in the collection will be exclusive on Net-A-Porter for £600, with 50 available.

Is there such a thing, in fashion, as too much Moss? Possibly. Uncle Phil has perhaps overindulged Moss's weakness for 70s bohemia, a look that is charming in small doses but which, when overdone, can get a bit witchy. Sheer blouses with chiffon sleeves have a Rumours-era-Stevie-Nicks vibe which looks stupid at the bus stop. Too many handkerchief hems, too many magician's-assistant star motifs, and too much fringing for my taste. A navy leather jacket has beautifully moulded narrow shoulders but is then shredded from the ribs to hips – a faithful reproduction of what Moss calls her "gig jacket". But the key test of a celebrity-designed fashion collection is whether it feels like the handwriting is genuine, whether the designs capture the essence of the name they sell. And on that, this collection passes with flying colours.

some US prices are listed here.

the bias cut silk dress is $690.:shock:

some pieces are nordstrom exclusives.

"And that, of course, is the Moss magic right there: not just the dress itself (although the construction is impressive, with a full lining and a bottom-flattering inverted back pleat) but the night out that it promises. "

This is so true. I am dying to buy the blue suede dress, but I don't even like the dress that much! It's just that when I think about myself wearing I conjure up the great time I'm going to have in it taking my brother to Hedwig, visiting my sister in Vegas, my birthday, drinks with friends, etc.

Can someone tell me which time tomorrow the collection will launch? Meaning at their online store?

Just watched live stream from the opening. Kate looked gorgeous!

Net-a-Porter sold out of the expensive pieces really early this morning, Topshop's site too. The gold shimmery dress, big beaded £800 number... They didn't last long so there can't have been very many at all.

£800 for a Topshop dress? I mean, seriously?

yeah $1200 must be a record breaker for most expensive item ever at topshop.

the story i posted from the guardian explains that only 20 of the blue satin maxi were made. and 50 of the $1200 dress.

i think i'll wait for the 2ndhand market for some of the these items. i don't mind waiting because i think the discounts will be considerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->