Gucci Pre-Fall 2010 : Raquel Zimmermann and Joan Smalls by Mert & Marcus

Thankfully this is just pre-fall, and not necessarily an indication of what the main campaign will be. It's nice enough, but it's pretty basic and totally predictable M&M. It's also a little too plastic-y.

The boys had better bring it when the F/W campaign drops.

Agreed. Although I have to say that the plastic feel works for Gucci ads most of the time. This time it's VERY plastic though...dare I say only a few steps away from Natalia's Numero cover where she was pure photoshop Barbie a couple of years ago. I liked that too though :P

Agreed. Although I have to say that the plastic feel works for Gucci ads most of the time. This time it's VERY plastic though...dare I say only a few steps away from Natalia's Numero cover where she was pure photoshop Barbie a couple of years ago. I liked that too though :P

Yeah I always like to stress this point. Gucci's practically just a party-girl label these days so something like this works for them really well; it sells the clothes. I think when you have such a shallow brand even the most complex photography can't make it out to be more than what it really is.

This looks like a glamorous sci-fi movie where everyone's suddenly struck down by a sickness that makes them fall asleep for a thousand years. It's gorgeous, but there's so much inaction in it.

Oh I am so happy Joan Smalls got this campaign, she owns it really, alongside Raquel, and happy to not have to see Natasha here either (Nothing against her, it's just getting boring seeing her ALL THE TIME.)

The shots are fantastic. Frida really needed M&M to bring some desire for her clothes, or at least create a desirable impression ^_^

i tried my best to cover the 'apparel' button; its semi-decent. original can be seen on my blog.
g210.jpg

This is absolutely amazing, I really love it. The latest three Gucci campaigns have been brilliant.
It's also fantastic to see Joan in this.

Raquel kinda looks like Courtney Love in the second shot, its unsettling

Oh, wow that first shot is gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
The clothes actually look desirable and great chemistry between the models . First Gucci campaign I have liked since the change in creative directors .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->